Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Got absolutely done by Antonio which surprised me massively. Thankfully didn’t hurt us but it’s the first time in ages I can recall him making a mistake.
We were chasing the game at that point, he had to take risks and shut him down quickly. It didn't work on that particular instance, but I can see the mindset - "shut this down and get the ball forward". The game yesterday was far closer that the scoreline indicated

Olecurls99

I do agree that Van Dijk was perhaps one of the very rare breed of CBs who could face-down an attacker/wide forward in a one vs one and come out on top some of the time, however, that's still a 'last resorts' situation and there's not many who can. I do think he's lost a bit of his 'edge' recently and that is impacting him a little, bit it's mainly the lack of press in front of him. I'd possibly also include Rio Ferdinand, Sergio Ramos and Vincent Kompany in the same bracket, maybe peak Varane. Elite CBs who were aerially/physically dominant but also great one vs one.

At the same time, John Terry couldn't do it and neither could Nemanja Vidic, but both had other significant qualities and both were undoubtedly world-class. But...look what happened when Torres managed to isolate Vidic on occasion...
It wasn’t just that he could go one on one. He used to shut down his entire half of the pitch. I've never seen anything like peak Van Dijk. Him, Mane and Salah were the heartbeat of Liverpool.

Anyway back to the butcher. Didn't need to dive in. Sometimes it's OK not to dive in. Some on here call it cowardly but sometimes it just makes sense.

ScholesyTheWise

The fact that people are surprised that he had a bad game overall, makes you realize how good he is.

Out of 10 games for a metric of sorts,

If he (or any player) produces 7 performances of 7/10, 2 performances of 8/10, and 1 crap performance,

Which has generally been the case with Licha,

We should be over the moon.

Casemiro will also have crap games from time to time, ditto Varane and the "new version of Rashford".
We shouldn't be surprised by these.

IFC 1905

The fact that people are surprised that he had a bad game overall, makes you realize how good he is.

Out of 10 games for a metric of sorts,

If he (or any player) produces 7 performances of 7/10, 2 performances of 8/10, and 1 crap performance,

Which has generally been the case with Licha,

We should be over the moon.

Casemiro will also have crap games from time to time, ditto Varane and the "new version of Rashford".
We shouldn't be surprised by these.

I don't think anyone said he had a bad game overall. It was just one action during the game.

Pericles

It wasn’t just that he could go one on one. He used to shut down his entire half of the pitch. I've never seen anything like peak Van Dijk. Him, Mane and Salah were the heartbeat of Liverpool.

Anyway back to the butcher. Didn't need to dive in. Sometimes it's OK not to dive in. Some on here call it cowardly but sometimes it just makes sense.
Peak Van Dijk was good but if he is the best you ever saw then you need to watch tapes of Baresi. At times he almost single-handedly ensured a clean sheet . That is the highest level of CB play I ever saw.

IFC 1905

De Paul: "There was something Licha used to do (in Qatar university) that was terrific. I can't talk about it. The only thing I will say is that you came out of your room and it was all smoke, everywhere. Licha was involved in that. This was always, everyday. I was like 'guys, come on stop this, man'"

Romero: "We shared rooms with Licha and Molina was always with us. I call Licha "the holy one" because he is such a believer, and after our defeat against Saudi Arabia, I was very upset and he said 'You need to change your energy'. He brought a millon of wood sticks (Palo santo) and started to burn it everywhere. It was full of smoke. That's where the story comes from"

So insted of the butcher it's che chaman. :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
You know he has had a good season when he gets Souness to admit a mistake and say :

‘I thought he would be exposed when he arrived at United, because of his size and relative lack of pace. I have to hold my hands up, there. But he obviously has a real football brain and that “lead from the front” mentality.

‘You can see it in him. Everyone on the pitch, he wants to have an argument with. I love to see that.

mav_9me

You know he has had a good season when he gets Souness to admit a mistake and say :

‘I thought he would be exposed when he arrived at United, because of his size and relative lack of pace. I have to hold my hands up, there. But he obviously has a real football brain and that “lead from the front” mentality.

‘You can see it in him. Everyone on the pitch, he wants to have an argument with. I love to see that.
Yeah I don't believe that. You made it up..

IFC 1905

Was clearly our best player during first half

After the third goal in which I think he slipped and couldn't cut the pass, he lost it. Just like the rest of the players.

el3mel

Salah toyed with him like a boy in that goal. Shambolic like the rest of them.

spiriticon

Hopeless today but I hope it's a lesson learnt about playing at Anfield. You have to keep your head.

Sylar

Wasn't good. I'd give him a pass as it wasn't like he was the only shit player and he dropped a clanger. He got done for sure by Salah but hopefully it's gone from the system for our next game

IFC 1905

He clearly was the less bad in I'd say the whole team

Minutes played
77'
Goals
Assists
Clearances
Blocked shots
Interceptions
Tackles
Dribbled past
Ground duels (won)