Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsideagain

If Martinez had signed for Liverpool, Sourness would have been full of praise. The guy talks out of his arse at times and is decades out of touch. I do even rate Sourness as a good player back in the day, just a clogger. Martinez is a proper player and could play CDM in my view if necessary.

Bossi

Supports
Ajax
Refusing to train at Ajax because you want to join Everton. It's a funny old world.
He doesn't get any minutes, not a starter.

That Martinez quote if true is very disappointing. He is/was one of my favorite players.

Shame when players you look up to turn out to be humans you do not want to learn from. Watched the docu The Last Dance for the umpteenth time the other day and the way the players talk to the general manager because they do not get what they want is absolutely insane.

Meh.

Last edited:

Chief123

I guess we have to say thanks to LVG if Martinez continues to be a success. He’s been great so far and looks like we needed him more than Timber. Martinez has brought some fighting spirit and energy which is rubbing off on others around him.

Nero

He doesn't get any minutes, not a starter.

That Martinez quote if true is very disappointing. He is/was one of my favorite players.

Shame when players you look up to turn out to be humans you do not want to learn from. Watched the docu The Last Dance for the umpteenth time the other day and the way the players talk to the general manager because they do not get what they want is absolutely insane.

Meh.
Your first mistake was looking up to a footballer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I guess we have to say thanks to LVG if Martinez continues to be a success. He’s been great so far and looks like we needed him more than Timber. Martinez has brought some fighting spirit and energy which is rubbing off on others around him.
Agree, we needed Martinez more . Safe to say, we would have gone for Torres or any other left footed defenders.

Bossi

Supports
Ajax
Your first mistake was looking up to a footballer.
Fair point. Bit of a bad habit as a result of being so invested in your footballclub. It would be so much easier just to see them as mercenaries which is what they are, but every now and then I still have moments of weaknesses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Players going to strike and refusing to train is shit thing to do.
But it is in some way "nice" to see players doing that to join us. Rojo was the last who did that

Chief123

Players going to strike and refusing to train is shit thing to do.
But it is in some way "nice" to see players doing that to join us. Rojo was the last who did that
Yeah I’m not a big fan of it even though we are the beneficiaries this time.

It could well happen to us if one day they want to leave for La Liga.

Bobski

Solid but almost a quiet game for him with Varane so dominant. How he lost the flight of the ball for that last min chance was anxiety inducing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Forget duels, headers and everything. This guy just reads the game so well, he senses the danger and takes up very good positions. He is a proper defender.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Martinez has all the qualities to be a future United and Argentina captain.. Really impressive player with a very wide variety of defensive and footballing qualities.. But his mentality sets him apart I think.. He will be a fan favourite in no time.. Im very very positive about that...

Gutted to see him leave, but if he leaves than this is the ideal scenario.. United for a fair price for all parties..
Happy to see the fans starting to fall in love with him.. I had good confidence it would turn out this way..

Blood Mage

Varane carried him tonight. He's clearly very good but it looks like he's still getting used to the pace of the league and isn't used to having so little time on the ball just yet.

kundalini

Good performance. Needs to be more careful when cutting out crosses, another blunder today after the error that required De Gea to make a super save in the Liverpool match (I think). Much easier for him against a team with minimal aerial threat.

Last edited:

ajaxfanboy

Supports
ajax
Since Maguire benched only 1 goal against in 3 games. Martinez is a beast

Welbeckham

Not his best game, but still very solid. He’s quality and his CB partnership with Varane is the best we’ve had in a long time. I hope they stay fit because the drop is big after these two.

The1974s

Varane carried him tonight. He's clearly very good but it looks like he's still getting used to the pace of the league and isn't used to having so little time on the ball just yet.
I think that's a huge overstatement tbh . No-one carried him he played very well it's just Varane was outstanding tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.