Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NLunited

No as I wrote I’ve seen a few good passes from him but expect more. Not really sure how that can be so sensitive.

Edit: let’s leave it here. I expect more from him, and you are satisfied. Don’t really see how we must agree on that.
Two manofthematch performances in five games, but you expect more?!? He is already one of the best passing cb’s in the league.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No as I wrote I’ve seen a few good passes from him but expect more. Not really sure how that can be so sensitive.

Edit: let’s leave it here. I expect more from him, and you are satisfied. Don’t really see how we must agree on that.
The guy plays lot of progressive passes. When you said ''expect more'', more of what? More of backward and sideway passes? What you expect from him is something you are unclear of.

I have seen many people also asked you similar question but you refused to give clear answer, instead you asked the question back to ''give example''. After I gave you example, you are now trying to run away from the conversation because you can't give explanation of what you expect more of him. Why don't you explain what do you expect more of him rather than making lazy argument?

A-man

Two manofthematch performances in five games, but you expect more?!? He is already one of the best passing cb’s in the league.
Official PL man of the match awards our first five matches:
Match 1: Groß
Match 2: Toney
Match 3: Rashford
Match 4: Bruno
Match 5: Sancho

I can still expect more of Rashford. I still think Sancho has areas for improvement.

The guy plays lot of progressive passes. When you said ''expect more'', more of what? More of backward and sideway passes? What you expect from him is something you are unclear of.

I have seen many people also asked you similar question but you refused to give clear answer, instead you asked the question back to ''give example''. After I gave you example, you are now trying to run away from the conversation because you can't give explanation of what you expect more of him. Why don't you explain what do you expect more of him rather than making lazy argument?
As I said I don’t see any point with this discussion. But. I want to see more of this kind of play you showed. Showing one good sequence doesn’t mean everything is awesome, sorry. I expect more. I expect more progressive passes, more passes through the line, more accurate long balls, faster passing. This is based on my observations but if you want objective arguments, it is also reflected in the stats. He has poor progressive stats compared to the other CB in our team. He has poor long balls stats. Etc.

I can see he has talent on the ball, Incan we that he has talent when it comes to one touch passes, but I haven’t seen much of it and expect more. Simple as that.

I didn’t want to continue this discussion as I really see no value in it. I was polite and answered one more time but let’s leave it now.

NLunited

Official PL man of the match awards our first five matches:
Match 1: Groß
Match 2: Toney
Match 3: Rashford
Match 4: Bruno
Match 5: Sancho

I can still expect more of Rashford. I still think Sancho has areas for improvement.

As I said I don’t see any point with this discussion. But. I want to see more of this kind of play you showed. Showing one good sequence doesn’t mean everything is awesome, sorry. I expect more. I expect more progressive passes, more passes through the line, more accurate long balls, faster passing. This is based on my observations but if you want objective arguments, it is also reflected in the stats. He has poor progressive stats compared to the other CB in our team. He has poor long balls stats. Etc.

I can see he has talent on the ball, Incan we that he has talent when it comes to one touch passes, but I haven’t seen much of it and expect more. Simple as that.

I didn’t want to continue this discussion as I really see no value in it. I was polite and answered one more time but let’s leave it now.
Sure, throw in the towel, you should have done that right away. Everyone on here who saw the games disagrees with you.

You are wrong about the passing stats, Lisandro’s stats are better for proggessive passing, and slightly better overall based on this season, compared to Varane.

Besides that, it is clear from watching the games.

Martinez was man of the match twice on this forum, that’s what counts.

criticalanalysis

I wrote that he hasn’t been an amazing passer for us, and that I think he’s been same level as the others CBs so far.

His passing has been totally ok, not saying anything else. Just that I expected even more from his passing, but it was based on rumours so guess it was my own fault.

You think these passes happen out of thin air? No context of what kind of team he is playing in?

Let me ask you a simply question, do you think Martinez is categorically underperforming with his passing relative to what's in front of him in terms of midfielders, passing options, runners etc?

So with context, we have Rashford and/or Ronaldo up front, which we have seen means little hold up play or sustained intelligent running behind the opposition lines. Eriksen and McTominay as two midfielders, a new 'partnership', which is not dominating possession and bit of a mishmash stylistically. Bruno being Bruno, both hero ball and 100mph at everything. Elanga and Sancho both offering something and not really. Finally we have David 'I boot it long everytime' De Gea.

If your answer is 'yes I think, based on the options available to Martinez, his passing has not been anything special, I expect more and I think he's shown the same level as Maguire and Lindelof'. Then as you've admitted, you're just a fool with ridiculous expectations based on 'rumours' that you've imagined and heightened in your head. You've put him on a pedestal only to criticise him unfairly with backhanded comments.

Again, if you answer yes, then it is equally your choice to show examples of where you think he could have been better so we can understand your vague expectation, which many people are calling unrealistic.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

There is no any point with this discussion because what you are expecting is unclear, you were just throwing random things into your silly argument. When you say more progressive passes, more passes through the line, more accurate long balls, and etc, you have to provide more context of what is the barometer he has to achieve and how the team actually play so this discussion can make progress.

You asked example, and we gave you. Now you used it as an excuse because it's only one sequence. So why asked for example in the first place if it doesn't mean everything to you to begin with?? Is it because you thought you could get away from your own silly argument since you didn't expect someone would provide you an example?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Again, if you answer yes, then it is equally your choice to show examples of where you think he could have been better so we can understand your vague expectation, which many people are calling unrealistic.
That's a good idea. If Martinez is clearly not making the most out of his passing ability (or doesn't have that ability), then there must be plenty of moments where that was apparent. So let's have some!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Has to be at his bad ass best to keep Hey Zeus quiet.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Precautionary precautionary precautionary speak it into existence

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I mean he’s walking around on the pitch alright right now so it can’t be that bad

Stadjer

I hope he isnt injured... he didnt have his best game but i do trust him to defend well. When Maguire got on i was afraid every time the ball went near him. I feel much more relaxed with Martinez on the pitch.

IFC 1905

Made a couple mistakes but a decent game overall. I LOVE the fact that he is always trying to create a good chance for the attack, he doens't just kick the ball away.

Bobski

Tough game for him, made some mistakes, came up against an outstanding opponent in Jesus, but the difference between him and guys like Maguire/Lindelof is that a mistake does not seem to knock him, picks himself up, gets on with it and keeps being an infuriating bastard to play against.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
You see how he is busy with everyone, before, during, after the game.. Emotional leader of the team already.. Immense signing!

Tony247

This guy is the nucleus, the bee queen of the entire defense. Hope he is alright.

The United

Didn't think he had a good game like he did in the past few games. I like how he battles on the ground but is still not exactly comfortable with bouncing balls.

RuudTom83

The character he adds to the team is simply amazing...his personality has them all at it! such a massive improvement on last season.

Really interesting to watch others around him trying harder.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Didn't think he had a good game like he did in the past few games. I like how he battles on the ground but is still not exactly comfortable with bouncing balls.
Thought he was very good. I think I remember the occasion with the bouncing ball, it was tricky but apart from that very solid I thought

jesperjaap

Jesus really tested him and he isnt and wasnt perfect today, little over excitable in the challenge.

But for me, future captain of the club. What has really impressed me is the individual bond he has with so many, prematch, during the match and post match, you see hm talking to , hugging and encouraging both youngsters and big pros and that passion if he can harness it a little better has him lead by example

Telsim

Not his best game, but his attitude is undeniable. I think he will be incredibly important going forward, more so than others because of it.

Ekeke

I mean, you're talking about 1 situation and Varane also had trouble with against Gabriel (muscling and backing into and getting on the end of the ball). The main thing was Arsenal had all of the ball and Gabriel did a really good job, getting himself into loads of situations against our CBs. Some Gabriel won, some our defenders won.

Status
Not open for further replies.