Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Royal

He wasn’t an injury prone player when he was at Madrid, granted the premier league intensity is on another level. I feel like since SAF retired, we have been getting many more players injured, maybe ETH can get it sorted, but he is a very demanding coach, so who knows.
I think the above average injuries dates back to even Fergies time. I remember that time when we had to play Carrick at CB... it seemed alll our CBs were injury prone back then for a while.

I Am Zlatan

I think the above average injuries dates back to even Fergies time. I remember that time when we had to play Carrick at CB... it seemed alll our CBs were injury prone back then for a while.
You are right, I forgot about that, but in general I don’t remember it being as bad as it has been, granted we did have more options to choose from, also managers like Ole, and Mourinho had favorites who they ran to the ground/completely isolated some players and played the same players over and over. With that being said, I read some Ajax fans saying that ETH doesn’t make many starting 11 changes unless he absolutely needs to(injuries). So we could see the trend continues.

The_Midfielder

Let's see how does he adapt to the EPL
he could be the next Memphis/Blind or the next Heinze/Tevez

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Mate we even played Berbatov at CB for a game or two

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If Maguire can play a bit more of a containing role and not go in for braindead challenges on the halfway line that leave the whole defence exposed (leaving the aggressive defending to Martinez), I don't mind that partnership in theory.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Let's see how does he adapt to the EPL
he could be the next Memphis/Blind or the next Heinze/Tevez
Strange to categorise Blind with Memphis and Heinze with Tevez. Blind has a decent shout at being at least the same level as Heinze. Ultimately they both had one good season where they were undisputed first choice, then eventually got replaced either due to a new manager not liking them (Blind) or signing a new player who was better than them (Heinze).

Long Time Red

Absolutely petrified this guy is going to mauled by Haaland, Nunez, Chris Wood, Mateta, Calvin-Lewin and the other big strikers in the league.

Any ball stood up to the back post from our right and it almost a certain goal.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Will struggle as a CB in the PL. Giving me rojo vibes

Erics_Collar

Well, if his debut is anything to go by, we don't have to worry too much about the add-on clauses being reached.

Can see why he wasn't even our first choice Ajax defender to sign.

Onwards and upwards, and all that positive shite.

Holters

Rough start, but grew into the game. Will be interesting to see how he'll fare against tall fast strikers...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Started brightly but faded away quickly. If he can't handle these midgets God knows how he will manage the absolute shithousers .

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Absolutely petrified this guy is going to mauled by Haaland, Nunez, Chris Wood, Mateta, Calvin-Lewin and the other big strikers in the league.

Any ball stood up to the back post from our right and it almost a certain goal.
until we have an actual decent midfield we will struggle regardless.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Let's be honest, he was terrible. Bad decision to throw him straight in.

flappyjay

Apparently big 9s are not a thing anymore and he will be fine. Also here is an example of great short cbs who never played in the Premier league.

Stumpy

And there you all are slating him already but rashford and dalot get away with it again

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He looked like a rabbit in the headlights in the first half. Looked better in the second, but we didn’t have much defending to do in the second

Godfather

Didn't need him anyway. Looks pretty decent but so do our other CBs on their day. We spent a huge amount on money on a position with absolutely no urgency

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
First game after lack of proper pre season, alot of knee jerk reactions

crossy1686

career ending
He has to adapt to the PL and fast otherwise that's another £50m wasted on CB's because the board wanted to support the manager instead of going for the player they thought would fit better (Torres)...

slored1

Welbeck ran circles around him. Looks and plays like a midget as advertised. Woeful recruitment.

IhabX7

What fecking game we’re you lot watching? He was our best defender.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s one thing to see more of the same from Maguire but this guy looks out of his depth. And it’s no surprise that his depth is at the shallow end.

CallyRed

Looked small. Not sure if I was standing too far from the TV or what.

Kramer

Why are people saying he was terrible?

One of the rare positives today. He’s got composure on the ball and is a very aggressive CB.

He’ll be fine once he adjusts to the PL.

We lost today due to the steaming pile of dogshite that is Fredtominay.

That and the lack of a real goalscorer up front.

Lyng

Yeah anyone writing him off allready need to give their head a wobble. He was also much better in the second half. Having a proper midfielder probably did him and Maguire a world of good :P

Long Time Red

It's not knee jerk when it's quite clear he isn't going be able to cope with big physical centre forwards.

He's small, he's not quick and he's not strong.

We will concede a lot with him at centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.