Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

It’s so obvious what a big difference he makes to our defence. The speed and tempo from the back just steps up another level compared to the slow tumescent football of Maguire and Lindelof.

Martinez has to play every game at the moment.

Holters

Excellent player. Man of the man in the second half. Never a penalty. The VAR room doesn't know the rules...

DarkXaero

He was excellent, despite the terrible referee decision. Huge difference between him and Maguire & Lindelof.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s so much better than our other defenders bar Varane. What a machine. Very unlucky with the pen as that’s actually brilliant defending.

TempusFugit

Great player. Probably one of the best ball playing CBs around. He plays and you can just see that he's a level above the others.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Didnt think it was a pen, but wont claim im an expert on the ever changing rules. Hands were in natural position to block the shot and cushion your fall, ball comes off his leg and hits his arm

Other than that some good passes and plenty of good defending. Did have that one time he mistimed his jump from a cross that Sorloth missed, so not perfect other than the unlucky pen. But still our best CB on the day

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Genuinely such a positive signing this is turning out to be, like Bruno he doesn’t tend to hide & always wants to go forward

Telsim

Best player on the pitch after he came on. Best signing of the summer. Him and Eriksen.

Chip

What a difference he makes, absolute class act.

Mistimed one aerial duel with Sørloth and got screwed by the ref - and VAR - with the penalty.

Sylar

45 mins, deemed to have made a handball (wtf) and still motm

Prodigy24

How dare he have arms?!

Easily the best player on the pitch. Defending, carrying the ball and forward passing brilliant again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was brilliant again and was unfortunate to give a penalty away when I thought he pulled off a brilliant block to deny the La Real player. The problem in that sequence started when Kubo easily beat Lindelof on our right side, which meant La Real then had a numerical superiority over us.

Blood Mage

So much better than Maguire and Lindelof and really unlucky with that ridiculous pen call. Our build up play suffers without his passing from the back.

Will Singh

He’s the boss, I can see why he’s nicknamed the Butcher. The guy is a beast, he’s presence makes everyone around him up their level.

criticalanalysis

If they aren’t trolling then I worry for them. Definitely hard for Lindelof.
He also thought Martinez' passing wasn't special before the Arsenal game, got roasted by a few in this thread and then kept quiet until tonight with that comment.

The Swede's stock is at an all time low. Must hurt to see that as the agenda is strong in this one.

A-man

He also thought Martinez' passing wasn't special before the Arsenal game, got roasted by a few in this thread and then kept quiet until tonight with that comment.

The Swede's stock is at an all time low. Must hurt to see that as the agenda is strong in this one.
You and @Jeppers7 really don’t need to talk about me over my head like that. Not polite at all.

I didn’t think his passing was amazing against Leicester, and not the matches before that. It was not bad by any means but not amazing. It’s a performance thread, don’t see why it would be so sensitive with me writing that. And really don’t see why you need to harass me all over the forum and mention me all the time just because of it. Is it is your only way you know to make friends? It’s sad really.

A-man

That is a terrible take, to be fair. It was a fantastic block. Deflection aside, his arms were as tucked away as it’s possible to be in that situation. It was just a complete injustice.

Unfair pen aside it was a terrific performance. At both ends of the pitch. Probably MOTM.
It was unlucky to concede a pen. And annoying how inconsistent the referees and VAR can be in these situations. Sometimes we see penalties for situations like this, sometimes not.

city-puma

These games we have played just show Martinez acquisition is a great transfer!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was unlucky to concede a pen. And annoying how inconsistent the referees and VAR can be in these situations. Sometimes we see penalties for situations like this, sometimes not.
Oh man. Don’t get me started.

VAR aside, I thought the referee had a shocker. Real were constantly fouling us. There was a period just after half time where we about 6 of our attacks in a row where stopped by blatant fouls, all in the space of a couple of minutes. And he didn’t even have a word, never mind get his cards out.

El Jefe

Looks like our best CB and CM when Varane and Eriksen aren't available.

He did both jobs in his 45mins tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.