Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplate warrior

He's a top player in my opinion, still think Timber would he a great signing and one we should go back in for.

Chief123

He's a top player in my opinion, still think Timber would he a great signing and one we should go back in for.
I do like Timber. However I think we would have to play him at RB. I know Martinez is proving to be fine so far, but having Martinez and Timber as our CBs might be taking liberties.

Ekeke

I do like Timber. However I think we would have to play him at RB. I know Martinez is proving to be fine so far, but having Martinez and Timber as our CBs might be taking liberties.
I watched the dutch supercup between PSV and Ajax and PSV scored 2 goals from crosses and headers in the first half from Gakpo crosses to Til in the middle. So Ajax have a weakness there with Timber and Blind

dubplate warrior

Possibly, but he's exceptional at carrying the ball for a defender and quite quick. Almost like a midfielder out the back.

AdNani

If we're to take anyone else from Ajax it should be Bassey. looks an exceptional talent.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would sell Maguire and get Salisu next year. Very similar to Martinez and would be a good backup to him. Get Tomori or Geuhi in 2024 summer as Varane's backup. Or hopefully Kambwala or Fish proves their ability by then.

Chief123

Possibly, but he's exceptional at carrying the ball for a defender and quite quick. Almost like a midfielder out the back.
I think having Timber alongside Martinez would be too risky in prem. I know Martinez is proving doubters wrong but I do think a big guy like Varane next to him is a good balance.

Timber would immediately become our best RB anyway

RedOrange

For anyone wondering why maguire gets slated when he has a "good" game just watch the difference when martinez came on. Thats how ETH wants/needs CBs to play. You could just see the old Ole Ball speed from the past CBs weve had. Thats why i wanted the club to be proactive for a change and sell Maguire when teams prob wouldve paid decent money and bring in players who can play like he wants them to.
No one is going to pay decent money for Maguire.

Sheriff Tiraspol 0:2 Man Utd

little.triangles

Dalot-Varane-Martinez-Malacia have conceded only 2 in 5 games, one each against Liverpool and Arsenal. Martinez especially is a monster. Superb reading of the game and love his excursions up the pitch.

Feck off Sounnes and Carragher and all the height-shaming meme makers.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Bobski

Dude has been exceptional, quickly become one of our most important players and I love his front foot aggressive style, such a change from Lindelof and co.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pipe and slippers job for him today. No fuss at all.

Chief123

I think this might be the shortest time ever for a new signing to become my favourite player in the squad.
I remember Ajax fans on here saying we’d absolutely love him when he signed. I can see exactly why. He makes you love him. He plays like a passionate fan.

redshaw

Nice change to having the Blair Witch Project at the back (Lindelof and Maguire)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I remember Ajax fans on here saying we’d absolutely love him when he signed. I can see exactly why. He makes you love him. He plays like a passionate fan.
He's not only great at reading the game, but his passing is insane too, played an amazing ball to Ronaldo from the back. Ronaldo could have scored but he decided to go down and try and get a pen.

Barca went heavy on Kounde who is only an inch taller than Martinez, and people don't complain about his height. Martinez is a better passer and tackler than Kounde.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's basically an aggressive and agile Daley Blind (not quite as good of a passer but very good all the same). Which is what we all wish with Blind! Making him taller and faster as a top speed and he'd be a perfect CB pretty much.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This guy is going to achieve iconic status for fans.. He has that fire, aggression and energy, but also the incredible quality to back it up. Makes everyone around him better by sheer force of will and power of example. Technically superb and with the heart of a lion.

For me, he is the first name on the team sheet. Absolutely superb fecking signing. People liken him to Heinze, but that’s just because they are both left footed and Argentinian. Heinze was a fiery warrior but he never had anything like the quality Martínez possesses. They guy is a rock, and his passing out from the back is as good or better than anyone in the league.

The player I compare him most to is Roy Keane. Not because of their positions or dominant foot, obviously, but because of what they bring to the team. Martinez has that “I wouldn’t want to get on his bad side” type feel that Keane had. He has an enormous personality on the pitch, a fighting spirit of leadership, but it is also allied to a huge amount of technical and positional excellence. A player who you feel is the embodiment of the manager on the field. Like Keane was for SAF.

He’s absolutely my favourite player at this moment in time. The Roy Keane of Center halves. Wait until Milner tries to bully Malacia in the tunnel, and Martinez stands up for him. You know it’s coming.

Sylar

Freaking international game before our next game. Wish he could be bubble wrapped until the city game

Great purchase for us

Abraxas

It's like having a Carrick type player and a centre back in one. The way he can pass straight through the opposition is incredibly valuable.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's both mental and calm. Certainly has huge potential to be a cult hero at United. Pretty young (for a CB) too!

Quagmire Maguire

Echo the thoughts of most on here, he is great. Something with all the new signings I like is they all seem such great characters, who are leaving it all on the pitch. I hope that doesn't change.

Pronewbie

Peep
How's he not starting regularly for Argentina? If he continues to play like this he'd be worth every penny. If he continues to improve in his decision making and 1v1s he'd be world class.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Agree with the comments in here. He’s easily my favourite player to watch right now. Silky smooth on the ball and aggressive as hell in the challenge. Him and Varane are making defending fun to watch.

slored1

Can't believe I fell for the supposed height problem and doubted him. What a player, oozes class.

Status
Not open for further replies.