Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

His passing is pretty good and I must say I underestimated his ability to handle the physical aspect but he is passing the tests. If only we could get a ball playing keeper to support him

saivet

I was dubious when we first signed him, largely because of the element of unknown and a worry about how he might cope given his height but loving what I've seen from him so far. Out of the signings we've made, I think he may well prove to be the best one this summer.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It's so refreshing to see a CB who's seemingly got everything in his locker. Strength, intelligence, technique, not lacking pace, excellent passing ability, determination and more pleasingly a very high base line of performance. He's the same player each match and that's very reassuring given his position. I imagine DDG is loving playing behind this guy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can you imagine? Haha, would be a joke of a player. As far as ball playing cb’s go he’s one of the best I’ve seen, in terms of passing range at least.

My favourite attribute of his though is the South American bite that he brings to his game. Think he will prove a good signing.
Agreed. Our team has been far too soft for ages. Obviously I don't condone players going out to injure people or be overly aggressive intentionally, but he plays right on the limit.

You can tell he is extremely competitive and hates losing (something else I feel we've lacked a lot recently)

I just love the way he zips the ball hard and low into people's feet. He spots a ball through midfield as good as anybody I've seen.
I feel if he was 6’4 he would lose some of the advantages he has right now with the low centre of gravity. He’s able to anticipate and get ahead of strikers to intercept passes and be more aggressive in getting in front of the forwards. It’s a lot easier to do when you are shorter and agile.
Yeah that's fair to say, I guess it does have some advantages. It helps that he's quite stocky and clearly has a powerful core as he rarely ever gets pushed off the ball.

lex talionis

BEAST.

If we had to deploy him at CDM I have no doubt he'd do a decent job of it. The reading, tackling, carrying and passing...whether he's 6'5" or 5'9" he's a world class defender I'd have no problem matching up against striker on the planet not named Erling.

IFC 1905

BEAST.

If we had to deploy him at CDM I have no doubt he'd do a decent job of it. The reading, tackling, carrying and passing...whether he's 6'5" or 5'9" he's a world class defender I'd have no problem matching up against striker on the planet not named Erling.

From what I saw at the game, Erling himself didn't target Licha that much tbh, he played way differenty by dropping down to get the ball.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
From what I saw at the game, Erling himself didn't target Licha that much tbh, he played way differenty by dropping down to get the ball.
Haaland doesn’t really target anyone as such, he looks for space, and usually finds it. He hasn’t got the ball ability to target someone by constantly running at them, and City are not really a team for aerial balls.

Ekeke

Yeah he was sloppy with his passing several times which is unlike him. Considering how good he can be I'd call it an off day

Based Adnan

Newcastle blocked off the options between the lines very well today so he almost always had to go wide

Abraxas

I thought him and Varane, plus Shaw were the stronger performers. Newcastle didn't have that much. Two teams that were poor in attack.

Bwuk

Need a big performance from him tonight. He's also on 4 yellows so hopefully he can avoid one as we'll need him vs Chelsea too.

criticalanalysis

Just gonna go ahead and say I think this guy is the best signing we've made post-Ferguson. He's been immense pretty much every game
He was fecking fantastic tonight. Pressed into Kane and Son early, didn't give them an inch to turn whether it was on the floor or in the air and sprinted with intensity to cover Dalot/Shaw whenever the first press was beaten. That's not even to mention his ability and calmness on the ball.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I love him.

Not the first time I've said it this season and it won't be the last.

Leonzo1

60 Mil is looking like a bargain so far. What a player he is. Had Kane in his pocket for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.