Squad Number: #6
Position: Defender - Centre-Back, Left Back
Foot: Left
Player Agent: Scorefutbol
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027
Contract Option: Option for a further year​

Last edited:

TrebleChamp99

I wonder if he’ll play instead of Verane or Lindelof I can imagine it will be a back two pairing of Lisandro and Maguire.

Annouchez

I know a lot of people can’t get over his height and I understand the reasoning with that.

I just think Martinez will be great for my nerves.

For a very long time I have feared for us whenever we have opted to play out from the back or when the ball goes back into defence after being pressed. Going back to the Chris Smalling days it has been horrendous to watch. The amount of chances conceded by our defenders through a lack of confidence and ball playing ability… all tall players. Good height for defenders.

I’d take Papa Smurf at LCB if that means we can actually play out from the back and recycle possession under pressure without an issue everytime.

Short CB concerns are valid though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wonder if he’ll play instead of Verane or Lindelof I can imagine it will be a back two pairing of Lisandro and Maguire.
I think Martinez is nailed on to be our first choice LCB. The question is which of Maguire and Varane end up partnering him. Assuming Varane can stay fit consistently enough to make that a question. I'd be very surprised if Lindelof leap-frogged his way into the starting CB pairing.

Greck

I can see Maguire getting phased out by the end of the season. Lisandro will probably be paired with one of the more athletic CBs., or maybe one should say one of the less unathletic.

Walters_19_MuFc

Welcome, Lisandro!

A versatile player who knows ten Hag's system like the back of his hand. I look forward to seeing him play. Be interesting to see where he plays, too. You'd imagine it would be as a centre back. I mentioned how important it was that we purchased a left footed centre back, as it would do wonders to our build up play, so i can only assume he'd play there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Martinez and Bailly for me, at least for now. Be happy with Varane too.

Blood Mage

Varane and Martinez are the obvious first choice pair when the former is fit.

GwilDor

Anyone know if he ever played the DM position?

I’d be interested in seeing him there, or alternatively in a 3-CB setup as one of the CB’s moving forward with the ball, i could imagine him and Maguire being allowed to move forward with the ball, and Varane remaining cover at all times.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
From seeing what the Ajax supporters have been saying, it sounds like his attitude and mentality is what we need in our new players joining. A few have all mentioned the same thing that he gives his all every time he's on the pitch, and plays with aggression too.

Can't wait to see him in action, really sounds promising

Newtonius

Varane and Martinez are the obvious first choice pair when the former is fit.
Agreed but no way is the 80 million captain on the bench, this is why it needed to be done in the short term, De Gea, McTominay, doesn't matter who Maguire is going to be a problem for ETH in both a football and media sense.

awkwarddutchguy

Harry maguire plus Martinez would be a no go, they are both quite slow in Ajax martinez had Timber next to him with great pace i am sure that Erik ten hag knows this and will play martinez next to varane

IFC 1905

I'm very excited to look at his performances. I think it's a pretty safe signing, He willl do well.
It's also nice for Argentina having Lisandro playing at the top level.

Cuti Romero - Lisandro Martinez as our CBs in the future :drool:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
CB signing are always good. Because it means we will see less of Maguire.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know a lot of people can’t get over his height and I understand the reasoning with that.

I just think Martinez will be great for my nerves.

For a very long time I have feared for us whenever we have opted to play out from the back or when the ball goes back into defence after being pressed. Going back to the Chris Smalling days it has been horrendous to watch. The amount of chances conceded by our defenders through a lack of confidence and ball playing ability… all tall players. Good height for defenders.

I’d take Papa Smurf at LCB if that means we can actually play out from the back and recycle possession under pressure without an issue everytime.

Short CB concerns are valid though.
I know what you mean! Watching Maguire and Lindelof shuffle the ball between them triggers me

cletus7

We have finally found our Carricks replacement that plays in CB :drool:
He’s mostly in acres of space in that video. You could put a similar showreel together for Lindelof in the Premiership which would be more impressive by virtue of not being Erie Divisie.

Olecurls99

Wish him well. Great attitude. Great passing range. Good footballing brain. Hopefully it works out

Waynne

We have finally found our Carricks replacement that plays in CB :drool:

This is exactly why I wanted this signing to happen. That kind of distribution out from defensive areas of the pitch with the kind of system we're looking to play is going to be lethal. That and he's ability to wriggle his way out of a press is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I predict he'll have a poor first season, and then when we finally sign Timber and stack them on top of each other, beast mode :drool:

Red4Life_#7

I can see Maguire getting phased out by the end of the season. Lisandro will probably be paired with one of the more athletic CBs., or maybe one should say one of the less unathletic.
Yes, Maguire doesn't have the attributes for our high line procession based football. ETH keeping him as Captain means nothing, he just doesn't want to rock the squad too much. You can't be the captain if you are on the bench half the time. Bruno will wear it more.

We need to sell some CB's and trim down the squad. Maguire has time to prove himself, but Jones and Axel should be first out the door as they can't stay fit. Eric Bailly should be kept, he has pace, but needs to be taught our structured system as he can be too rash at times.

AkaAkuma

Which knuckle dragger is going to give him his first ‘welcome to the premier league’?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I know what you mean! Watching Maguire and Lindelof shuffle the ball between them triggers me
I hope we don't see these two near the starting lineup this season but Varane cant stay fit so Maguire it is :(

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Why do they call him the butcher, was that his former job?

Status
Not open for further replies.