Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Probably their best CB, but he won't start I think. NT football is silly like that.
Otamendi is part of the old guard for them and plays well for the NT so he's got the managers preference for now.

Lisandro is better than Romero though

Rolaholic

The thing that gets me is that he's only 24 with a game so mature. Makes it crazy to think just how much better he has the potential to become with more and more experience

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
So refreshing to have a CB who easily deals with 1v1, wont get burned with pace, can dribble without fear of making mistake and can pass out from the back. He might be "small" for a CB but he rarely ever got outmuscled or beaten in physical duels. So its not about the size but how you use it huh :lol:

Reactions: Cheimoon

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Our new vidic? Surprised anyone hasn’t compared them really. Both warriors and fighters. Martinez is scared of nobody and nothing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Fecking love it !
Just love the passion from the players and the fans! Can’t beat a last minute goal. The fans know the team are doing everything and playing with pride now. Can’t of said that last season. Ten Hag is working wonders so far!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As much as I love this guy... I still believe he has been lying about his height. I think he's closer to 170cm than 175cm. Compare him to the other short guys like Fred and Antony out on the pitch. Hmmm...!
if he keeps playing like this I wouldn’t care if he’s 150cm. what does it matter?

Castia

Love this guy

Brilliant signing that will be a massive fan favourite over the coming years

Adamsk7

What a player. He’s got so many qualities but for me those fast passes slicing through midfield has really changed the way we play of late. Completely dissects the opponents press

Ludens the Red

He obviously fancies himself as a hard man but what I like is he picks the right moments to do it. Like we’ve got another hard man in the team who can’t seem to work out when being a hard man is appropriate so I like how Martinez knows how to just about toe the line with it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
As much as I love varane we can't build a defense around him, he's just too unreliable which is no fault of his own but it does worry me a lot, any of our future additions in defense should be with the purpose of accommodating Martinez, he's very young for a center back and seems to be rather injury free so we could make him the linchpin of our defense .

Preferably aerialy strong center backs who cover well should be what we're looking for.

Still im hoping varane gives us another year or two at least.

Red-17

Eth needs to get cute and try and get dalot to time his booking for a match he will feel OK playing awb
Wouldn't be shocked if he played Lindelof there assuming we don't need him at center back. From what I've heard, Timber played right back occasionally under Ten Hag. With Dalot primarily playing more as an inverted fullback, I think you could argue that suits Lindelof's skills more so than Wan Bissaka.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
As much as I love this guy... I still believe he has been lying about his height. I think he's closer to 170cm than 175cm. Compare him to the other short guys like Fred and Antony out on the pitch. Hmmm...!
Given the level of abuse he has taken from his own fans(yourself?), never mind the media, I am surprised he hasn't claimed to be 6-3. Even when he is playing well we are still talking about it.
Maybe you can start a "Did Martinez lie about his height to UTD fans and can we ever forgive him " thread

Lebo

Wouldn't be shocked if he played Lindelof there assuming we don't need him at center back. From what I've heard, Timber played right back occasionally under Ten Hag. With Dalot primarily playing more as an inverted fullback, I think you could argue that suits Lindelof's skills more so than Wan Bissaka.
I would be with Varane out. That will basically mean Maguire at CB. The horror

Shai-Hulud

Given the level of abuse he has taken from his own fans(yourself?), never mind the media, I am surprised he hasn't claimed to be 6-3. Even when he is playing well we are still talking about it.
Maybe you can start a "Did Martinez lie about his height to UTD fans and can we ever forgive him " thread
It's not abuse, you baby.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah but it's not necessarily exclusive to Martinez as a lot of pros seem to do it, for example there's no way luke Shaw is 6 feet and a fullback doesn't really need to lie about thier height.

Status
Not open for further replies.