Lisandro Martinez | Man Utd player - Contract till 2027, with the option to extend for a further year

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Manchester United is delighted to announce the club has reached agreement with Ajax for the transfer of Argentine international defender Lisandro Martinez, subject to medical, to player terms being finalised, and to UK visa requirements.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ajax and Manchester United have reached an agreement for the transfer of Lisandro Martínez. The transfer is still subject to a medical examination and the contractual agreement of both clubs with the player. The defender is still under contract with Ajax until June 30, 2025. Ajax agreed a transfer fee of € 57.37 million with the English side. That amount can increase to € 67.37 million through variables.
https://english.ajax.nl/articles/ajax-and-manchester-united-reach-agreement-on-lisandro-martinez/

Red Royal

Welcome to Manchester...some much needed steel in our squad.

So we can complete deals on the weekend and non of this wait for NYSE to open nonsense.

Conor

Ridiculous money for a defender from the Dutch league.

Banat

Get in, will be a brilliant signing.
And height jokes are really getting tiresome...

Remember the geese

I know that this is a done deal, but I love the way the club states subject to this, that and everything else. So basically we have agreed a fee with Ajax for him. Much like what we have with Barcelona for De Jong :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Some good moves so far hopefully but I feel that the transfer window all revolves around getting De Jong as I think ETH wants to build the team around him

Nick7

Hope he does well. Massive reservations about this transfer though.

Anduin

I obviously trust ETH’s judgement on this one, though he better perform from the start given the fee for a Dutch league defender. The pressure will be immense. It seems that Ajax have not given us an inch in this negotiations.
Happy we didn’t sign Pau Torres, seen enough of him to think he is slightly overrated.

Excellent news. A player we need in a position we need, and I'd trust ETH over our recruitment department any day.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Crazy fee, VDS robbing United blind here.
His price would've been higher if he was playing in a bigger league. We got robbed for Maguire and Wan Bissaka, but not for this lad who is a superb footballer.

stu_1992

Nice! Not completely over the line yet but should be grand from here. Big fee for a a player from the Dutch league and there are obvious concerns about his height, but if Ten Hag thinks he's the man to help implement his system and hopefully sure up the defence then I'm happy with that until proven otherwise. Hopefully he can make a center back position his own, it's not like the bar is very high right now either.

Schnappo

It's a big fee but then it's worth remembering that the likes of Ben White cost £52m; I guess with context it's not so bad :wenger:

Volksie316

Really not sure about this deal.

Paying that much money for a player, who played in a terrible Dutch league, where even I would not look out of place, is very concerning.

Hope the lad proves me wrong, and is fantastic buy for us,