Lisandro Martinez | Man Utd player - Contract till 2027, with the option to extend for a further year

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let’s go Lisandroooo… just a shame your partner is Maguire. Expect good leadership from him.. I know he won’t be afraid to put his team mates into place. Think he’ll get a few assist this season with his long accurate passing.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I hope Adidas can supply enough mini kits.

Actually, the amount crap posted in this thread is unbelievable. Most clearly haven’t seen him play and don’t know what they’re talking about.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I hope Adidas can supply enough mini kits.

Actually, the amount crap posted in this thread is unbelievable. Most clearly haven’t seen him play and don’t know what they’re talking about.
Yeah most people here are selling him short.

Rams

Martinez is not short of confidence. There’s little that phases him and it’s no small wonder that ETH wanted to sign Martinez. He goes about things in a diminutive way and never shrinks away from a challenge.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Because Otamendi is probably better.
Yes and that should probably be a concern.
Wow, I thought I could be pessimistic but I usually try and give them at least 45 mins before wanting rid.
Just as well we have slabhead, the dressing gown, and sicknote propping up our league leading defence.

Rams

Really not sure about this deal.

Paying that much money for a player, who played in a terrible Dutch league, where even I would not look out of place, is very concerning.

Hope the lad proves me wrong, and is fantastic buy for us,
Trust me, when you actually watch him play and then consider that Maguire cost over 80M you’ll be thinking “what a bargain”

MUFC OK

Trust me, when you actually watch him play and then consider that Maguire cost over 80M you’ll be thinking “what a bargain”
Not bothered by the Otamendi thing but I'd seen it trotted out somewhere that he'd won the Copa America which he has, but not as a starter.

Kostov

Wow, I thought I could be pessimistic but I usually try and give them at least 45 mins before wanting rid.
Just as well we have slabhead, the dressing gown, and sicknote propping up our league leading defence.
I think you need to be a bit realistic and actually read what I have written. Otamendi was a very solid defender in the PL, if Martinez turns out as good or better together with his supposed ball playing capabilities then it’s all good. Whether it’s worth the enormous fee, we shall see.

It will be interesting to see all of you slating Maguire at every turn while you wank over a CB who has never played in as competitive league as the PL, will use the same scrutiny on Lisandro.

Rams

I hope he isn't one of those players who checks what fans say about him online.
If he does then he’s probably thinking what a bunch of morons. Actually it all reminds how the Ajax fans reacted when Ajax first signed him. The concerns didn’t last long…

Huddsred

He's quick, strong, tough and skilful.
Basically has all the attributes necessary to succeed in England. Welcome Lisandro!

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Didn't realise he was behind Otamendi as LCB for Argentina. Anyone know why?
because they won the Copa with Otamendi.

Argentinean fans seem to think that after the WC Martinez will take his place

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I think you need to be a bit realistic and actually read what I have written. Otamendi was a very solid defender in the PL, if Martinez turns out as good or better together with his supposed ball playing capabilities then it’s all good. Whether it’s worth the enormous fee, we shall see.

It will be interesting to see all of you slating Maguire at every turn while you wank over a CB who has never played in as competitive league as the PL, will use the same scrutiny on Lisandro.
You wrote a sarcastic "Otamendi is probably better".
Regardless whether its true or not, thats shocking from a supposed Utd fan. You dont slag a player who has not even played for us against a former City player.
That's what other teams fans do and rightly so.

Also if Martinez plays at the level Maguire did last season, Im sure we will keep it in our trousers and give some solid constructive criticism.

Kostov

You wrote a sarcastic "Otamendi is probably better".
Regardless whether its true or not, thats shocking from a supposed Utd fan. You dont slag a player who has not even played for us against a former City player.
That's what other teams fans do and rightly so.

Also if Martinez plays at the level Maguire did last season, Im sure we will keep it in our trousers and give some solid constructive criticism.
You are all up in arms over Martinez who has done feck all for the club, yet no problem in calling Maguire names. That’s exactly what other fans do.

Much more shocking than my sarcasm.

A-man

because they won the Copa with Otamendi.

Argentinean fans seem to think that after the WC Martinez will take his place
I watched Benfica a couple of times in the CL and I thought Otamendi was quite good. One of best on the pitch against Liverpool. He is also a good leader which could explain his spot in the starting xi.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
With all the height jokes going on, I hope somebody makes this for Martinez:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The end of Varane in our starting XI? Would be gutted if we fumbled him because Maguire is nailed starter.
I don't think that's a sure thing. ETH probably said that he would be captain just so he doesn't want to make so many changes right from the get-go. Bigger fishes to fry.

And to cut a long story short -- based on what we have seen with ETH, if you don't perform -- whether its time keeping or performance he will bring the hammer down on you. So if Maguire is in the side, I suspect its because Harry is playing to the standards ETH is expecting.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Apologies if already posted. Must read.

For better or worse, I would love for the club to make such disclosure of scout reporting so we know why we signed X, Y or Z.

Don't mean to have a moan, it would be genuinely interesting and much better than assuming they are crap just like pretty much everything else. It's just not realistic that everyone at the club is incompetent.