Lisandro Martinez | Man Utd player - Contract till 2027, with the option to extend for a further year

TheRedHearted

Waiting for the theories that he's been given that number because he'll play in midfield to pop up :lol:
let him and Fred have the midfield, this guy is gonna help close things down in midfield and he’ll be able to spray over the top balls to Rashford, Martial, Sancho.Really could be something else. The way he pushea Forward might be too much exposure since we don’t have a disciplined CDM to cover him so it may work out that way.
Unless one of our fullbacks slot in but Shaw has been so terrible on man marking crosses (often double marking a central attacker with the wide player 3-5 yards behind him. Same for AWB. Maybe ten Hag could teach them to keep their head on a swivel and remember they play fullback!

I’m loving my life

Should have retired those numbers. What shoes to fill.
The Glazers, Murtough etc will have insisted on clauses in the contract that they have to do dabbing celebrations/generally act like dickheads and plaster it all over social media on a daily basis

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Here in Argentina the left center back generally uses the number 6, the number 2 being reserved to the right center back.

It is a nice gesture from the club.
How is he rated back home? Is the consensus he should be starting for the national team?

Ole'sattheWheel

My only worry with this transfer is you just know if he's any good he'll be off to Madrid/Barca in 3 years

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
I hope he makes the shortlist for the ballon d'or.
You do realise Ottamendi keeps him out of the national team I wouldnt expect too much here but he will give 100%

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
You do realise Ottamendi keeps him out of the national team I wouldnt expect too much here but he will give 100%
I wouldn't read too much into Otamendi being ahead of him in the NT. NT coaches are often quite conservative and players with a big reputation aren't replaced easily. Also for hierarchy purposes. Martinez is better than Otamendi.

JB7

I see we've released a life sized doll of Martinez.

captaincantona

You mean Ottamendi who was nearly 100 international caps and has won the following-
Argentina
Individual

• South American Team of the Year: 2009
  • La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15
  • Copa América Team of the Tournament: 2015, 2016
  • PFA Team of the Year: 2017–18
    I’d say that’s probably reasonable to be second choice at international level in these instances considering conservative international coaches are always one tournament from getting the sack.

m1tch

Probably been asked already :nervous:, but did he go up for corners/freekicks at Ajax or does he stay back?

Zoo

MUTV interviews are the worst. 15 questions that are all variations on 'how good is Manchester United!'
Agreed the self-adulation and nostalgia needs to be taken down a notch. Very pleased with his English though and he comes across well.

m1tch

That's a great question :lol:
I just did a bit of research myself by watching a YouTube highlights video of his. From that it seems he did go up for corners but positions himself around the penalty spot distance out.

Rolaholic

Looked very composed and comfortable today. Wonder if he's got a chance of being in the XI against Brighton