Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

Given our budget, should we sign FDJ (for 70m+), we would be only left with around 40-50m to make another signing. Would Martinez take that remaing slot?
Not buying this budget - I think it’s closer to £200m. So FDJ, Martinez and Antony. With Erikson on a free too.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not buying this budget - I think it’s closer to £200m. So FDJ, Martinez and Antony. With Erikson on a free too.
If thats the case, we don't have to wait until FDJ deal done to proceed with other signings, isn't it?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t think we are. Think we’re just shit and slow at negotiating for any target.
Even we are shite, but if we really have 200m, we would have at least add a few signings already, and don't really have to hang on to trying to pay 10-15m less for our top target.

200m is alot, no one spend nearly that much this summer. Below is our spending over the past 4 seasons when we have CL income in some of them.

21-22
In: 126m
Out: 27m
Net spending: 99m

20-21

In: 75m
Out: 17m
Net spending: 58m

19-20

In: 211m
Out: 73m
Net Spending: 138m

18-19

In: 74m
Net Spending: 47m

croadyman

Given our budget, should we sign FDJ (for 70m+), we would be only left with around 40-50m to make another signing. Would Martinez take that remaing slot?
Still think Antony above him in pecking order IF he is willing to push for the move

OpenIntrovert

Doesn't anybody realize that it makes no sense for Ajax to sell all their main players to us (inclusive of Timber)? Its yet another 1+1 transfer where the media linked us to this guy simply because ETH is the former Ajax manager.

Andy_Cole

Even we are shite, but if we really have 200m, we would have at least add a few signings already, and don't really have to hang on to trying to pay 10-15m less for our top target.

200m is alot, no one spend nearly that much this summer. Below is our spending over the past 4 seasons when we have CL income in some of them.

21-22

20-21

19-20

18-19

I think it will be similar to 19/20. There will be some more out goings on top of the free transfers. Bailey, AWB for example. Probably a net of £150m. Just my prediction anyway. We will see what will actually happen!

croadyman

I think it will be similar to 19/20. There will be some more out goings on top of the free transfers. Bailey, AWB for example. Probably a net of £150m. Just my prediction anyway. We will see what will actually happen!
Tell me who is paying for those two

croadyman

True. If we were Liverpool we’d probably get:
AWB - £25m
Bailly - £15m
Henderson - £25m
Martial - £35m
Garner - £25m
Another random kid - £20m
Scousers probably get £40m for Henderson & Martial, bit more for AWB but then don't pay fecking daft wages which helps

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He is but his but I honestly think he looks better suited to DM. He had a good game in that position against Chelsea. But yeah, he's also a left footed centre back which is something we don't have.
Ten Hag very publicly said that Martinez isn't good enough for the DM spot at Ajax, so i wouldn't get your hopes up, even if this transfer ends up going through

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

21-22

20-21

19-20

18-19

Look at our actual accounts. Those figures aren’t remotely accurate.

Bestietom

I do think the first 2 in the door will be De Jong, and Antony which I have said from the start. Other deals will be from sales we make, so when Ten Hag has a look at all players on tour, there could be quite a few sales.

croadyman

I do think the first 2 in the door will be De Jong, and Antony which I have said from the start. Other deals will be from sales we make, so when Ten Hag has a look at all players on tour, there could be quite a few sales.
Yeah problem is no one is willing to buy our players due to combo of our stupid valuations and ridiculous wages, so sadly cannot see any sales happening for that reason.

Rolaholic

Would be quite something losing out on him to a club in the same position (no CL) despite having his former manager who he broke out through on our side...

The Gunners have yet to make a big sale yet either and are still looking to do tidy business

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Would be quite something losing out on him to a club in the same position (no CL) despite having his former manager who he broke out through on our side...

The Gunners have yet to make a big sale yet either and are still looking to do tidy business
We won't lose out on him if we really want him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Football wise, they're a more attractive proposition right now if I look at it without bias. It's just if us having ETH would sway him.
Of course it isnt. What an odd post.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Of course it isnt. What an odd post.
They play better football, scored more goals, conceded less goals and don't have dark clouds and fan unrest hanging over them. They have a very young team with some players that look like they'll go on to be very good. They're looking like they're making good signings that are logical and filling in positions that needed strengthening.

Take away our name and money and it's a more attractive option right now. Hence, why I said football wise it is a better option.

Keefy18

Not so sure about that at all. We are just as likely to finish above them, as they are above us.
They are leagues ahead of us at this point.

Folks just can't see it yet, blinded by ETH arriving and all the spin put out about revolution and rebuild.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Football wise, they're a more attractive proposition right now if I look at it without bias. It's just if us having ETH would sway him.
I'm mean to be honest I don't really think so, Tottenham is certainly more enticing than either of us right now but Arsenal are still kinda shit.

pocco

loco
I'm mean to be honest I don't really think so, Tottenham is certainly more enticing than either of us right now but Arsenal are still kinda shit.
Between us and Arsenal. Our best player is nearly retiring, whilst they have a young team that really started to click in the second half of last season. Jesus could be a very good bit of business for them. Fabio Vieira is very highly rated and there also pushing for Martinez and Raphina.

pocco

loco
Imagine thinking any team managed by Arteta is more attractive. Scary.
He's done a good job. How good do you honestly think Arsenal should have been over his tenure there so far? They had a shite squad with overpaid players that did nothing. He got rid of them, brought through their best youngsters and saw a big improvement in terms of performances, even with a more inexperienced and younger squad. Last season they had some impressive results against the likes of us and Chelsea.

I'd happily swap our situation with theirs. I don't even know what anybody could say positive about us apart from we've got a new manager. But like I said, perhaps he could sway players our way.

Remember the geese

They were better than us last season if I'm being honest and right now we're weaker than we were due to many players leaving and us having a pretty threadbare squad in midfield and attack.
And the year before that, we were significantly better than them. Last season was one of severe underperformance by us. We will be much improved under a competent coach, where as Arsenal are Arsenal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Folks just can't see it yet, blinded by ETH arriving and all the spin put out about revolution and rebuild.
How’s that happened? I’m looking at both squads and see United’s as better. Even after the mare we had last season they finished 1 place above us. Where is the leagues ahead of us coming from?

Judas

Open to offers

Arsenal are leagues ahead of us? What is this shite? I know this place loves to slag Utd off but overpraising Arsenal is just baffling.

AneRu

It literally took a nightmarish season from us for them to finally finish avove us for the first time in about five years. We also have a young team and there is no telling what we can achieve if we get all of Ten Hag's targets through the door and if he gets a tune out of massively talented players we have that have already finished above them in at least four out of five seasons.

Keefy18

You are off your rocker!
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

How’s that happened? I’m looking at both squads and see United’s as better. Even after the mare we had last season they finished 1 place above us. Where is the leagues ahead of us coming from?
See that's the common misconception.

Too many of our supporters just go off what's on paper. But to entertain that idea, their squad matches up to ours or better it easily at this point.

Better keeper, better back 4, better midfield, better attack.

Arsenal are leagues ahead of us? What is this shite? I know this place loves to slag Utd off but overpraising Arsenal is just baffling.
See the comment above.

Seems the board, coaches and structure is starting to fall into place for them.

Raphina and Lissandro could well be signed to an already talented, young squad of players who likely will only improve.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Too many of our supporters just go off what's on paper. But to entertain that idea, their squad matches up to ours or better it easily at this point.

Our squad’s finish in 20/21 would have been Arsenal’s 7th best Premier League season ever. Ole must be some kind of genius and this Arsenal squad must be one of their best ever. Get away. They’re bang average all over the field, with some very promising youngsters.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
See that's the common misconception.

By calling it better keeper, better back 4, better midfield, and better attack, you are basically judging it based on what’s on paper.

The fair judgement would be where the both teams have been in the last 3 seasons. One had finished top 4 twice, while the other one had finished top 8 twice and top 5 once. Players wouldn’t view arsenal as better club to go based on that.

Keefy18

By calling it better keeper, better back 4, better midfield, and better attack, you are basically judging it based on what’s on paper.

The fair judgement
would be where the both teams have been in the last 3 seasons. One had finished top 4 twice, while the other one had finished top 8 twice and top 5 once. Players wouldn’t view arsenal as better club to go based on that.
That's what I meant by saying I'd entertain that discussion.

Football isn't about what is on paper, but if I was to have that conversation I think they are a better team than us based on last season. That's all we can really base it on, our most recent form / finish.

Also what you say is a fair judgement isn't in fact fair... you are taking an Arsenal that was clearly in a rebuild, they are further along now in that rebuild, whilst we are where Arsenal were 3 years ago.

There's a very real possibility we could finish comfortably outside the top 4 (midtable) again.

Our squad’s finish in 20/21 would have been Arsenal’s 7th best Premier League season ever. Ole must be some kind of genius and this Arsenal squad must be one of their best ever. Get away. They’re bang average all over the field, with some very promising youngsters.
See my statement above, they were in a rebuild. We were at the time improving but fell apart again last year and have hit the reset button yet again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.