Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That works when you’re Ajax and you dominate possession in every match and few sides are good enough to get the ball down the pitch against you and force corners and crosses.

No coincidence that the top possession sides in the PL also have big aerially dominant CBs.
We don’t play against Chelsea, city, and Liverpool every week though. So you expect if ten Hag wants to play the way how he expects him to play then it will be dominate possession against the other 16 teams. Thus, why we are targeting these type of players that are more suitable to play his system.

Bwuk

It’s on. Wonder if we’ll go 3 at the back.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So based on what I've just seen he hasn't played DM in around 2 seasons so if he's coming in then he's coming in as a CB so that means one of Varane or Maguire is getting dropped
Let's be honest, Varane has been a sicknote and I don't think anyone bets on him to play all 38 games. I think in the course of a season Martinez may just end up playing more games than him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let's be honest, Varane has been a sicknote and I don't think anyone bets on him to play all 38 games. I think in the course of a season Martinez may just end up playing more games than him.
It's not just Maguire and Varane though, they'd be one of the headline names dropped but you've also got Lindelof as well who's already in this 3rd choice role he's getting shunted down to 4th choice

Feel like if we're bringing another CB in one of those 3 need to be sold and that's before we come on to Bailly and Jones (though in the above scenario may as well keep Jones as your 4th choice)

DSG

I don’t see him playing at CB for us if we buy him.

Was in the 23rd percentile of aerial challenges won in the Eredivise last season. He’s 5’9”, I think you either need an incredible vertical or have to be 6ft to play CB in the EPL.

maybe as DM? He played there 22 times in 19/20.

Rolaholic

So based on what I've just seen he hasn't played DM in around 2 seasons so if he's coming in then he's coming in as a CB so that means one of Varane or Maguire is getting dropped
ETH played him at DM 22 times 2 seasons ago during their 19/20 title season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Seems to be getting quite a bit of information this summer. He’s got a lot right.
Or he’s pumping out easy guesswork other reputable people have reported on, deleting it when it turns out to be bollocks?

cyberman

Or he’s pumping out easy guesswork other reputable people have reported on, deleting it when it turns out to be bollocks?
He has a tweet from last night saying Raphina has decided to move to Arsenal. That’ll be deleted soon.

RedDevilRoshi

First hijacking’s Lyon’s move for Malacia and now doing the same to Arsenal for Martinez :D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This one I'm kind of whatever about tbh. Better options available IMO and higher priorities out there. Not that I saw much of him and he would've been low on the focus priority... But still. Anyone who watches him often have opinions on how good he is? If he was right footed would he just be a 15m player?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair to whoever this guy is, he live streams (literally doing it right now) giving out information.
He’s such an obvious bullshitter. As soon as Romano’s exclusive on Malacia comes out, I.e. that United have agreed a deal for him but the player needs to give the green light, he immediately tweets that he’s given the green light.

Everyone believes it because they now know there’s reputable journalists reporting Malacia to United so it’s a thing, but he’s gone that one step further and said he’s decided to join, telling fans exactly what they want to hear, and of course they lap it up as they want to believe it. It’s likely that he would choose to join United over Lyon so when it happens he looks like an “ITK”.

If it doesn’t happen he deletes the Tweet so his timeline looks “spot on”, or to be honest most of the fans believing these ITKs are so braindead they don’t even remember half the shite he’s flung at the wall, only that that’s stuck.

Nick7

Not sure about this at all given his height. Usually I don’t think it’s that big of a deal but this guy is tiny for a centre back. I also highly highly doubt the manager that hasn’t played him in midfield for 3 years would spend a lot of money to now play him in midfield.

croadyman

What is his best position because so far have only seen he's too short for a CB and Erik doesn't rate him in a CDM role either

Waynne

We're now just hijacking deals left and right. Gotta love it.

Kramer

He’s such an obvious bullshitter. As soon as Romano’s exclusive on Malacia comes out, I.e. that United have agreed a deal for him but the player needs to give the green light, he immediately tweets that he’s given the green light.

Everyone believes it because they now know there’s reputable journalists reporting Malacia to United so it’s a thing, but he’s gone that one step further and said he’s decided to join, telling fans exactly what they want to hear, and of course they lap it up as they want to believe it. It’s likely that he would choose to join United over Lyon so when it happens he looks like an “ITK”.

If it doesn’t happen he deletes the Tweet so his timeline looks “spot on”, or to be honest most of the fans believing these ITKs are so braindead they don’t even remember half the shite he’s flung at the wall, only that that’s stuck.
I find it quite amusing how year after year, people will fall for such obvious bullshitter ITKs.

Waynne

So then potentially for this window:

-------------------- Ronaldo ------------------------

---- Sancho ---- Bruno ----- Antony --------

------------ De Jong ---- Eriksen ---------------

- Malacia ---- Martinez ---- Varane ---- ? -

Aeryis

We don’t play against Chelsea, city, and Liverpool every week though. So you expect if ten Hag wants to play the way how he expects him to play then it will be dominate possession against the other 16 teams. Thus, why we are targeting these type of players that are more suitable to play his system.
There are tall ball playing centrebacks too. I understand backing up our new manager but this is just ridiculous, Lisandro is too small for the position. I do not see this working out at all in the premier league. It's honestly frustrating that our transfer strategy is pretty much just signing his ex players, we're ignoring a plethora of wonderful and most likely better options because of his short sightedness.

Seriously, a centre back that's 1.75 tall? Come on we're going to get bullied.

croadyman

There are tall ball playing centrebacks too. I understand backing up our new manager but this is just ridiculous, Lisandro is too small for the position. I do not see this working out at all in the premier league. It's honestly frustrating that our transfer strategy is pretty much just signing his ex players, we're ignoring a plethora of wonderful and most likely better options because of his short sightedness.

Seriously, a centre back that's 1.75 tall? Come on we're going to get bullied.
Yeah thought Timber was small for a CB but this guy is different level of tiny which is my big concern about signing him

Status
Not open for further replies.