Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Arsenal Mania have reopened their transfer thread for him on the back of this tweet.... bless them.
Well I’ve been told clubs wouldn’t negotiate with selling clubs if they didn’t know the player wanted to come to them or not?
I’ve literally been told this all summer so they should be encouraged

Hoof the ball

FdJ decides to take a 95% pay cut to stay at Barcelona.
Lisandro Martinez chooses Arsenal.
Malacia sees the leak at Old Trafford and hijacks his own transfer back to Lyon.
Ronaldo leaves for Monza, citing a greater probability for domestic and European trophy success.
Jones' contract is renewed until 2026.

Worst case scenario. Accept the worst and anything better than the above is a good summer. :wenger:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
FdJ decides to take a 95% pay cut to stay at Barcelona.
Lisandro Martinez chooses Arsenal.
Malacia sees the leak at Old Trafford and hijacks his own transfer back to Lyon.
Ronaldo leaves for Monza, citing a greater probability for domestic and European trophy success.
Jones' contract is renewed until 2026.

Worst case scenario. Accept the worst and anything better than the above is a good summer. :wenger:
:lol: :lol: Jones given a contract for life.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Our bid hasn’t been accepted right?

Looks like we won’t be placing another bid but instead waiting Ajax to accept their bid to make sure they don’t ask more and then we will place our final one.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Our bid hasn’t been accepted right?

Looks like we won’t be placing another bid but instead waiting Ajax to accept their bid to make sure they don’t ask more and then we will place our final one.
I highly doubt Arsenal will make their offer detail public, and neither will Ajax.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
VDS could just tell Murtough. :lol: :lol: :devil::devil:
VDS is the CEO of Ajax so I don't see why he would do that. Anyway with the news came out lately Man Utd may be too busy with other transfer business for the time being. Martinez is not a priority for Arsenal, Jesus is. So this will take time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
VDS is the CEO of Ajax so I don't see why he would do that. Anyway with the news came out lately Man Utd may be too busy with other transfer business for the time being.
Why is being CEO of Ajax wouldn't allow him to do that?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
VDS is the CEO of Ajax so I don't see why he would do that. Anyway with the news came out lately Man Utd may be too busy with other transfer business for the time being. Martinez is not a priority for Arsenal, Jesus is. So this will take time.
Jesus ? He's already been pictured doing media duties in the stadium. It's done, Martinez is the active target withTielemans on the back burner.
This would be the ideal time to snatch him from United while they're discussing what to do about Ronaldo.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Jesus ? He's already been pictured doing media duties in the stadium. It's done, Martinez is the active target withTielemans on the back burner.
This would be the ideal time to snatch him from United while they're discussing what to do about Ronaldo.
I should say Jesus was the priority. Martinez will wait and listen to MU's offer so it will take time.

Hawks2008

Can we go one summer window without signing a CB? Look at the state of our midfield and forward line ffs.

Chicharo

Can we go one summer window without signing a CB? Look at the state of our midfield and forward line ffs.
That would make a perfect sense if those were quality signings. We either don't buy anyone or if we do those are usually bad signings. That's why our team is in such a mess.
Ever since SAF left only Bruno and Shaw (when he is fit) actually improved us. I can't honestly think of anybody else. I don't count the likes of Zlatan or Cavani or maybe even Herrera as their impact was short-termed

gajender

Look at the state of our CBs
With De Gea in Goal and non existent midfield not many CB's would look good unless that changes it won't make much of a difference, Ideally we should replace them first and make do with Current Options at CB and revisit the situation next season.

Lynty

Will say it everytime. Our best CB in the post Fergie era.
I agree. I think people got caught up on his height and speed. When in reality, after 10 years and god knows how much spent on CBs, he’s still probably the best we had.

Kostov

Is this guy worth 50m euros? I mean come on. Screams of another Fred like transfer fiasco, he looks like a 30m player at best, let arsenal overpay for this one.

OpenIntrovert

Is this guy worth 50m euros? I mean come on. Screams of another Fred like transfer fiasco, he looks like a 30m player at best, let arsenal overpay for this one.
Price is set by the seller. If they dont want to sell, they will make it difficult by putting a high transfer fee. The high transfer fee is not just based on the value of the player, but potential funds for replacement players. By now, we should already know that transfer fees are the same as business deals, it has never been about actual value, but about how much the seller can recoup.

Ekeke

With De Gea in Goal and non existent midfield not many CB's would look good unless that changes it won't make much of a difference, Ideally we should replace them first and make do with Current Options at CB and revisit the situation next season.
Loads of CBs look far more competant than our CBs did last season in much worse teams with much worse players

Teja

Yeah I'm with you, Fred is a good comparison. I'm not sold on overpaying for either Martinez or Antony.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve not really watched this guy much or payed attention to him, whenever I have seen Ajax play it’s mainly been timber I’ve been watching because I thought he’d be the one we’d get since he was our main target. I trust ten Hag to make the right decisions though and whoever he wants we should get as they’ll fit into his system, at least we know under ten Hag we’ll have a system and we’re going to be actually buying players that fit into it rather then just buying players for the sake of it without having an actual system or style of play to go of. I like how ten Hag is going after players he knows aswell, I think this shows that he wants to settle in his first season as quickly as possible and with players that know him and know what he expects then the process can be quicker.

Mcking

Not too worried about this one, comfortable with it going either way. Very difficult to get behind the signature of a 175cm center back. Hope he turns out to be good if he joins.

youmeletsfly

Not too worried about this one, comfortable with it going either way. Very difficult to get behind the signature of a 175cm center back. Hope he turns out to be good if he joins.
I don't think there's a chance in hell he's being signed to play CB(unless we go to a back 3), especially since we're kind of well stocked there.(even though one CB has a massive stupid head, the other three are always injured and the last one is skinnier than my late night dick).

Red00012

So are we only signing him because Timber won’t come ? Why can’t m we can’t wait until January to sign Timber when the WC is over

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why do people who watched last season keep saying this??
Varane is made of glass
Lindelof is carrying his back injury, he got dropped from the recent Swedish squad as it’s ongoing
Maguire carried a few injuries
PLUS they were ALL dogshit. Absolute frauds last season

we NEED a cb as much as anything else

Bestietom

This isn't the only thread where people are complaining about lack of height or physicality. Even in the Timber, Malacia and Antony thread you see lots of people complaining about their lack of height, while in the De Jong thread lots of people are claiming that he is not strong enough to play in PL. Even back then in the Bruno threads people were claiming that he is not buffed enough for PL. And when they talk about our young players they always talk about how the player needs to bulk up more or grow taller. It's weird.
Yes this really annoys me also. A good technical player can make up for his height with his skill. How many small players have won the Ballon Dor.
Small and slight players were best in the world. Messi, Best, Hand of God, Law, etc.

gajender

Why do people who watched last season keep saying this??
Varane is made of glass
Lindelof is carrying his back injury, he got dropped from the recent Swedish squad as it’s ongoing
Maguire carried a few injuries
PLUS they were ALL dogshit. Absolute frauds last season

we NEED a cb as much as anything else
You are right I failed to factor in their injury records but I still stand by assertion that De Gea and our midfield does no favours to our defenders .

Status
Not open for further replies.