Liverpool’s CL final opponent’s: Real or Bayern

Peanut Butter

I thought we could do with one thread on this as I’d like to pick your brains.

I don’t watch any Bundesliga because it’s preditable and La Liga isn’t my cup of tea these days.

So, can a Caf expert on European footy give their opinions and insight on the current Bayern and Real sides?

Their playing styles, squad depth, potential injuries or suspensions for final and who you think will make a more difficult opponent for Liverpool?

Many thanks.

Skills

Snitch
Madrid would be tougher. They're more likely to rise to the occasion, Bayern have a much bigger bottling potential - see Chelsea 2012.

space

Doesn't matter as no way would the footballing Gods allow Klopp to lose 6 finals in a row. Could be Barca 2009 and I'd still expect Liverpool to win. Football feelings and all..

Zoo

Put your faith in Real Madrid. The world saw what happened to Bayern in 1999 and 2012.

PoTMS

Bayern aren't that good and Liverpool would beat them. I know it was just a friendly but Liverpool went to the Allianz early in the season and smacked them a few.

Real is the lesser of three evils.

Infra-red

Who do you think will be a more difficult European Super Cup opponent for Liverpool - Arsenal or Atletico?

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Heynckes getting his back to back treble (both against Klopp).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bayern would beat Liverpool imo (or at least give them a very tough game) but Real I think would give them enough chances to win quite comfortably.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
I have an huge dislike for Real ( ways snatching our players)

redIndianDevil

I hope it's Madrid, Bayern are extremely inflexible IMO, they'd insist on attacking Liverpool and get destroyed on the counter. Real Madrid for me.

TheLiverBird

Madrid would be tougher. They're more likely to rise to the occasion, Bayern have a much bigger bottling potential - see Chelsea 2012.
2012?? :lol:

They are bottlers because of what happened 6 years ago with vaguely different players and manger??

Ok

Skills

Snitch
2012?? :lol:

They are bottlers because of what happened 6 years ago with vaguely different players and manger??

Ok
It's the same manager and the core group is still the same. Neuer, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Alaba and Boateng are still there.

Judas

Open to offers
Madrid. Bayern just don't have the mentality needed and I think they'll play right into Liverpool hands and it'll be fairly comfortable.

But to be honest, I think Liverpool will beat either of them, it just seems like they're in the right form, and as long as their front three are fit, they'll win whoever is put in front of them.

I. Am. Worried.

Peanut Butter

This ‘mentality’ thing a lot of you keep coming out with. Do Liverpool have it? Won’t their arses go in the final? Look at their previous two finals under Klopp.

TheLiverBird

It's the same manager and the core group is still the same. Neuer, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Alaba and Boateng are still there.
Wow I got my dates wrong mentally :lol: what an idiot

My bad

Still though 6 years difference is a long time apart for change to happen

Defensively R Madrid a weaker and I feel that will let them down

DonDarmian

Bayern.

Personaly think Liverpool have a greater chance of winning against Real than Bayern. One of Madrids biggest challanges and weaknesses is the transition from offence to defence when losing the ball. Liverpools largest threat and main way of creating chances, espescially against the big sides, is their pressing and fast transitions. If you where to look back at Reals games against Roma in the knockout stages in 2016 you can notice the threat Salah is and how much more damage the current Salah could cause. However, I am not so sure if Heynckes's tactics has changed much from their approach since he last coached Bayern, but they where much more versaile and could play direct. Over the course of the season we have seen how much more Liverpool are struggeling against compact and direct teams. Therefore my best guesses are that if Liverpool where to meet Real, Liverpool would win bar a Ronaldo masterclass and they would lose against Bayern.

Our biggest hope is the fact that Klopp is a serial bottler in finals and hopefully this continues to be a fact. Can't stand the thought of Liverpool winning their 6th European Cup.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Madrid. Bayern just don't have the mentality needed and I think they'll play right into Liverpool hands and it'll be fairly comfortable.

But to be honest, I think Liverpool will beat either of them, it just seems like they're in the right form, and as long as their front three are fit, they'll win whoever is put in front of them.

I. Am. Worried.
You post an awful lot like a Liverpool fan posing as a United fan. That statement at the end is something I've seen on RAWK many times, as if you are ending a long speech about how Liverpool are going back to glory.

If mentality is what you are worried about, then Madrid and Bayern are filled with serial winners. Liverpool are the rookies in this situation and I wouldn't be surprised at another final bottlejob by Klopp.

Cait Sith

Real Madrid would not lose a final, even less so to the likes of Henderson, Chamberlain and Milner. Bayern would.

Real Madrid also do not play a high defensive line like City or Roma yesterday (with a 3 man defense to boot). Bayern do play possession.

I expect Bayern to beat Real in a close match and then get done by Liverpool in the final (Klopp's revenge for 2013).

Roosney

Doesn't matter as no way would the footballing Gods allow Klopp to lose 6 finals in a row. Could be Barca 2009 and I'd still expect Liverpool to win. Football feelings and all..
Football gods would allow just that, especially with him being at Liverpool.

tenpoless

Hopefully They will lose the final in a controversy or get beaten with more than 3 goals. I don't want them to ever get to say "6 times" but truthfully, what I really want from that scenario is the tears of RAWK that will last for weeks or even months. That will be a great entertainment.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
People casually forgetting how Girona put three goals past real in the league, and so did Juventus in the CL. Real Madrid's defence still has frailities and they rely way too much on Ronaldo to bail them out. I believe Bayern beat them pretty convincingly and Bayern are tougher test for Liverpool.

GBBQ

Madrid with Ronaldo to score the jammiest of last minute winners in a game where they have been solidly outplayed by the valiant Pool. Oh how I hope that happens.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Cristiano Ronaldo, you're my only hope.
We are obviously the plucky rebels the audience is meant to root for, real Madrid is obviously the evil empire and salah is the gifted but still wet behind the ears luke skywalker going up against darth Ronaldo.

Which makes you one of the sheeple in the senate who gave thunderous applause to palpatine 'saving the galaxy'.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern is a lot stronger this year. All non-injured players are fresh and more importantly, in form this year. The team is 110% behind the coach and will run their hearts out for him. All this as in "opposed to last year".
Real had a lacklustre league-season, but of course is well capable of stepping up in an important single match.
Bayerns team has a lot of experience between them. Vidal not being fit to play may even enable us to finish a match or two with 11 men on board. He would have been handy to annoy Reals midfield, especially Kroos, though. An issue might be that the attack isn't as sharp any more as it was 2013.
I'd say the tie is 50-50.

ZAGREB RED

The thought of watching this just wanting Liverpool to lose, regardless of who they play, rather than just sitting back and watching Roma against Real/Bayern is not a good one.

Kapardin

Bayern is a lot stronger this year. All non-injured players are fresh and more importantly, in form this year. The team is 110% behind the coach and will run their hearts out for him. All this as in "opposed to last year".
Real had a lacklustre league-season, but of course is well capable of stepping up in an important single match.
Bayerns team has a lot of experience between them. Vidal not being fit to play may even enable us to finish a match or two with 11 men on board. He would have been handy to annoy Reals midfield, especially Kroos, though. An issue might be that the attack isn't as sharp any more as it was 2013.
I'd say the tie is 50-50.
Thing with Bayern is, been a while for them since they won the CL according to their standards. They will be hungry, they like Jupp and would want to give him a good send-off. So all that would really motivate them.

I am comfortable with either Real or Bayern making it to the final, I just hope they are focused as usual and do their job properly.

Sterling Archer

Made me think of Juve - they've lost seven finals...the most of any team. So it's not like there is always fairness to these things.

Murray3007

Madrid Liverpool would be a cracking open match and would just be who takes there chances on the night, Bayern would be a much tougher opponent for me, would prob be more patient and not as good a game to watch but would be favourites against Liverpool, plus Heynkes has klopps number, and if Roma can beat Barca 3-0 am certain they could do the same to Liverpool,

Water Melon

Will be tough for scousers no matter who they get in the final. If I was a Liverpool fan, I'd prefer Madrid, as Bayern are really a disciplined team and are better at defending. Madrid would leak more goals against scousers I guess.