Liverpool’s CL final opponent’s: Real or Bayern

Kaos

Don't get why we should hate Madrid on the same level as Pool. They're not competing with us in the league and they're too far ahead of us in CL to think about it. They're not direct competitors so based on what should we hate them ? Surely can't be only because DDG and Nani red card ?

I actually quite have some tendency for them more than Barca. They had and have several players that I really loved. R9, CR7, Beckham, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Kroos, Modric, Ruud. The only Barca players I loved are Messi, Henry (who wasn't even at his best with them as he was at Arsenal) and Ronaldinho.
11 European cups to our 3 and they’re not too far ahead of us? :confused:

Kaos

Aren’t Bayern riddled with injuries? Because if their squad players were anything to go by in that game then Liverpool might as well already be chanting “6 times la” if it’s them they face in the final.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Bayern are nothing special, Real will easily make the final.I wouldn't be so sure that Real will beat Liverpool in a final though, the tempo Liverpool play at will be something new to them and ifLiverpool could score first it would be game on.Think Real would beat Roma easy enough if Roma manage to pull it out of the fire.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Liverpool's problem v Real Madrid will be their easy route to the final.

Roma and Porto are not among Europe's elite and, quite frankly, Manchester City have no European pedigree to talk of. They bottled it at Anfield when they knew exactly what was coming as they had lost there also in January.

In Kiev there won't be any Kop, won't be any easy opponent. . . just many opposing world class Real players all of whom are capable of changing the game on their own.

Liverpool have Salah and, to a lesser extent, Fermino.
It won't be enough.

el3mel

11 European cups to our 3 and they’re not too far ahead of us? :confused:
Ha ?

Don't get why we should hate Madrid on the same level as Pool. They're not competing with us in the league and they're too far ahead of us in CL to think about it. They're not direct competitors so based on what should we hate them ? Surely can't be only because DDG and Nani red card ?

I actually quite have some tendency for them more than Barca. They had and have several players that I really loved. R9, CR7, Beckham, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Kroos, Modric, Ruud. The only Barca players I loved are Messi, Henry (who wasn't even at his best with them as he was at Arsenal) and Ronaldinho.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Madrid have the winning mentality and experience and could well be on their way to a 3rd title in a row. Bayern today outplayed them, but still lost. So really hard to say. Both would be favourites against liverpool, though the way Liverpool play, it's hard to say who would be better suited to play them and anything can happen sadly. They are ridiculously motivated and that goes a long way. Just hopefully not enough and Madrid or bayern will win in the end.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Roma and Porto are not among Europe's elite and, quite frankly, Manchester City have no European pedigree to talk of. They bottled it at Anfield when they knew exactly what was coming as they had lost there also in January.

In Kiev there won't be any Kop, won't be any easy opponent. . . just many opposing world class Real players all of whom are capable of changing the game on their own.

It won't be enough.
Also, pretty much the same starting 11 that won it on 2 previous occasions. And of course Ronaldo. He's scoring. You can bet your bottom dollar on that!

CA1

Bayern are serial bottlers. I can't get 1999 and 2012 etched out of my brain with them at all. You can't rely on them at all.

Emacii

Judging Real this season is really difficult, they struggle in the league and had some miserable matches in the cl as well. Still they are able to get results when its matter, well at least at the champions league. Still i´m very surprised that, after the second game against juve, they failed to show up again. They had passive control over the game until the bayern goal but failed to create anything offensively against a bayern squad which struggled at the back against far weaker opponents in the past weeks. All of their three chances were based on indivudal misstakes (rafinha twice, before the 2:1 and the carvajal attempt) and a lucky bounce before the marcelo goal (Expected goals was something like 2,5-0,7). Even Sevilla looked far more promising against Bayern. I dont know if its just pure luck or quality to put up results like that. Still i see them going into a potential finale against liverpool as favorites despite the huge disparity between the last showings of both teams

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
At this stage, I'm gunning for Real. Ronaldo hatrick sealing it in the 92nd minute with him tearing off his jersey to reveal a Utd shirt underneath.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
L'pool v Real, tbf. Real will dismantle the Scouse.
Scouse supporter offered me a bet of a tenner tonight v Real, then mysteriously withdrew.
Hope its not a bad omen.

Last edited:

shaky

Would prefer Madrid in the final, but I really don't fancy seeing Salah in all the space that Marcelo's going to leave open when he goes wandering. I'm still not giving up on the hope that Roma can do a number on them next week though.

Cal?

CR7 fan
At this stage, I'm gunning for Real. Ronaldo hatrick sealing it in the 92nd minute with him tearing off his jersey to reveal a Utd shirt underneath.
Followed by doing "5 times la" at the Scousers.

Giggs86

Liverpool had the kind of route you'd expect in the EL - Porto, City, Roma.
Madrid had a proper CL route - PSG, Juventus, Bayern.

When they meet in the final that gulf of quality will show. Despite what all of you pessimists think I can see an easy stroll for Madrid without breaking a sweat.

MUFC OK

Why has no team showed Liverpool the respect they deserve and sat deep against them? United seem to be the only big club willing to do this and we nullified them in both games this season.

Roma were incredibly naïve the other night, playing a high line against fast counter attacking players and with them needing to attack in the return leg, there's no way they wont concede 2 next week. It will be over by half time, the only question is will Real or Bayern show them the respect you have to in order to beat them in the final?

SER19

Have liveroool had the easiest run ever to a champions league final?

Sevilla
Spartak Moscow
Maribor

Porto- abysmal
City- a tough tie, no doubt and a great performance. Though as all prem battles go i suspect pool would have fared worse versus united or city, as klopp seems to have guardiola.
Roma- let’s face it, a Europa league team that got a freak result against Barcelona after being pummelled. Not man6 teams lose 4-1 and 5-2 in quarters and semis.

Take out city and to be honest it looks like a tricky Europa league run
Sevilla, spartak Moscow, Maribor, Porto, Roma

saivet

Sevilla
Spartak Moscow
Maribor

Porto- abysmal
City- a tough tie, no doubt and a great performance. Though as all prem battles go i suspect pool would have fared worse versus united or city, as klopp seems to have guardiola.
Roma- let’s face it, a Europa league team that got a freak result against Barcelona after being pummelled. Not man6 teams lose 4-1 and 5-2 in quarters and semis.

Ours in 2011 was fairly easy

Group:
Valencia
Rangers
Bursapor

R16: Marseille
QF: Chelsea
SF: Schalke

SER19

Ours in 2011 was fairly easy

Group:
Valencia
Rangers
Bursapor

R16: Marseille
QF: Chelsea
SF: Schalke
Yes not the toughest though I’d argue group, last 16, quarter (similar) are harder. Not to mention one of the strongest club sides ever in final not a limited Bayern or past their best Madrid.

saivet

Yes not the toughest though I’d argue group, last 16, quarter (similar) are harder. Not to mention one of the strongest club sides ever in final not a limited Bayern or past their best Madrid.
Not much between the for me apart from the potential final opponent where we obviously had it harder than Liverpool will.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.

It won't be enough.
If we get there you are right we won't have any Kop but we'll have three quarters of the ground like we always do in European Finals .

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
It's been a fairly easy ride apart from Man City, but at no point did I think "we're going to get past this lot very easy". Plus you can only beat what's in front of you. Either way, if we do make the final, it's facing a hungry Bayern Munich, or a potential three-peat Real Madrid. Yes, not quite Barca 2008-2012 but still a very, very tough task.

2005 we had it very hard to be fair. The groups were most 'past it' names rather than current top teams, but we were also not a very good side.
Then a not very good Leverkusen (another 'past-it' name) that we swatted away quite easily in the Round of 16, blood Juventus in the quarters, an all-conquering Chelsea in the semis and then of course THAT Milan team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If we get there you are right we won't have any Kop but we'll have three quarters of the ground like we always do in European Finals .
You won't because half the tickets will go to UEFA partners, VIPs, etc :mad:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Last edited:

ericking

Sevilla
Spartak Moscow
Maribor

Porto- abysmal

But Roma put out Barcelona, and Sevilla beat Utd.

Most teams have an easy-ish route to the semi-finals, with usually one big team to face.

CognitiveNeuro

Can see a very high scoring game if it's Liverpool vs Real Madrid. Imagine Lovren vs Ronaldo

Irrational.

I would back both Bayern and Real to beat Liverpool on their day. Sadly, Liverpool do appear to have the bit between their teeth in the big cup games.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Ive just read that article Buchan and these ' undercover bizzies ' need to back up these statistcs and truths mate.

ROFLUTION

Lets all hope they'll make another 2007 - 6 times bus with Klopps cigarette teeth only for Ronaldo to snatch 2 goals making it 2-1 in the dying seconds