Liverpool - 19/20 Season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Klopper76, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Aug 12, 2019

ayushreddevil9 Full Member

Matip, Rio, Gomez and Fabinho(if needed) are good enough options.
  2. Aug 12, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Adrian is a decent back up, he is the same guy that was at West Ham?
  3. Aug 12, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    yes
  4. Aug 12, 2019

montpelier Full Member

:lol: :lol:.

They were my favourites.

Lovren ==> 3 decent games ==> Moore/Baresi ==> stepovers ==> horrible mistake ==> Matip comes in.
  5. Aug 12, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think we'll probably sign a CB in January.

We're fecked if Van Dijk gets a long term injury.
  6. Aug 12, 2019

montpelier Full Member

the van Berg guy too young?
  7. Aug 12, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah he's 16.
  8. Aug 12, 2019

montpelier Full Member

ah right, thank you

that is a bit soon (CB too)
  9. Aug 12, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Alisson out for a few weeks. There were rumors he'd be out for longer (up to six months) but Klopp's confirmed that's not the case. Might be back in four which would be ideal.

Still I think Adrian is fine as a back up.
  10. Aug 12, 2019

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I cannot begin to describe how devastated I feel right now.

This is horrible. Just horrible.
  11. Aug 12, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

Karius returns? This made me chuckle...

12. Aug 13, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Naby Keita went off injured during training today with what seemed like a re occurrence of a muscle injury.

He's becoming another Aquilani.
  13. Aug 13, 2019

AshRK Full Member

He is your Eric Bailly.
  14. Aug 13, 2019

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Some players are made of paper.
  15. Aug 16, 2019 at 12:29

montpelier Full Member

Adrian has twisted an ankle charging off his line in a collision with one of your fans.
  16. Aug 16, 2019 at 14:23

Ban Full Member

Wish him a speedy recovery, I reckon about 2 months is just enough to be fully fit again.
  17. Aug 16, 2019 at 16:58

DavidDeSchmikes Full Member

18. Aug 16, 2019 at 17:01

buck3y3nut Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We are looking to give a 35 year old his PL debut against Southampton this weekend. That's insane.
  19. Aug 16, 2019 at 18:24

Finn MacCool Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Even if it happens, and latest I heard was Adrian should be ok, you have to put it into context. We have 3 keepers injured to some extent. That rarely happens so it’s hardly surprising that the next choice is not an experienced prem keeper.
  20. Aug 16, 2019 at 18:37

Speedy30 Liverpool Fan

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Liverpool have pulled the plug on the Lovren to Roma deal. Roma kept trying to change the terms according to a few journos and Liverpool became frustrated and have pulled out.
    At least we still have cover at CB without having to resort to a young hopeful
  21. Aug 17, 2019 at 00:17

Giggsyking Full Member

[​IMG]

we will face them this year without our hero, our Big man.
  22. Aug 17, 2019 at 00:19

Garethw scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Bloody cheapskate Italian clubs.
  23. Aug 17, 2019 at 04:28

Red Keane New Member

While Adrian is ok (and without a doubt better than Mingolet, Karius & Bogdan), I don't think he is good enough to provide the competition that Allison needs to be facing. Likewise considering your current goalkeeping siutation (which has resulted in the signing of Lonergan), there is another need for another keeper to be signed anyway, since Lonergan is not really to the sort of standard to even be a backup for a club like Liverpool, Kelleher needs to be loaned out to give him the game time he needs and lets face it Karius is unlikely to ever play for Liverpool again.

Klopp needs to realise that Gomez is far better as a CB than as a RB (as his recent games in the latter position have shown), in fact I would even say that even Fabinho is a better option in that position. So there is a clear need to sign another RB (Someone like Semedo or R.Periera perhaps) since Fabinho is very much needed in midfield and Cylne is going to be out until the new year at least.

As I like to keep saying, Lovren is clearly not good enough to play for Liverpool whatsoever, thus there is a clear need to sign another CB just for that alone. Likewise Matip is only good enough to be a backup and both Hoever & VDB need to be loaned out for the sake of their development. Simply because there is no real prospect of them starting ahead of VVD, Matip & Gomez (since they are clearly not the same level as even Matip) and thus they have no good reason to waste time on the bench...

Last season showned that while he still a decent (and hard working) CM, it was clear to see that James Millner no longer had the ability to put in a decent shift at Full Back (as Zaha painfully exposed). Hence why Liverpool really should have gone all out for Tierney to address the lack of decent FB options (other than TAA and Robinson) that they currently have (Which currently consists of Fabinho somewhat and no one else), especially when he ended up going for £25 Million and its planly obvious that Liverpool (alongside ourselves & City of course) is a better prospect for a talented player such as himself than the Arsenal these days.

Regardless considering how important the full backs are under Klopps system; its clear to see that like City under Pep, for the side to progress there needs to be big investment in the Full Back Positions (alonside the CB one as well).

One of the biggest factors in why you guys lost the League was the lack of creativity in Midfield, which would have been addressed if Coutinho was actually replaced during the 1 & a half years since he left and in turn having Klopp adopting a 4-2-3-1 formation going forward. So while Fabinho, Henderson, Millner, Wijnaldum, Keita & Ox (Lallana not so much...) are more than enough quality/depth behind a AM, it is clear that 2 CAM's (Such as Havertz & Ziyech) need to enable such a formation being possible in the first place.

Another big factor in how you guys lost the league (as you said yourself) was the lack of addtional attacking options beyond the usual 3 suspects, hence why Liverpool made another big mistake in not signing Pepe (which again would have been a better prospect for him than the Arsenal) & Werner (Who lets not forget only has a year left on his current deal). Because getting those players would have sure there would be enough quality/competition/depth for those front 3 forward positions.

Likewise it would have also allowed Brewster to go out on loan to get the senior-level gametime he has been so far been unable to get for various reasons.

Glad to see that you agree on this, because it is something that overshadowed by the CL win and the points total Liverpool got last season (which although very impressive, is still not enough these days to secure a PL title)

Your club is owned by a billionaire (who least tries to care more about your club than the Glazers do abour ours), have reached 2 CL Finals (and won 1 of them) in 2 seasons and got the most TV Revenue out of all the PL Clubs (Domestically) last season. Coupled with the fact Liverpool made a decent amount money from player sales and have recently sold Melwood as well, the club clearly can afford to make the squad investments that are needed.

Agreed apart from the real need for more creative midfielders.

I would say the siutation with the defence is the same with the attack, in other words a fair amount of excellent options, but could do with more...

Tottenham most certainly did, in the sense that they have signed players that will either make the Starting XI (and free up other players to become squad depth) or they are actual squad depth. Likewise one could argue that both United & Arsenal also followed this path to a small extent (even if it was nowhere near enough of course).

We signed a couple for the future although I do think Van Den Berg could get some game time as our CBs are quite injury prone.

That doesn't mean either of our clubs should do nothing to address the siutation though, especially when there are other clubs in Europe that are on the same position as City is on this matter.
  24. Aug 17, 2019 at 05:01

Red Keane New Member

No he can't, especially when he has a problem scoring goals away from home. Which is one of the reasons why Wijnaldum has done better in deeper roles under Klopp than he did so as a No.10 at Newcastle.

To be fair, Gomez missed quite a bit of the previous season, Chamberlin hardly played at all last season (with Lallana in the same position beforehand), Keita missed the last few games of last season and even TAA missed the odd game here and there.

So while it wasn't as bad it as was with us around the time we face both Liverpool & PSG, it was certainly enough for them to make addtional signings this time round.

The club should have gone out of their way to resign Coutinho (at the very least as a loan-to-buy) considering how they still failed to replace him in the 1 1/2 years since he left, a decision which ultimately cost them the CL in 2018 and the PL in 2019. Especially when even Coutinho by now has realised how much of a mistake (in hindslight, although I can understand why he made the decision to leave at the time) the move has ended up becoming.

To be fair, I don't think Liverpool should be worried about any prospect of Coutinho ending up at Arsenal due to the defensive/lack of ambition issues they still have. Him (actually) ending up at Bayern Munich on the other hand is a much bigger problem for them.

A foolish decision to make when many of their rivals don't really give to much of a toss about it at best...

Werner on a pre-contract & Pepe next season (once he realises he is going nowhere at a club that employ both Mustafi & Luiz at CB) maybe?
  25. Aug 17, 2019 at 06:22

McGrathsipan Full Member

If Southampton believe and really go for it they might get something.

Liverpool had a leg sapping midweek.
  26. Aug 17, 2019 at 06:41

Steve Bruce Full Member

I hope your right, but I expect a comfortable win for Liverpool
  27. Aug 17, 2019 at 07:29

montpelier Full Member

the Saints players will be wanting to prove that a couple of them should have been signed
  28. Aug 17, 2019 at 13:04

HisDudeness New Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    what happened to naby keïta
  29. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:46

esmufc07 Won the Grand National Sweepstake once Scout

I've not seen their game today but by all accounts their defence has been poor again. Why the sudden decline from last season?
  30. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:48

GhastlyHun Full Member

Supports:
    Bayern München
    Injury
  31. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:51

ivaldo Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

They were never going to keep it up, but from what I've seen, Klopp has persisted with this stupid high line and they've been exposed regularly by the long ball.
  32. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:53

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Ridiculous that Adrian made that nervy but good win considering our midweek travel.
  33. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:53

Wayne's World Full Member

I literally don't know how they keeping getting away with it....feck me
  34. Aug 17, 2019 at 16:58

Dumbstar Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Its crazy. The more world class manager and players we sign, the more and more luckier we get. Totally baffling. You can see why Woodward can't work out it. It's baffling all of us quite frankly.
  35. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:05

VeevaVee despite the protests, wears Ugg boots Scout

Liverpool fan on my fb is adamant Alisson is an incredible keeper, and the reason he doesn't have any decent saves to show us is because his positioning is so incredibly good that he doesn't need to :lol:

Someone here said that once too.
  36. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:06

Liver_bird Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hopefully Alisson is back by Chelsea away, and hopefully we don’t drop too many points before then, no margin for error really. Mind you Adrian is much better than Mignolet despite the howler.
  37. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:16

Robbie Boy Full Member

So unimpressive since pre season.
  38. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:18

DRM New Member

Supports:
    SteveJ
    Still keep on winning though
  39. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:19

Robbie Boy Full Member

Indeed. Except for Norwich and Southampton are hardly fantastic opposition.
  40. Aug 17, 2019 at 17:26

Random Task Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

That's brilliant :lol: