Liverpool - 19/20 Season

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Klopper76, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jul 16, 2019

Megadrive Man New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We have TAA, Robertson, Clyne, Gomez, Fabinho, and Milner that can all play at full back. Its not much different to City playing Delph or Zinchenko at full back.
  2. Jul 16, 2019

Megadrive Man New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Its understandable Liverpool not making any big signings this summer.

Liverpool have spent over 300 million in the last four windows, admittedly we have also recouped around 200 million, however the wage bill has also gone up significantly. Liverpool finally found the right balance between attack and defense last season, and most of our squad are either at, or coming to the peak of their career.

I think another factor for Liverpool's lack of spending is the precarious situations of United, Chelsea, Arsenal and to some extent Spurs.
    Liverpool's owners probably feel that even if Liverpool have a poor season they will still finish in the top four, and most likely top two.
  3. Jul 16, 2019

robinamicrowave Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger

Supports:
    Man City
    I think we can get away with it more because our full-backs aren’t playmakers in the way TAA and Robertson are. Will be interesting to see if Klopp has a system ready to go for when they’re not there.
  4. Jul 17, 2019

Oga on top. Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    serious question, would any of you not take Coutinho back if a decent loan deal is agreed? He really annoyed me with his antics but he could be that final piece especially in this team. Maybe I’m too forgiving :nervous:.
  5. Jul 17, 2019

Megadrive Man New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Personally I wouldn't take Coutinho back. We are playing better without him and he wouldn't start much unless Mane got injured. I can see him going to PSG as part of a deal for Neymar.
  6. Jul 17, 2019

QoS New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Klopp has pretty much gone on record saying he doesnt think there is anyone available that's a better option than Milner and Gomez who would be happy being a back up to TAA and Robbo.

Still think we need a creative midfielder and a versatile forward who can cover all the front 3 positions though.

Think it will be another 2nd place finish this year, late in the CL and hopefully abit better in the FA Cup.
  7. Jul 17, 2019

Rob Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You aren’t. I’d have him back in a heartbeat. He performed brilliantly for us and got his head turned when Barca came calling. I don’t blame him for that. Most of all, though, I’d like us to get a quality forward to take some of the workload off the usual suspects up front.
  8. Jul 17, 2019

Klopper76 "Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I’d take him back in a heartbeat.
  9. Jul 17, 2019

MVBDX New Member

Supports:
    Real Madrid
    I dunno, if I were a scouser I wouldn't have liked the club to hide behind City and be content with another 2nd place finish, rather would have wanted the club to improve the bench and finally win the title.
  10. Jul 17, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I think he even still played like a pro when the transfer didn't happen in the summer.
  11. Jul 17, 2019

jymufc20 Full Member

I thought you had sold him
  12. Jul 17, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

Haas he moved somewhere?
  13. Jul 17, 2019

jymufc20 Full Member

I thought he had to be honest, i have since googled him and edited my post.
  14. Jul 17, 2019

Halds Full Member

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    He had his best half season ever when he was forced to stay after the summer
    Yeah, me too. Such a classy player. How Barca are unable to get a tune out of him buggers my mind.
  15. Jul 17, 2019

Roosney Full Member

A selling club.
  16. Jul 17, 2019

Rossa Full Member

I'm surprised Liverpool are not more active. Ferguson was always adament that you had to improve a winning squad so as to not get complacent. Liverpool played out of their skin last season and were quite lucky with injuries. I would be surprised if they do as well next season, and then everyone will be asking why didn't they strengthen the squad.
  17. Jul 17, 2019

Thisistheone Full Member

I wish we were a selling club then. That way we could shift the shit like Darmian, Rojo, Young, Jones, Sanchez etc
  18. Jul 17, 2019

TwoSheds More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Coaches in Spain maybe aren't as daft as the ones in England and keep a man tight to him all game.
  19. Jul 17, 2019

BusterGonads New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We still have a Coutinho shaped hole in our midfield so for me it's a no-brainer, I'd love to see him back

We have evolved our playing style under Klopp in each of his 3 full seasons. No season was the same. In his first (and for me, best) we played fast, one-touch stuff utilising the skills of Couts, Lallana, Mane and Firmino. We could put a team to the sword and score from anywhere. Injuries/squad depth did for us in that season

In the second season we played fast counter attacking and last season we were more controlled with the FB's providing width and assists. It has been said that we could struggle without FB cover however I think Klopp will simply tweak with the system instead. Perhaps more dynamism from midfield to compensate if our FB's are targeted/injured
  20. Jul 17, 2019

JakeRockwell New Member

I'd happily sell dross for those kind off prices
  21. Jul 17, 2019

redman5 Full Member

In a world of my own. People know me here.
    My feeling is, is that having gotten a huge monkey off his back by winning his first major trophy for Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp is in a position to take a gamble - for this season at least - to give some of the younger lads a chance this coming new season. He fought very hard to keep hold of Rhian Brewster, so he obviously rates the lad, & it wouldn't be a surprise to see him get a fair amount of game time over the next 8 or 9 months. There's a couple of others too, who, under Klopp, could make a big name for themselves just in the same way TAA has. Our manager now has a squad who'll run through brick walls for him just in the same way that United players did for Ferguson. That side that won United's last league title 6 years ago under Fergie shouldn't have gotten anywhere near the title, but they did so at a canter. So whilst talented players are an obvious asset in a team's quest for honours, mentality & team spirit are just as important. & I think it's fair to say that our German gaffer has built a set-up that has that in abundance. Not to mention quite a few talented players too.

I'm pretty sure that the money is there should we need to spend big. & I've no doubt we will this time next year should we fall short at the end of the season.
  22. Jul 17, 2019

Wednesday at Stoke Full Member

Supports:
    Time Travel
    What the feck is Milner on? :eek:

23. Jul 17, 2019

Wulfric New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    As great as he is, he won't start many games if he rejoins us.
    In the first half of 2017/18, Salah/Mane/Bobby/Couts quartet only started 2 games together IIRC, which one of them was the 1-1 draw against Spartak Moscow. Klopp doesn't like to play him in a midfield three because he offers little defensively, so he has to play as a winger. I don't think he'd start many games ahead of either of our front 3, unless any of them get injured.

He'd be a much better option than Shaqiri IF we revert to 4231, but I can't see Klopp doing that for more than a few games.

That being said, He'd still be a great player to have when in tight games. I'd happily take him back.
  24. Jul 17, 2019

Megadrive Man New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Ribena!
  25. Jul 17, 2019

montpelier Full Member

Shaqiri/Coutinho looks like duplication to me. And Klopp is never going to play both is he?

I was sad to see that Moreno has gone, :(.

I expect them to do well again. Cheaty Mo will win soft pens endlessly from VAR.
  26. Jul 17, 2019

ForeverRoma93 Full Member

Supports:
    A.S. Roma
    Why would they want to keep Benteke, Sakho, Ings, Solanke and Ibe? :lol:
  27. Jul 17, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    He’s just very lean and vascular, clearly trains hard and lives clean. I like Milner as a player dedicated and does a job for his team.

Plenty of legal supliments pumps how vascular you look. They are supposed to give you a boost in training but it’s mostly for asthetics.
  28. Jul 17, 2019

Wednesday at Stoke Full Member

Supports:
    Time Travel
    Yeah he obviously takes great care of his body but that looks more like a sprinter's physique than someone who wants to last 90 minutes on a football pitch every week. May be he starts at that condition and slims down over the course of the season.
  29. Jul 17, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Yeah I agree it’s certianly not sustainable over a season for stamina. I’m a few years older and wish I could keep myself like that :lol:, would be easy (with dedication) to get like that in a month or so with no job and a dietitian and a personal trainer. When back in the season the carbs will take their toll. I remember when I was at Uni and in my early 20s I could get like that for a month but I definitely felt like shite most of the time.
  30. Jul 17, 2019

InLevyITrust Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I think keeping your squad is more important than adding. You have a great squad and if your more recent signings can improve you will be fine.
  31. Jul 18, 2019

SambaBoy Full Member

Using BFR bands too which basically restricts your blood flow out of the muscles and gives a massive pump. Used mainly for injured players in a sport setting so they can still get the benefits of the exercise whilst lifting lighter loads.
  32. Jul 18, 2019

Scroto Baggins Full Member

I agree, minor tweaks by Klopp, I dont see any of the trailing clubs catching them or City. They might look to buy some young talent for their youth team, but for the first team they really dont need a lot of changes.
  33. Jul 18, 2019

Man of Leisure Full Member

Still mind-boggling how Liverpool ended up with two of the better FBs in Europe, never mind the league.
  34. Jul 18, 2019

Man of Leisure Full Member

Fecking hell. Doesn’t he finish first in their beep tests as well? Genetics must play a big part.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  35. Jul 18, 2019

B20 HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Getting Milner in was one of the best things Rodgers did for.

Glad he got to work with Klopp though. What a player he's been for us.
  36. Jul 18, 2019

Treble Full Member

Liverpool will amass 90-95 pts again but it won't probably be enough to finish 1st.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  37. Jul 18, 2019

vidic blood & sand Full Member

Liverpool will be absolutely desperate to win the prem this year. It'll be 30 years and counting otherwise.
  38. Jul 18, 2019

Mettaur New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nah, we are too open with him in midfield. In fact, Klopp rarely starts all 4 of them together. I think we even collected less points when he does so.
    If we were to play him, it's be LW which is where Mane is right now.
  39. Jul 18, 2019

MysticRed New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    From what I’ve seen of Wilson he is decent but he is not playing anywhere close like the front three. Would be massive drop off. I prefer him to be loaned to a premier league club and see what he is made of. Keep Brewster and origi as the backup strikers
  40. Jul 18, 2019

MysticRed New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Would only take him back for £50m or less. Anymore and I would say no to serve hin right for his antics and Barcelona tapping up and how they conduct their business