Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Mali_Zeus

Im not reading anything about him, just noticed news and articles about him are popping up endlessly and he isnt even retiring ffs. Sure he was a great player but so were Scholes and Giggs and they didnt get so much attention when they were retiring. That goes for some other great players too.

Wtf?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Im not reading anything about him, just noticed news and articles about him are popping up endlessly and he isnt even retiring ffs. Sure he was a great player but so were Scholes and Giggs and they didnt get so much attention when they were retiring. That goes for some other great players too.

Wtf?
Don't follow Twitter accounts if you don't want to read what they say. It's already been pointed out that giggs got a documentary.

Mali_Zeus

Don't follow Twitter accounts if you don't want to read what they say. It's already been pointed out that giggs got a documentary.
This popped up in facebook on football ramble. I dont follow twitter nor do I have an account.
One documentary vs tons of articles?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
You guys are so sensitive. He's a great player, one of the best of the era. If you don't want to read about him, don't. No one forces you to.
Exactly!

If anything it's the media. Remote control for the TV or not reading countless twitter stuff might help people avoid it all.

stu_1992

Really going to have to stay away from any sports news tomorrow. At least it will give me an excuse to study instead.

Eboue

One cant make an observation about media being obsessed with him without a classic - dont read it if you dont like it reply.
:lol: so bitter

A documentary is a much bigger deal than an article. Who cares though? Man Utd fans can watch the documentary, Liverpool fans can read the articles. Everyone wins.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm definitely having myself a Gerrard Street Party tomorrow though.

djembatheking

Giggs had just retired as the most decorated player of all time after 24 years playing for 1 club with 13 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues . Gerrard is just moving clubs . There is a big difference . Anyway as I said earlier , no sky sports for me tomorrow .

Eboue

Giggs had just retired as the most decorated player of all time after 24 years playing for 1 club with 13 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues . Gerrard is just moving clubs . There is a big difference . Anyway as I said earlier , no sky sports for me tomorrow .
He's practically retiring since no one really cares about MLS. It really isn't a big difference at all.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Giggs never announced his retirement until after his final game.

I have no doubt it would have been the same if not more celebrated if there was a similar build up

Scholes did get a great farewell and SKY specials after his first retirement

Im with @Eboue on this one.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did Beckham get that much of attention when he was moving to usa? Cant remember.
He did. I actually remember the Sky Sports news presenter at the time saying she can't wait until the story is over :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Don't sign up to a Utd forum if you don't want to see Utd fans moaning about Liverpool players.

I agree with you in principle but still.

Eboue

Don't sign up to a Utd forum if you don't want to see Utd fans moaning about Liverpool players.

I agree with you in principle but still.
Don't sign up to a United forum that allows rival fans if you don't want to read them putting you straight.

I actually don't care that you guys are sensitive, I'm just pointing out that you are in fact sensitive.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sky can bugger off. On another day, they'd be supplying Liverpool fans with Gerrard shirts to burn on-camera.

Djemba-Djemba

Don't sign up to a United forum that allows rival fans if you don't want to read them putting you straight.

I actually don't care that you guys are sensitive, I'm just pointing out that you are in fact sensitive.
You keep wading into these threads criticising Utd fans for not liking Gerrard and the media portrayal of him, I'd have thought by now you'd have just accepted it.

I actually agree with you in principle like I said so you're not putting me straight on anything.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Could you please spoil our party somewhere else Eboue?

Eboue

You keep wading into these threads criticising Utd fans for not liking Gerrard and the media portrayal of him, I'd have thought by now you'd have just accepted it.

I actually agree with you in principle like I said so you're not putting me straight on anything.
I do? I don't think I do. I mean, this thread has 11,000 posts and I have 26. 20 before this exchange. Liverpool threads on here can be painful reading because of the obvious (and understandable) bias. Part of the point of having opposition supporters on here is to provide a different perspective.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I do? I don't think I do. I mean, this thread has 11,000 posts and I have 26. 20 before this exchange. Liverpool threads on here can be painful reading because of the obvious (and understandable) bias. Part of the point of having opposition supporters on here is to provide a different perspective.
Most time there is no other perspective, just the opposing fans doing a ":lol:" face when someone lays a slight on their club. Actually it's about half and half, most of the current Liverpool fans on here are very good posters.

Kostur

海尔的老板
This is a pretty sad party. I mean, you're going to finish ahead of your rival. Their talisman is going to leave having failed to win the trophy he wanted most and here you guys are complaining about articles being written.
Not really complaining myself but that was to be expected really (as in both, horrible arselicking of that stupid cnut and our fans vomitting from it) so I don't see a point in trying to stop it unless you're interested in some shit stirring, which I'm sure you are not.

Djemba-Djemba

I like having opposition fans on here, most of them are alright. I have no problem with any of that.

@Kostur has summed up what I'm thinking.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Really not annoyed Eboue mate, just trying to stop this thread from increasing it's numbers with 'stop liking shit I don't like' stuff.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I will celebrate by having a wank on my wife while singing Phil Collins.
She may feel me cumming in her hair tonight.

Mali_Zeus

My god, people cant say anything about Stevie in United forum without Arsenal fan defending him and saying who's sensitive and who's not. The state of redcafe. :lol:

Rory 7

Giggs is the most decorated player in the history of British football. He warrants a documentary. And so does Gerrard, it will probably be called 'what might have been'...

Djemba-Djemba

Here's another one that is hyper sensitive. Why does anyone post anything on here? Mostly to pass the time at work.
You seem pretty sensitive yourself.

Anyway never mind.

The media hyperbole over Gerrard is annoying to me but it's fair enough. He was a brilliant player and it's an added hook for people to watch would have been a meaningless game otherwise tomorrow.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope that he will have the farewell party that he deserves,although I think that he should have retired/leave to another league a couple of years ago.I think that sometimes the legend players ruin the global vision of their careers for crawling on the field in their last years extending unnecessarily the career and being indirectly a weight for the clubs that they love

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I think they'll have a great day until Gerrard decides he wants to go to a bigger party with better food and drink and more chance of presents before being persuaded to stay. He will stay and have a pretty good time before the thunder storm hits near the end.