Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope that he will have the farewell party that he deserves,although I think that he should have retired/leave to another league a couple of years ago.I think that sometimes the legend players ruin the global vision of their careers for crawling on the field in their last years extending unnecessarily the career and being indirectly a weight for the clubs that they love
He was pretty good last season, just gets overshadowed by what happened towards the end (:lol:).

Anyway, brilliant player, will be weird to see Liverpool without him.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The media hyperbole over Gerrard is annoying to me but it's fair enough.
It's the same when any legendary player leaves/retires. As much as I've hated him his name is synonymous with English football over the past 15 years. He deserves all the adulation tbf

Rafateria

You really have to wonder why the local Scouse rag carried their main picture of Slippy with him being sent off after 40 seconds against us, rather than him lifting a cup to mark the end of his 17 year carrier. It's like MEN posting a picture of Eric's Kung Fu tackle to poster his career, never happen. Well he goes with regrets over the league and thanks to that rag with those 40 minutes framing his career. Yes, that was certainly an excellent article, thank you.
Sorry - I didn't realise you only looked at the pictures, I'll try and find an image-filled article for you next time !

Rafateria

I hear they had to employ a translator for his press cons. Imagine if that donkey Carra joins him over there?
You jest but I can still remember an interview with Rooney on ESPN that had me thinking most Americans watching would think he was speaking in a foreign language. Laughed my socks off.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Sky can talk about him day and night 24/7 for all I care. They'll still never be able to talk about him winning the Prem.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I'll be glad when he finally fecks off. Good player or not. Can't stand seeing his screwed up little face all the time. cnut of the highest order.

Rafateria

Its pretty ridiculous, there isnt a day with at least one Gerrard article. Stevie this Stevie that, which is your favorite goal, favorite game, top 5 goals, top 5 games, this, that, its making me puke how much of it there is all around.
I warned you all it was coming but would you heed me ?

Mali_Zeus

Don't go looking Mali it might be a ruse to rob your house!
:lol:
About a 100 pages ago .... people thought I was on a WUM when it was meant as a laugh. Do a search if you can be arsed, I can't and I doubt you should be.
I guess we'll need to put up with it till it ends. And we'll need to see all that again when he will retire.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I warned you all it was coming but would you heed me ?
What? I'm fecking enjoying it! The internet, social media, and forums are filled with never ending piss takes, songs, and videos... I haven't laughed as much in the last few days in a long time.

Last edited:

Vanrouge

Sorry - I didn't realise you only looked at the pictures, I'll try and find an image-filled article for you next time !
See, this is just trolling. It's a perfectly reasonable question, to wonder why they used that photo, of all the photos ever taken of Gerrard. Trying to belittle someone for "only looking at the pictures" is deliberately missing the point and being disingenuous. As many have pointed out, we have some good posters on here who support other teams, but there's still an obligation on the part of guests to be at least minimally respectful. There's no need for this kind of petty shite.

Rafateria

See, this is just trolling. It's a perfectly reasonable question, to wonder why they used that photo, of all the photos ever taken of Gerrard. Trying to belittle someone for "only looking at the pictures" is deliberately missing the point and being disingenuous. As many have pointed out, we have some good posters on here who support other teams, but there's still an obligation on the part of guests to be at least minimally respectful. There's no need for this kind of petty shite.
I don't think you actually understand what the word 'trolling' means. How about 'banter' ? Which was on both sides of the repartee.

Vanrouge

I don't think you actually understand what the word 'trolling' means. How about 'banter' ? Which was on both sides of the repartee.
I do indeed understand the term, every bit as much as I know "banter" can be used to justify obnoxiousness, and that you don't leave a space between your words and your end punctuation. Why do you do both of those things?

Vanrouge

Also, why didn't you engage with my actual point? Why do you think the Liverpool Echo chose to use that specific photo? Do you or do you not think that was odd in any way?

Sad Chris

I'm not sure, but I understand this as "at last he's gone". Please don't correct me if I'm wrong. It's a great way to officially say bye. :lol:

Rafateria

Also, why didn't you engage with my actual point? Why do you think the Liverpool Echo chose to use that specific photo? Do you or do you not think that was odd in any way?
Your point was that I was trolling, clearly I wasn't, merely a very tame riposte to the usual banter between SEP & I. I agree that the photo was a weird choice, possibly because it's still very topical. However the interview was very good and as usual SG in person is rarely, if ever, as he is depicted by opposition fans (Stevie Me) actually being rather unassuming, though he is very straightforward and unpolitical.

buckooo1978

wonder how the Liverpool fans would have taken it had Gerrard signed for us in 2002/2003

I'd say worse than Figo to Madrid but (for the older Caf members) not as bad as Mo Johnson to Rangers probably

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
I'm not sure, but I understand this as "at last he's gone". Please don't correct me if I'm wrong. It's a great way to officially say bye. :lol:

Feels like they have wanted to say bye for quite some time :lol:

Stretford End Phil

You really have to wonder why the local Scouse rag carried their main picture of Slippy with him being sent off after 40 seconds against us, rather than him lifting a cup to mark the end of his 17 year carrier. It's like MEN posting a picture of Eric's Kung Fu tackle to poster his career, never happen. Well he goes with regrets over the league and thanks to that rag with those 40 minutes framing his career. Yes, that was certainly an excellent article, thank you.

Your point was that I was trolling, clearly I wasn't, merely a very tame riposte to the usual banter between SEP & I. I agree that the photo was a weird choice, possibly
because it's still very topical. However the interview was very good and as usual SG in person is rarely, if ever, as he is depicted by opposition fans (Stevie Me) actually being rather unassuming, though he is very straightforward and unpolitical.
As you can see Vanrouge, our banterful Scouse is quite disingenuous as you call it. I wouldn't call it trolling, rather the petulant remarks of someone who never properly engages. In my case this has been going on since their game against Besiktas, which was my first week as a full member. There was a lot more of them then, and they tried hard at mobbing me, but it was like being attacked by a herd of dead sheep.

I have tried with hard and soft questions, references to games, even points where I think his team could improve. But, all he ever does is come up with terribly unimaginative tripe. I'm still not sure why a real Scouser would want to spend all his time here rather than with one of their own forums. One can only conclude its to play the wum.

He calls his tripe 'banter' but where is the counter-banter in an observation about the Liverpool Echo and the Manchester Evening News, which was what my original post was about. The fact that I added a note of sarcasm at the end hardly warrants a reference to only looking at pictures. It's the same countless times. When he throws his toys out of the pram its best just to poke fun. Your pushing the envelope has been the nearest he's ever got to responding properly.

Wherein lies his problem? When Rafateria refers to a press con as 'unassuming, though he is very straightforward and unpolitical' one has to wonder if he has in fact been Shanghaied and held to ransom to make such absurd remarks. A press con in front of millions is hardly unassuming or apolitical. Of all his tripe, this one actually shows why he won't properly engage - he simply doesn't get it.

So we're left with banter and the lowest common denominator, which is apt because we're posting about a Scouse.

Last edited:

Thisistheone

I understand opposition fans making large of that but seriously .. how about the other games we fecked up in, or at the very least our strikers failing to score against Chelsea in that match ? His slip didn't cost us the title, the team's performance over 38 matches did.
This is the view of a fan who's probably never seen his team win a league. Therefore doesn't know what it takes, the key points, the defining moments. Gerrard's slip cost you the title. No doubt about that.