Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Off to the game in a bit, looking forward to giving the man a great send off.

What a player.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
oh no it's SEP! You go and finish your homework SEP don't wanna upset the teacher on Monday!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
oh no it's SEP! You go and finish your homework SEP don't wanna upset the teacher on Monday!
Have a good game. Obviously I don't want Liverpool to win but I hope you find money or get a free kebab or something. You're okay.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Have a good game. Obviously I don't want Liverpool to win but I hope you find money or get a free kebab or something. You're okay.
Cheers, don't like kebab's. Free fish n chips would be just fine though. Need to check back of settee for petrol money.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Enjoy it mate, I'm sure the atmosphere will be absolutely buzzing.
Thanks - frankly atmosphere has been crap most of this season, it shouldn't take a game like today's to raise it. But yes should be okay today.

Would be happier if we were battling you for 4th, but we weren't good enough I am afraid.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Kind of ridiculous that Stevie Me is being treated like a national hero or beloved political leader that's being laid to rest but Lampard doesn't even get a mention.

You'd think Saint Stevie ended world hunger or cured cancer.

Stretford End Phil

Kind of ridiculous that Stevie Me is being treated like a national hero or beloved political leader that's being laid to rest but Lampard doesn't even get a mention.

You'd think Saint Stevie ended world hunger or cured cancer.
After his remarks about your lot's applause I think he's just another squalid little footballer. It's the Scouse pundits that drive him to sainthood. Life in the states will be a lot different than his hometown. I wonder how long that will last, especially given his penchant for thuggery.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
So we're left with banter and the lowest common denominator, which is apt because we're posting about a Scouse.
Sigh. If you prick us, do we not bleed? Generalizations are bad, mmmkay?

This is the view of a fan who's probably never seen his team win a league. Therefore doesn't know what it takes, the key points, the defining moments. Gerrard's slip cost you the title. No doubt about that.
You can watch something repeatedly and still not understand it. Many of David Lynch's movies, for example. General election results. As anyone who does know what it takes to win the league would tell you, it takes one point more than the second place team.

Happening when it did, The Slip was very costly. In terms of vital points and more importantly momentum. But I could point to dozens of incidents that "cost us the title". The reason so many non-LFC supporters chose to paint The Slip as The One is obvious. It's great ammunition. But it isn't true.

You could just as easily point to Rodger's tactics for that game against Chelsea, or Luis Suarez's traditional slow start to the season, or Paul Dummett's equalizer for ten-man Newcastle, or Lukaku's goals in the Goodison derby, a shit off-side decision at Maine Road , Kolo's pass to Anichebe, or ... well, personally, I think that if there was one moment that truly "cost us the title", then it was this one:

But then I watched all the games and know what I'm talking about. And, of course, it's not such great ammunition. At least not until next year.

Stretford End Phil

Sigh. If you prick us, do we not bleed? Generalizations are bad, mmmkay?

You can watch something repeatedly and still not understand it. Many of David Lynch's movies, for example. General election results. As anyone who does know what it takes to win the league would tell you, it takes one point more than the second place team.

Happening when it did, The Slip was very costly. In terms of vital points and more importantly momentum. But I could point to dozens of incidents that "cost us the title". The reason so many non-LFC supporters chose to paint The Slip as The One is obvious. It's great ammunition. But it isn't true.

You could just as easily point to Rodger's tactics for that game against Chelsea, or Luis Suarez's traditional slow start to the season, or Paul Dummett's equalizer for ten-man Newcastle, or Lukaku's goals in the Goodison derby, a shit off-side decision at Maine Road , Kolo's pass to Anichebe, or ... well, personally, I think that if there was one moment that truly "cost us the title", then it was this one:

But then I watched all the games and know what I'm talking about. And, of course, it's not such great ammunition. At least not until next year.
See now thats where you post like a typical Scouse fan missing the main bit. My original post was about why your own Scouse newspaper was degrading Slippy. Try the full versions of the discussions over the last three months.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
See now thats where you post like a typical Scouse fan missing the main bit. My original post was about why your own Scouse newspaper was degrading Slippy. Try the full versions of the discussions over the last three months.
I'm not interested in squabbles between other people - that's your own business and I'm not fit to referee - but I think you're a decent bloke and I'd like to think you know better than to paint everyone the same, even if it is a little more work occasionally.

As for the Echo? I don't read it. Never have. Isn't it managed from and printed in Manchester these days? But I would assume they used a picture of him getting sent off because it was a big deal and recent. Otherwise, I don't know.

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
Oh, and yes. I think all the Gerrard stuff is ridiculously over the top. But it isn't his fault. It's the media that needs to create "events" they can sell and control. Especially when the season as a whole had been so much of a damp squib.

Stretford End Phil

I'm not interested in squabbles between other people - that's your own business and I'm not fit to referee - but I think you're a decent bloke and I'd like to think you know better than to paint everyone the same, even if it is a little more work occasionally.

As for the Echo? I don't read it. Never have. Isn't it managed from and printed in Manchester these days? But I would assume they used a picture of him getting sent off because it was a big deal and recent. Otherwise, I don't know.
You are very kind, as one would expect from people in Austin, Texas. I wasn't painting everyone with the same brush, only Scousers on a United forum, writing rubbish. There is a dull place called RAWK but I guess that's why they come here to wum.

Frankly, admitting you don't read the Scouse rag at the centre of this tiff tends to indicate this particular discussion might not be your cup of tea.

U99ted

You could just as easily point to Rodger's tactics for that game against Chelsea, or Luis Suarez's traditional slow start to the season, or Paul Dummett's equalizer for ten-man Newcastle, or Lukaku's goals in the Goodison derby, a shit off-side decision at Maine Road , Kolo's pass to Anichebe, or ... well, personally, I think that if there was one moment that truly "cost us the title", then it was this one
True, he's always serving bans for biting at that point of the year.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
:lol: Perfect last game at Anfield for Gerrard. I couldn't be more pleased for him!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The perfect send off. Started with a slip up at Palace last season, and ended today when he helped confirm our top 4 place against Palace at home. Thanks for the memories and the laughs Slippy.
Don't forget ex United lad Zaha who despite being actually terrible this game still managed to score a goal and win a pen.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Steven Gerrard deserved a better send off result wise.

Poor old Glen Johnson barely registers as a footnote here.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Slippy G had a terrible game and I think contributed the loss. He shouldn't start their last game. But it will be hilarious if he still start and they lose because of it and miss out on Europe altogether.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Slippy G had a terrible game and I think contributed the loss. He shouldn't start their last game. But it will be hilarious if he still start and they lose because of it and miss out on Europe altogether.
Hilarious is Liverpool playing in the Europa League next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The perfect send off. Started with a slip up at Palace last season, and ended today when he helped confirm our top 4 place against Palace at home. Thanks for the memories and the laughs Slippy.
The long road from Crystanbul

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe we'd be better off handing Rodgers our transfer budget and letting him drive them further into the ground over the summer.

Stretford End Phil

Slippy was the problem all season. He has become a cult figure and it achieved little for the Scouses. Today he lost them three points as their game became about his departure. Palace just played their usual game. I have been telling the Scouse lads that visit here that he's been their calamity all season but they just stick to the sentimentality banter. Tonight Rodgers will be quietly thinking he can now manage without a millstone. I think they might actually be a decent side next season, but that's as far as I will go.

Last edited: