Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
And how are you doing compared to this lot ? ;)

Honours
Liverpool - Winner
League Cup: 2000/2001, 2002/2003 2011/2012
FA Cup: 2000/2001, 2005/2006
FA Community Shield: 2001, 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2004/2005
UEFA Cup: 2000/2001
UEFA Super Cup: 2001, 2005
Personal
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1995, 1996
UEFA Fair Play Award: 1997
Premier League Player of the Month: December 1995, January 1996
PFA Team of the Year: 1996
FWA Footballer of the Year (1): 2009
PFA Players' Player of the Year (1): 2006
PFA Young Player of the Year (1): 2001
PFA Fans' Player of the Year (2): 2001, 2009
PFA Team of the Year (7): 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
EPL Player of the Month (5): Mar 2001, Mar 2003, Dec 2004, Apr 2006, Mar 2009
Standard Chartered Player of the Month Award (1): March 2012
Liverpool Top Goalscorer (3): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09
Ballon d'Or Bronze Award (1): 2005
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year (1): 2005
UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match (1): 2005
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament (1): 2012
UEFA Team of the Year (3): 2005, 2006, 2007
FIFA/FIFPro World XI (3): 2007, 2008, 2009
FA Cup Final Man of the Match (1): 2006
Goal of the Season (1): 2006
England Player of the Year (1): 2007
Member of the Order of the British Empire: 2007
Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University: 2008
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award – 3rd Place: 2005
And now he added the 2015 Outstanding Achievement award. That's something Giggs has never won.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
It's really crazy, almost this time last year they were marching triumphantly towards their first league title in 20+ years, Rodgers was the messiah, taking up the mantle of Shanks and Paisley, on the pitch blowing away their rivals one by one, Arsenal, City, United, headed with the undisputed number one player in the PL in Suarez, a revitalised captain Stevie G, his patience finally looking to have paid off with a much deserved League title medal, and the emerging Couintho, Sterling stars of the future etc.

Roll on a year, Bodgers is a fraud and should get out ASAP, Suarez is already long gone and money squandered on utter gash, Stevie Me is leaving the club a broken man, missed all their seasons aims, No Carling up, No FA cup, No CL place, back to midtable, oh and now Sterling, their crown jewel wants out with an internal war playing out in the media.

:drool:

Stretford End Phil

It's really crazy, almost this time last year they were marching triumphantly towards their first league title in 20+ years, Rodgers was the messiah, taking up the mantle of Shanks and Paisley, on the pitch blowing away their rivals one by one, Arsenal, City, United, headed with the undisputed number one player in the PL in Suarez, a revitalised captain Stevie G, his patience finally looking to have paid off with a much deserved League title medal, and the emerging Couintho, Sterling stars of the future etc.

Roll on a year, Bodgers is a fraud and should get out ASAP, Suarez is already long gone and money squandered on utter gash, Stevie Me is leaving the club a broken man, missed all their seasons aims, No Carling up, No FA cup, No CL place, back to midtable, oh and now Sterling, their crown jewel wants out with an internal war playing out in the media.

:drool:
It is a shame! Found it extremely difficult to stop crying with laughter since Sunday!:)

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Ibe and Flanagan sign new contracts, good to see Flanno get that considering the current injury situation.

Parry Gallister

Question for resident scousers: Swap deals rarely really happen in football but hypothetically - if City offered Navas + cash for Sterling, would you take it? You personally, not the club.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
We need to do our business early on so we can avoid a swap deal. I'd never want Navas here but in a scenario where we're still looking for quality additions and struggling to find one, I'd be okay with Pedro + some money (Sterling will never go to Barcelona, mind you). Our top priorities should be a striker, a midfielder to replace Gerrard, a winger and maybe another defender, depending on how our coach wants to play next year (hopefully four at the back). If we get a winger early on (I'd be delighted with Felipe Anderson for example), we can easily refuse any swap deals coming our way regarding Sterling. Also, it's not that we absolutely need to sell him, but I'd strongly consider it if he publicly says he wants out of Liverpool because keeping an unhappy player is never a good thing.

We just shouldn't sell Sterling untill we've signed an apt replacement. I don't want to be in a situation where he's gone, we've got the money and we can't get our targets, much like Sanchez last year. That way, we would be short of true wingers as well - I can only think of Ibe right now. So if we don't find a good replacement, I'd take a swap deal with extra money if the player involved is good enough. Navas definitely isn't.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Not really that fussed if Sterling leaves. Would be a different story if he knew how to find the back of the net. Talented, no doubt, but he's been our main attacker this season and he just hasn't done enough to prove himself invaluable to the side.

Ta, how about Barca offering Pedro + cash?
Transfer ban.

I would be all for it otherwise.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
You guys were going on like he was the second coming of the Christ last year, he's a young player of course he hasn't got huge levels of consistency. It's really sad (and a tad revisionist) to go on like he's only a half talented player that won't make the next step. With a good manager who could nurture his talent, he'll be a star.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You guys were going on like he was the second coming of the Christ last year, he's a young player of course he hasn't got huge levels of consistency. It's really sad (and a tad revisionist) to go on like he's only a half talented player that won't make the next step. With a good manager who could nurture his talent, he'll be a star.
I think it also has to do with the fact that Sterling has been bang average since New Year, putting in some very frustrating performances. He was good in the first half of the season but definitely wasn't in the second half and that's what we like to remember, especially if he really gets sold.

But we mustn't kid ourselves of course, it will be a huge disappointment if we lose him this summer. It could also be a strong statement of intent from our owners in which direction they want to go with our football club. If we're to lose our best player and most promising player in within a year, we're back to where we were a couple of seasons ago and without the right additions, top four looks miles away.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I think it also has to do with the fact that Sterling has been bang average since New Year, putting in some very frustrating performances. He was good in the first half of the season but definitely wasn't in the second half and that's what we like to remember, especially if he really gets sold.

But we mustn't kid ourselves of course, it will be a huge disappointment if we lose him this summer. It could also be a strong statement of intent from our owners in which direction they want to go with our football club. If we're to lose our best player and most promising player in within a year, we're back to where we were a couple of seasons ago and without the right additions, top four looks miles away.
I'm well aware of that, but that's bound to happen with a young developping player (we've had the same frustrations with Januzaj). But it's all the more satisfying when such players come good in the end after your club (and fans) have stuck by them.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox

Nice to hear this from a Liverpool fan. An actual reasoned response. Many of them have suddenly decided he's not that good because "Coutinho" and because of his poor second half to the season, which is painted as if he almost played worse on purpose.
Apparently they'd drive him wherever he wants to go, but they seem completely oblivious to what this symbolises. Yet again, one of your better players wants out.

I actually heard a Liverpool fan call up a station (maybe the type who calls up doesn't represent your fan base) and state something along the lines of: "he says he wants to win trophies, but where was he in the FA Cup semi-final? You can't say you want to win trophies and then not put the effort in when you had your chance"

That was his response to the suggestion that maybe he's moving for trophies.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Top four and a trophy. Wouldn't mind winning the Europa league. I think we can win the league though.
Even without Suarez' contribution we scored 70 goals in the league last season. Still 6 more than Manchester United.

Reading this forum you'd never think United had finished 7th. I suspect you are all in for another rude awakening this season.
I can understand why the generic footballing masses may think that we'll become the toothless (no pun intended), 6th/7th/8th place side we were 2/3 seasons ago. 'Suarez has left, he was the only reason you lot did good blah blah'. But not the educated football fan.
I'm getting the message on Suarez. All those guys around him were made to look good with him in the team. Without him Liverpool will drop at least 3 places along with about 20 points. Shame, I enjoyed a season in the sun.
Can we revisit the Liverpool are going to do a Spurs and spend £100m on shite? Lallana, Moreno, Can, Markovic and Manquillo all look like good signings. Balotelli, Lovren and Lambert have ranged from poor to absolutely shocking, but the former two have shown positive signs in recent times.

The season has been up and down, but really the only disaster has been our Champions League campaign. We're still in with a brilliant chance at top four, perhaps even top three. We still have a Europa league campaign to come and we have a brilliant chance to win the FA Cup too.
The likes of Sevilla and Wolfsburg would find it way harder to beat us than we would find it to beat them.

Chucking in the likes of Olympiakos and Salzburg is just playing up the trope of how there are never easy games and how even the best team is not assured of winning.

We are third favourites. You are plain wrong about our chances.
Its easier to boil things down rather than examine details. Too many painful truths lurking about when you do that. So to avoid all that why did Liverpool finish sooooooooooo much higher than Man Utd? Easy, Moyes and Suarez.

Done. :)
I thought this thread held no interest for you ? Or was that just an excuse because you had no response ? And yet here you are again. Are you really so arrogant as to think that (so far) a change of manager and two new players is going to cause a complete reversal in our teams respective fortunes ? Watch that dog - he may come back to bite you big time !

:lol: From page 22 you can read more of the upbeat Liverpool fans battling it out with...fecking Orc (an undercover chelsea fan) who made a surprising number of decent points, he's quite convincing!

Last edited:

Phurry

Furry Fecker
:lol: From page 22 you can read more of the upbeat Liverpool fans battling it out with...fecking Orc (an undercover chelsea fan) who made a surprising number of decent points, he's quite convincing!
Having just hit the button to see ignored content in order to read your post it just reaffirms to me why I have all of those posters on ignore :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Some absolute belters you've found there :lol:

Not only were they totally wrong but incredibly smug with it too.

Glanville95

PickledRed does his usually vanishing act when the going gets tough for Liverpool, but will return with an air of smugness when Liverpool are actually performing.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
PickledRed does his usually vanishing act when the going gets tough for Liverpool, but will return with an air of smugness when Liverpool are actually performing.
I have to say seeing some of Bob Loblaw's posts in comparison were a surprise. I'm a ridiculous optimist so I can empathize with some of the posts I quoted there, I'd have probably said the same in their position, but Bob had a really grounded and balanced view. Although he took some stick from other fans, he ended up being exactly right.

Last edited:

Feedingseagulls

I have to say seeing some of Bob Loblaw's posts in comparison were a surprise. I'm a ridiculous optimist so I can emphasize with some of the posts I quoted there, I'd have probably said the same in their position, but Bob had a really grounded and balanced view. Although he took some stick from other fans, he ended up being exactly right.
Over-active empathy?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Feck me I was optimistic.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
:lol: :lol: Please stop.

Barney said:
Can we revisit the Liverpool are going to do a Spurs and spend £100m on shite? Lallana, Moreno, Can, Markovic and Manquillo all look like good signings. Balotelli, Lovren and Lambert have ranged from poor to absolutely shocking, but the former two have shown positive signs in recent times
Yes, yes we can Barney. You absolutely and honestly did exactly that :lol:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
The Glaston of Liverpool fans.

I have to say seeing some of Bob Loblaw's posts in comparison were a surprise. I'm a ridiculous optimist so I can empathize with some of the posts I quoted there, I'd have probably said the same in their position, but Bob had a really grounded and balanced view. Although he took some stick from other fans, he ended up being exactly right.
Would have been booted by the RAWK Gestapo for airing those views no doubt.

Mali_Zeus

Just a blip????:lol: Moyes set you back years. So you lot said after last season. It's a big fecking blip. Another season in the wilderness for united it seems till VG gets rid of the malcontents.
A blip:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Its a nice red from page 22.
Look at this one being all giddy and sh.t.

Also when did Orc get out of closet exactly? :)

simmee

:lol: :lol: Please stop.

Yes, yes we can Barney. You absolutely and honestly did exactly that :lol:
This one from PickledRed "I'm getting the message on Suarez. All those guys around him were made to look good with him in the team. Without him Liverpool will drop at least 3 places along with about 20 points. Shame, I enjoyed a season in the sun." is also exactly what happened. The scousers were right all along, in their own special way...

Fener1907

The way I see it, we, Liverpool football club, need to ask ourselves a few questions. From my time spent mentoring Bootle AFC's U12s, I've concluded that we need to meet certain criteria for next season if we're to have a realistic chance of making it 19 Premiership trophies. Many would balk at the notion of us challenging for honours, but you'd actually be surprised how close we are. Here's my criteria and assessments:

Penetration - Sterling is the key. He's leaving, you say? Hold on a second, soft lad. Get a host of legends down to Anfield and sit Sterling in a room with them. Steven Gerrard, Rafael Benitez, Robbie Fowler, Kenny Dalglish, Djimi Traore... don't let him leave that room until he knows the significance of this club. Real Madrid? Barcelona? Juventus? Bloody Arsenal? No, son, this is Liverpool Football Club.

Width - Two words - Jordon Ibe. Don't worry if you're not familiar with him, as you will be by this time next year. This guy's the shite-lite version of somebody like Theo Walcott. He's got rockets on his feet.

Mobility - When he's not on crutches, Sturridge's mobility astounds me. I've sometimes had to press pause and go back to confirm that I saw what I thought I saw, and then I try my hardest to copy it in my shorts and socks on the living room carpet, but I usually end up on my ass with the dog trying to hump my leg. Ever been in Tesco and had an old man whiz past you on a mobility scooter, leaving you surprised at how nimble he was? That's Studgeo.

Depth - Not quite there. However, I think we should seriously be in for Pogba, Gotze, Reus, Martinez, etc. Do you think we can't sign those players? I beg to differ. Some people think we shop at Aldi. On the contrary, mate, we're off to Waitrose this summer because we're Liverpool Football Club. However, I think Brendan might be our Achilles heel on that front, which brings me to...

Creativity - See below
*Ring ring*
"Guten Tag"
"Jurgen?"
"Ja"
"This is Liverpool Football Club. You've been selected. See you at Melwood tomorrow.
"Ach mein Gott!"

Enough said.

Finishers - Hear me out on this one. I've done my coaching badges, so I know talent when I see it. My solution here? The name's Bale. Gareth Bale. Get him on the phone, let him know it's Liverpool Football Club calling, and get ready for fireworks next year. Old Trafford? No, lad, Anfield is the only place for you to truly resurrect your career. Based on extensive viewing of YouTube clips, I've concluded that Bale would make a fine finisher and I'm surprised I'm the only one to have picked up on this so far. I've spoken to the lads down the pub about this over a few pints, and they always end up nodding in agreement. I just wish our manager had the foresight that I do.

In conclusion, I'm content. Not all of the ingredients are there, so the meal tastes a bit shite at the moment. However, a sprinkling of Parmesan and a dash of salt could make next season a slap-up three course meal. We're hungry and we want it. We're Liverpool football club and we go again again.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
The way I see it, we, Liverpool football club, need to ask ourselves a few questions. From my time spent mentoring Bootle AFC's U12s, I've concluded that we need to meet certain criteria for next season if we're to have a realistic chance of making it 19 Premiership trophies. Many would balk at the notion of us challenging for honours, but you'd actually be surprised how close we are. Here's my criteria and assessments:

Penetration - Sterling is the key. He's leaving, you say? Hold on a second, soft lad. Get a host of legends down to Anfield and sit Sterling in a room with them. Steven Gerrard, Rafael Benitez, Robbie Fowler, Kenny Dalglish, Djimi Traore... don't let him leave that room until he knows the significance of this club. Real Madrid? Barcelona? Juventus? Bloody Arsenal? No, son, this is Liverpool Football Club.

Width - Two words - Jordon Ibe. Don't worry if you're not familiar with him, as you will be by this time next year. This guy's the shite-lite version of somebody like Theo Walcott. He's got rockets on his feet.

Mobility - When he's not on crutches, Sturridge's mobility astounds me. I've sometimes had to press pause and go back to confirm that I saw what I thought I saw, and then I try my hardest to copy it in my shorts and socks on the living room carpet, but I usually end up on my ass with the dog trying to hump my leg. Ever been in Tesco and had an old man whiz past you on a mobility scooter, leaving you surprised at how nimble he was? That's Studgeo.

Depth - Not quite there. However, I think we should seriously be in for Pogba, Gotze, Reus, Martinez, etc. Do you think we can't sign those players? I beg to differ. Some people think we shop at Aldi. On the contrary, mate, we're off to Waitrose this summer because we're Liverpool Football Club. However, I think Brendan might be our Achilles heel on that front, which brings me to...

Creativity - See below
*Ring ring*
"Guten Tag"
"Jurgen?"
"Ja"
"This is Liverpool Football Club. You've been selected. See you at Melwood tomorrow.
"Ach mein Gott!"

Enough said.

Finishers - Hear me out on this one. I've done my coaching badges, so I know talent when I see it. My solution here? The name's Bale. Gareth Bale. Get him on the phone, let him know it's Liverpool Football Club calling, and get ready for fireworks next year. Old Trafford? No, lad, Anfield is the only place for you to truly resurrect your career. Based on extensive viewing of YouTube clips, I've concluded that Bale would make a fine finisher and I'm surprised I'm the only one to have picked up on this so far. I've spoken to the lads down the pub about this over a few pints, and they always end up nodding in agreement. I just wish our manager had the foresight that I do.

In conclusion, I'm content. Not all of the ingredients are there, so the meal tastes a bit shite at the moment. However, a sprinkling of Parmesan and a dash of salt could make next season a slap-up three course meal. We're hungry and we want it. We're Liverpool football club and we go again again.
Ferner you are one of the most knowledgeable, insightful, and true Liverpool supporters I've ever came across..I wish all Scousers were just like you especially my imaginary Liverpool supporting mate who's just a deluded cnut! (Mods can we get some clappy smileys in here please?)

Last edited: