Liverpool - 2017/18

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Their midfield is rancid. I've posted here before about Wijnaldum, who is an absolutely nothing player. Can, Milner and Henderson fall into a similar category. Their defence, or more accurately, their defensive setup, is appalling and will continue to let them down. Coutinho is a huge loss for them as they look devoid of ideas in his absence and it was an idiotic decision to sell him mid-season with no adequate replacement lined up. Incredible stuff all-round.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool players looked a bit tired to me to be honest.
They are not tired. They just have a very bad tactical set-up that is 100% Klopp´s fault. Great teams have a great (defensive) midfield. It´s the most crucial area of the pitch. You protect the defense. You dictate the rhythm of the team. You start the attack. Generally these are the positions on the pitch that require the most complete players: physically, technically, tactically and mentally. Liverpool started Emre Can, Wijnaldum and AOC. Basically all the same lackadaisical sideways passer attitude. They can ride a wave, but they can´t create waves. The player Klopp needs more than ever is an in-form Lallana. If he doesn´t believe he´ll get that healthy and fit Lallana any time soon they should go and buy somebody. Who? No farking clue. Maybe go after Weigl or Dahoud again. Dortmund seem to rate Nuri Sahin higher these days. :lol:

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
They are not tired. They just have a very bad tactical set-up that is 100% Klopp´s fault. Great teams have a great (defensive) midfield. It´s the most crucial area of the pitch. You protect the defense. You dictate the rhythm of the team. You start the attack. Generally these are the positions on the pitch that require the most complete players: physically, technically, tactically and mentally. Liverpool started Emre Can, Wijnaldum and AOC. Basically all the same lackadaisical sideways passer attitude. They can ride a wave, but they can´t create waves. The player Klopp needs more than ever is an in-form Lallana. If he doesn´t believe he´ll get that healthy and fit Lallana any time soon they should go and buy somebody. Who? No farking clue. Maybe go after Weigl or Dahoud again. Dortmund seem to rate Nuri Sahin higher these days. :lol:

Why on earth would Weigl or Dahoud wish to join Liverpool, would it really be a step up from their current clubs?

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Why on earth would Weigl or Dahoud wish to join Liverpool, would it really be a step up from their current clubs?
Because they are benched or not even in the squad at Dortmund, because of Nuri "´Human Traffic Cone and CEO dildo" Sahin.

And it´s certainly not a step down from where Dortmund are headed based on their management decisions of the last 12-18 months.

Baby Groot

Liverpool FC gift that keeps on giving.
They have performed exceptionally well in last 3 games of theirs, won vs City (if all goes accordingly City form will nose dive; and if we pip them to the title I will send Klopp a thank you letter:D), following that Liverpool lost in hilarious fashion two bottom half clubs, and in the second match vs West Brom VAR was their best man. :lol:

Inter Yer Nan

Their midfield is rancid. I've posted here before about Wijnaldum, who is an absolutely nothing player. Can, Milner and Henderson fall into a similar category. Their defence, or more accurately, their defensive setup, is appalling and will continue to let them down. Coutinho is a huge loss for them as they look devoid of ideas in his absence and it was an idiotic decision to sell him mid-season with no adequate replacement lined up. Incredible stuff all-round.
Agreed on all counts. Their midfielders are barely squad level on other top 6.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wtf was Matip doing on the third goal? Opting for a fanciful flick to clear the ball....you'd have thought that he was 18 and not 26. So immature.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This Liverpool reminds me of how Bielsa drained Marseille all season long by doing crazy intense pressure in every game. At some point they physically and mentally checked out and couldn't compete for the title anymore @JPRouve
That or Klopp is a terrible manager when it comes to setting his team to defend and protect a lead

Wtf was Matip doing on the third goal? Opting for a fanciful flick to clear the ball....you'd have thought that he was 18 and not 26. So immature.
He's an idiot. Just clear it with your left no nonsense style, what Hegazi has been doing all night.

flappyjay

Why are you guys tripin it's all good it doesn’t matter at all actually because they got Salah, Mane Mane and Bobby Firmino. But they sold Coutinho....:lol:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Like i have maintained, coutinho is their Linkage between attack and midfield and fundamental to their team. Their most important player. I dont know how good keita will be, but Coutinho was their best player and will be a huge miss.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
I have said this before. Matip was best defender by default. Thanks to Moreno/Lovren partnership, he always escaped any criticism. Not that VVD has been anything to write home about, but just inserting Robertson reduces the calamity on the left side of the backfour by 248% and now the focus shifts. Besides Klavan is easily the best of the bunch, because he is a no BS, sniff out danger type of defender and in a backfour like theirs he´s absolutely king. I sometimes think Klopp doesn´t really know who his best defensive players are.

Robertson - Klavan - VVD - Gomez/TAA and a commitment to Karius seems such a natural selection for the moment. He chops Mignolet´s balls off, who were hanging by a thread already, and then he starts him again and is shocked, when he lacks a confident command on the field.

ti vu

I have said this before. Matip was best defender by default. Thanks to Moreno/Lovren partnership, he always escaped any criticism. Not that VVD has been anything to write home about, but just inserting Robertson reduces the calamity on the left side of the backfour by 248% and now the focus shifts. Besides Klavan is easily the best of the bunch, because he is a no BS, sniff out danger type of defender and in a backfour like theirs he´s absolutely king. I sometimes think Klopp doesn´t really know who his best defensive players are.

Robertson - Klavan - VVD - Gomez/TAA and a commitment to Karius seems such a natural selection for the moment. He chops Mignolet´s balls off, who were hanging by a thread already, and then he starts him again and is shocked, when he lacks a confident command on the field.
Klavan seems to be very good defend the box and situation like Matip's mind boggling attempt to flick clearance, Klavan my do better. However, the way L'pool approach the game with acres of space behind their defense line, Klavan is mostly a liable for opposition forwards. It boiled down to the system which exposed the defenders too much.

LMessi

Supports
Barcelona
One of the major problems with Liverpool is that they have so, so many inconsistent players. By my reckoning the only 3 players who they can rely upon to have a decent game are Sallah, Firmino and the new lad Robertson. The rest seem to be all over the place. They can be great one week and dire the next.

I can see things going downhill from here as they are definitely a 'confidence' team. I would not be half surprised if Klopp goes at the end of the season.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
We don’t need two fullbacks. We need a keeper, another CB, one or two midfielders and an attacking player to replace Coutinho.

We don’t desperately need a striker. We always seem to score goals.
Imo, You always seems to score is because you guys are too lob sided on attack. Its almost like every on above the center line are tuned to attack. Nice to see but you wont win trophies with it. You need to have a fine balance. When you try to get a balance between attacking and defending, you will find out that you may need another good striker with better conversion rate.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I know, its amazing how many Liverpool fans he's managed to fool. Being German obviously klopp will love him too. I don't like him just as Firmino is returning to the player I want on the bench or sold too.

Salah won't be here next season.
Phenomenal player isnt he, didnt realize he quietly notched feckin 24 goals and managed to keep a good head off the pitch too. Seems like a good Professional. He will be there at least another two seasons, an obvious barca winger right there.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I know, its amazing how many Liverpool fans he's managed to fool. Being German obviously klopp will love him too. I don't like him just as Firmino is returning to the player I want on the bench or sold too.

Christ..

Kapardin

Phenomenal player isnt he, didnt realize he quietly notched feckin 24 goals and managed to keep a good head off the pitch too. Seems like a good Professional. He will be there at least another two seasons, an obvious barca winger right there.
Salah's been anything but quiet though. He's been the most talked about after De Bruyne for the stellar season he's having. But yeah, he's a good guy and consummate professional.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Klavan seems to be very good defend the box and situation like Matip's mind boggling attempt to flick clearance, Klavan my do better. However, the way L'pool approach the game with acres of space behind their defense line, Klavan is mostly a liable for opposition forwards. It boiled down to the system which exposed the defenders too much.
But that´s what you theoretically have VVD for. He´s the athletic defender, while Klavan is the smart defender. That´s a set-up that usually works well. Germany has covered Mats Hummels lack of acceleration with a fast defender for year, first Friedrich than Boateng. Of course it would help a lot of Klopp did not play Moreno. He might actually have some value as a back-up left wing, but he can destabilize a defense all by himself. The central defender next to him always has to worry about his mental walkabouts and positional lapses. You simply cannot focus on your job.

I´m not sure why Klopp pulled Robertson. Maybe he needed a rest, but I still can´t understand how you move back from the correct evaluation that converted LB Milner >>> LB Moreno, to Moreno is a starter again.

ti vu

But that´s what you theoretically have VVD for. He´s the athletic defender, while Klavan is the smart defender. That´s a set-up that usually works well. Germany has covered Mats Hummels lack of acceleration with a fast defender for year, first Friedrich than Boateng. Of course it would help a lot of Klopp did not play Moreno. He might actually have some value as a back-up left wing, but he can destabilize a defense all by himself. The central defender next to him always has to worry about his mental walkabouts and positional lapses. You simply cannot focus on your job.

I´m not sure why Klopp pulled Robertson. Maybe he needed a rest, but I still can´t understand how you move back from the correct evaluation that converted LB Milner >>> LB Moreno, to Moreno is a starter again.
Dortmund and Germany defensive system is not simply all about the defense. The midfield also helped a lot in offer the balance, which L'pool current midfielders can't measure to. Bender, Sahin, Gudogan in their pomp certainly better. Kroos, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger, Khedira at his best are just incomparable. I don't get why pushing for a system when personels ain't available.

Last edited:

Revaulx

Their midfield is rancid. I've posted here before about Wijnaldum, who is an absolutely nothing player. Can, Milner and Henderson fall into a similar category.
Milner is by far their most intelligent and reliable midfielder. Which is why he’s spent most of his Liverpool days at left back. Can has been there for an eternity; it’s been obvious for ages that he’s never going to develop any degree of consistency, yet the occasional good performance (like v City) still gets them all giddy about his “potential”.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund and Germany defensive system is not simply all about the defense. The midfield also helped a lot in offer the balance, which L'pool current midfielders ain't comparable. Bender, Sahin, Gudogan in their prompt certainly better. Kroos, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger, Khedira at his best are just incomparable. I don't get why pushing for a system when personels ain't available.
Well I don´t disagree. I have been saying their defensive midfield is a mess for awhile. If he plays Can/Wijnaldum/AOC together again in a 4-3-3 he should be fired on the spot.

Irrational.

Let's hope this game tired them out even further ahead of the Huddersfield clash. From what I could gather, they rested a majority of their players today.
Nah, the Huddersfield manager is Jurgen's best mate - he even models his looks on him. If Liverpool ever needed a boost, the Huddersfield game will be it. Will play right into his hands and get trounced 5 or 6-0.

Rafateria

Firmino just lacks that x factor. Not clinical enough in front of goal and when Salah and Mane decide to have off days then he does not step forward. Obviously not a priority problem but a problem nevertheless.
Two awful performances leading to two crap defeats on the trot seem to have sent you over the edge !

Salah sold this Summer ? Not a fecking chance and pretty much anyone with an iota of common sense knows that. Firmino comments ? You are talking about three attackers all having off days at the same time ? And any player can have an off day, even the world's top strikers. Firmino's stats for this season are 19 goals (10 in PL) and 8 assists (5 in PL) in 36 games and that's a goal or assist every 81 mins. Pretty average eh ?

Our problems are no secret ..and it's not in attack. They begin and end with a weak midfield and goalkeeper. The back four as a unit aren't the best in the PL (three youngsters still learning their trade, one shite LB and three average CBs plus one very good CB) but they are much better than they are being made to look, they simply can't trust the man behind them (whether it's Mignolet or Karius, neither are very good and both seem mentally weak) and are continually exposed to opposition attacks running through our nonexistent midfield.

You are beginning to sound more like some of the WUMs and those lacking little grey cells that invade this thread everytime we lose (and are absent at any other time) to make inane ill-considered comments on the team/manager or to post something they consider to be 'humour'. I expect it from them, I didn't expect it from you.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Nah, the Huddersfield manager is Jurgen's best mate - he even models his looks on him. If Liverpool ever needed a boost, the Huddersfield game will be it. Will play right into his hands and get trounced 5 or 6-0.
Wagner is the "Pound Shop Klopp"

Djemba-Djemba

Liverpool in that first half were hilariously inept at the back.

To concede three goals in one half at home to West Brom is staggering incompetence. Still waiting on Klopp to write that book on defending.

Djemba-Djemba

They'll probably get another couple of years out of Salah and if he carries on banging in the goals he'll eventually leave because he wants to win something.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm sorry, but if a better team comes in with a big offer, he'd probably jump at the chance, especially if Liverpool miss out on top 4. It's not like Liverpool aren't a selling club.

Rafateria

I'm sorry, but if a better team comes in with a big offer, he'd probably jump at the chance, especially if Liverpool miss out on top 4. It's not like Liverpool aren't a selling club.
*bangs head against wall at the lack of thought that went into that post*