Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Finally, Klopp has won a final being the favorite all along.

He can feck off now and hope they face City in the UCL next season.

Btw, to all the Klopp fanboys: he hasn't surpassed Rafa yet: both have two UCL finals (one lost) and a tight 2nd place in the PL.
Klopp has also reached a CL final with Dortmund tbf. Much better manager than Rafa

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Congrats. Top Job done. Great football, great development. Klopp simply deserves it.

izec

You noticed a difference in results. The football has been the same.

We apparently have a manager who according to our fans wants to play this kind of high intensity, high pressing football. Yet he refuses to shift his backline 10 yards up from where Mourinho had his lined up.
I agree. Ole started well, but we didnt push on. It is not the Ole thread, but i am not optimistic

Ether

He took over at Christmas and they decided to put their eggs in the Europa League basket. That's why they finished 8th.
He took over in October and managed 30 premier league games that season. They were only a few points off the top 4 when he took over.

Skills

Snitch
He took over in October and managed 30 premier league games that season. They were only a few points off the top 4 when he took over.
Okay but they still put their eggs in the Europa League basket. It's what we did under Mourinho.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not a bad season for them in the end. For the level they played they needed a trophy for their season efforts.

Hard to win the league when the title winners average 99 points over two seasons, Liverpool gave it a very good go but difficult to see them coming as close next season. Cups remain thejr best chance next season.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Congratulations, Liverpool!

It must be the right place to do that after all. Not a great final though, but this team succeeded in doing very well both Premier League and UEFA Champions League and with enjoyable performance in general. Klopp has been doing an excellent job.

Bwuk

Absolutely mental that they’ve won the European cup with Origi scoring the winner.

It’s all down the Klopp sadly. He’s done a 10/10 job with them. Pr*ck.

El Zoido

I agree. Ole started well, but we didnt push on. It is not the Ole thread, but i am not optimistic
Klopp is an elite manager, one of the best in the world. Ole is.. well, I like the guy but I cannot see him competing at this level at ALL.

Raw

What bothers me the most is that they're not a team built with money chasing galacticos. Just normal players who work exceedingly well together, under top class manager that successfully raises the overall level of each player. A team who are united together and play for the shirt.

Almost reminds me of us under Fergie.

Coxy

Congrats Liverpool. 6 times :(

Just hope it’s not long before we’re competing with them again

Eddy_JukeZ

What bothers me the most is that they're not a team built with money chasing galacticos. Just normal players who work exceedingly well together, under top class manager that successfully raises the overall level of each player. A team who are united together and play for the shirt.

Our best teams under Fergie had more quality though(not to diminish Fergie's work at all).

They've only got maybe 2-3 WC players.

They are being managed to the utmost maximum by Klopp.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF

I wouldn't call the SAF squads as "normal.players working together"

Liverpool 2019 is truly another version of 2005; main difference is that in 2019 the "comeback miracle" has happened in the semis, not the 2nd half of the actual final.

Raw

Liverpool 2019 is truly another version of 2005; main difference is that in 2019 the "comeback miracle" has happened in the semis, not the 2nd half of the actual final.
Our best teams under Fergie had more quality though(not to diminish Fergie's work at all).

They've only got maybe 2-3 WC players.

They are being managed to the utmost maximum by Klopp.
Oh I agree I wouldn't say their players are similar to ours in terms of quality. But the overall togetherness of that team along with a manager who gets the absolute best out of them reminds me quite a bit of what we once were. Not to mention the players working their bollocks off to get a winner, pinning teams back and playing quality football.

I just hope it doesn't last anywhere near as long :(

Sterling Archer

Congrats Liverpool. 6 times :(

Just hope it’s not long before we’re competing with them again
We really should have kicked on from 2008.

But our leadership was complacent. Whether you want to call out Sir Alex or the Glazers , it's a moot point. We were at the pinnacle, sold the Worlds Best Player at the time for a record fee and then bought peanuts.

And that's even before Sir Alex retired. Since then has been so bad. We aren't competing for a good 3-4 years.

Ban

This team is a lot bettet than 2005 one and could sadly dominate for years.

There was a lot of talk of creating a dynasty at City but with Pep leaving after he's fed up with a club and wanting a new sugar daddy club challenge and Klopp staying at Liverpool I fear they're the ones who could start a dynasty.
Pair that with the current state of our club and it's a grim situation to say the least.

Ban

But our leadership was complacent. Whether you want to call out Sir Alex or the Glazers , it's a moot point. We were at the pinnacle, sold the Worlds Best Player at the time for a record fee and then bought peanuts.

And that's even before Sir Alex retired. Since then has been so bad. We aren't competing for a good 3-4 years.
Just one wc player instead of Ronaldo instead of Valencia and Obertan and all would have been a lot better. But we penny pinched and the rest is history.

El Zoido

3-4 years is optimistic in my opinion. I’m sorry to say but I can’t see us being back at the top level for a very long time. 20-30 years even.

Ban

3-4 years is optimistic in my opinion. I’m sorry to say but I can’t see us being back at the top level for a very long time. 20-30 years even.
Oh come on now. It wont be that long surely. A lot can happen in that time.

Skills

Snitch
It'll take about 20-30 years before we've given all the club legends our fans want, a decent shot. You might not be too wrong.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You have to take your hat off and say congratulations to Liverpool. To achieve what they have with that squad is really exceptional. They’ve been brilliant this season. It pains me to see them so good, but they’ve earned this win. Hopefully this spurs us on as a club to knock them back off their fecking perch, because they are miles ahead of us right now.

@Rado_N @Raoul
Well said. Very eloquent.

Raw

It's almost impossible to predict, but 20-30 years seems way too long. It all depends on how we plan our next few years.

El Zoido

Oh come on now. It wont be that long surely. A lot can happen in that time.
It really is impossible to say, you never know what’s around the corner. Nothing about the club in its current state suggests to me that we can compete at the highest level for the foreseeable future. Personally it just looks so bleak to me. Can’t see a silver bullet.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool

This team is miles better than the 2005 one.

Ban

It really is impossible to say, you never know what’s around the corner. Nothing about the club in its current state suggests to me that we can compete at the highest level for the foreseeable future. Personally it just looks so bleak to me. Can’t see a silver bullet.
I know. It looks terrible, no 2 ways about it. But all can change in a year. For instance if Glazers fek of.

Winrar

I know. It looks terrible, no 2 ways about it. But all can change in a year. For instance if Glazers fek of.
I wish I was half as optimistic as you are.

Changing the football side of the club is one thing but kicking the glazers out is another story.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the obvious difference between United and Liverpool over the last few years is patience.
Klopp has been at Liverpool since Van Gaal was at United, which feels like ages ago.
Since then, Mourinho has come in, made questionable signings, and left.
We've now replaced him with a manager that most don't believe in, and who will likely be replaced before he knows it.
Klopp on the other hand, has had all the time he needs to develop his side into one of the best in Europe.
He's been backed heavily in the market, but he's been backed more heavily by having a board that believe in him and his 'project'
Our board could learn a thing or two from our dirty Scouse neighbours.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Well done to them, well deserved winners. They play exceptional football under Klopp, a trophy was the only thing missing.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
(closed thread, so I'll post this here: )

First of all, I know some individuals don't care about records, honours, etc. I do. Man Utd having 20 league titles and Liverpool 18 is important for me. Liverpool now having 6 UCL while Barça has 5 is important for me. And it pisses me off.

While I can live with the fact that Madrid will always be King of Europe (nobody, I mean, nobody will ever win 13 UCL titles before Madrid gets their 14th), seeing Liverpool getting ahead of Bayern and Barça is worrying.

AC Milan, with 7 titles, has imploded and who knows when (if) they'll get back to their former glory (oil money?). What I'm saying is that I can see Liverpool lifting their 7th before Bayern (currently rebuilding and known for mediocre long eras in Europe, last one in 2002-2009) and Barça (not even Messi guarantees a UCL title anymore, as 2016-19 has shown).

Has Liverpool become the new UCL sensation? A club with zero Premier Leagues (despite close calls in 2009, 2014 and 2019), but (re)built to win Knockout Cups, because of the "believe" mentality, the four titles in 77-84 (boost factor-we were always great, etc), the enthusiasm of the owners and fans, and last but not least the Anfield factor.
All I know is that Bayern, Barça and Man Utd overthink the UCL way too much while Liverpool just seems to enjoy the heck out of it.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Let's be honest. I'm not even a Liverpool's supporter and personally I'd rather see Barcelona or even Ajax winning it. But it must be painful not earning any relevant trophy this year after a superb campaign in Premier League. By the way, Klopp's work really deserved a worthy reward.

BlueHaze

(closed thread, so I'll post this here: )

First of all, I know some individuals don't care about records, honours, etc. I do. Man Utd having 20 league titles and Liverpool 18 is important for me. Liverpool now having 6 UCL while Barça has 5 is important for me. And it pisses me off.

While I can live with the fact that Madrid will always be King of Europe (nobody, I mean, nobody will ever win 13 UCL titles before Madrid gets their 14th), seeing Liverpool getting ahead of Bayern and Barça is worrying.

AC Milan, with 7 titles, has imploded and who knows when (if) they'll get back to their former glory (oil money?). What I'm saying is that I can see Liverpool lifting their 7th before Bayern (currently rebuilding and known for mediocre long eras in Europe, last one in 2002-2009) and Barça (not even Messi guarantees a UCL title anymore, as 2016-19 has shown).

Has Liverpool become the new UCL sensation? A club with zero Premier Leagues (despite close calls in 2009, 2014 and 2019), but (re)built to win Knockout Cups, because of the "believe" mentality, the four titles in 77-84 (boost factor-we were always great, etc), the enthusiasm of the owners and fans, and last but not least the Anfield factor.
All I know is that Bayern, Barça and Man Utd overthink the UCL way too much while Liverpool just seems to enjoy the heck out of it.
They are going do be a force to reckon with as long as Klopp is there. However when he leaves they are as fecked as one could be. No one at Liverpool is going to be able to repeat what he has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.