Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Felt inappropriate to bump the old thread.
Could be looking at a front six of
Fabinho, Keita, Fekir, Mane, Salah and Firmino.
As Pogue said in the other thread, they're a team who has been getting the best out of their signings so far. Are they going to be significantly better than last year. Especially in the league?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
As Pogue said in the other thread, they're a team who has been getting the best out of their signings so far. Are they going to be significantly better than last year. Especially in the league?
We've definitely not been getting the best out of our defence.

One thing that gives me hope for next season to be an improvement is that some of our problems look quite fixable. Most notably, the number of points dropped from a winning position. That ought to be easier to fix than struggling to score goals, or conceding early goals.

Robinson and Van Dijk have shown that a lot of our defensive issues have actually been straight up personnel issues, rather than structural. They've sown up our left side quite handily. Clyne returning should help, and better protection from midfield with Keita and Fabinho. A new keeper and centreback should do wonders overall.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
That front six is tasty though. Could be even better than the steamroller we briefly had going when all four of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho played together.

Having players like Chamberlain and Henderson coming off the bench or filling in for injuries rather than being automatic starters will help too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've definitely not been getting the best out of our defence.

One thing that gives me hope for next season to be an improvement is that some of our problems look quite fixable. Most notably, the number of points dropped from a winning position. That ought to be easier to fix than struggling to score goals, or conceding early goals.

Robinson and Van Dijk have shown that a lot of our defensive issues have actually been straight up personnel issues, rather than structural. They've sown up our left side quite handily. Clyne returning should help, and better protection from midfield with Keita and Fabinho. A new keeper and centreback should do wonders overall.
Your record in the big games has to be the biggest thing that improves next season if you want to challenge for the title, you lost away to City, United, Spurs and Chelsea last season only winning the home games against Arsenal and City

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
That front six is tasty though. Could be even better than the steamroller we briefly had going when all four of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho played together.

Having players like Chamberlain and Henderson coming off the bench or filling in for injuries rather than being automatic starters will help too.
Can you see either being happy with relegation to the bench? Henderson is currently the captain and Ox's big frustration at Arsenal was the role he had within the squad. Can't see either reacting well if they're suddenly binned from the starting eleven. Agree that they're the calibre of player you want on your bench rather than the complete lack of options you currently struggle with.

GeorgieBoy

Fabinho
Fekir-Keita
Salah-Firmino-Mane

That is an annoyingly good front 6, on paper at least. Naturally, a complete over-hall in midfield will take time to gel and its too early now to say exactly how they'll work together but the foundations are there.
In defence they are still pretty weak, Van Dijk and Robertson the only two I rate. Surely Klopp won't let their weakest area for however many years go unaddressed again.

Skills

Snitch
They might not win it next season but there signings are at the right age, that if they can hang on to them they will be in position to capatalise if/when City have a drop (eventually they'll need to replace Silva, Aguero and Kompany which might result in some turbulence).

MUFC OK

It's getting ridiculous now, we've 6 threads on the main page about Liverpool. If RAWK had the same amount of United thread we'd call them obsessed. This thread (duplicate) should be merged/deleted for starters

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It's getting ridiculous now, we've 6 threads on the main page about Liverpool. If RAWK had the same amount of United thread we'd call them obsessed. This thread (duplicate) should be merged/deleted for starters
There are a large amount of caf posters that are obsessed with Liverpool and have envy for them. For once RAWK is right.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Can you see either being happy with relegation to the bench? Henderson is currently the captain and Ox's big frustration at Arsenal was the role he had within the squad. Can't see either reacting well if they're suddenly binned from the starting eleven. Agree that they're the calibre of player you want on your bench rather than the complete lack of options you currently struggle with.
I think both are good enough to rotate into the squad often enough that it won't really matter.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Your record in the big games has to be the biggest thing that improves next season if you want to challenge for the title, you lost away to City, United, Spurs and Chelsea last season only winning the home games against Arsenal and City
Not as simple a an area of improvement to tackle. But yeah, if we basically play like we did this season and improve on our top six record and dropped points from winning positions stats, I think we're in for a title challenge, provided city don't do a repeat of this season.

It's not going to be as linear as that of course. New weaknesses will pop up as we change a bit here and there and the rolls of the dice fall differently. I think that is one of the reasons we need to add more star quality up front as well. Scoring goals is what we do best and we need to make sure we improve even more there to make up for these things.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I think if fit Henderson plays (if he remains the captain).

Unless he gives it VVD or something instead
Klopp seems to put little stock in the armband. Every man and his dog got to wear it in the foregone season.

Minimalist

I think they'll finish 3rd or 4th with around the same points/wins. It is known.

Robbie Boy

This s quickly turning into a Liverpool forum, just like the season they nearly won the league under Rodgers. Give me the City wank-fest any day over all this fawning, ffs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Klopp seems to put little stock in the armband. Every man and his dog got to wear it in the foregone season.
Have to say I'm quite surprised by this. Thought Klopp would be really big on the captain thing and would really want a trusted general on the pitch etc

Harold_Giles

Why anyone on here is worried about Liverpool is beyond me. Let Arsenal and Spurs worry about them, it's them who most likely will be fighting for top 4 alongside Liverpool.
We should focus on City who I'm sure will be our only obstacle in winning the title.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This s quickly turning into a Liverpool forum, just like the season they nearly won the league under Rodgers. Give me the City wank-fest any day over all this fawning, ffs.
Its a completely unjustified wankfest as well. City are a really good team that won 2 trophies. Liverpool went on a cup run and they get more love than Man City who have broken 11 records this season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why anyone on here is worried about Liverpool is beyond me. Let Arsenal and Spurs worry about them, it's them who most likely will be fighting for top 4 alongside Liverpool.
We should focus on City who I'm sure will be our only obstacle in winning the title.
Quite an obstacle at that. It's going to take a monumental effort to haul City back - near impossible given the current gap in class between us and the practically unlimited resources at their disposal.

There are few managers in the game today capable of taking in such an enterprise, fortunately for us Jose is among the few. Honestly I wouldn't put it past him to pull it off. Jose is a natural born winner after all 'finding a way' is what he does.

Fergie would have loved this challenge :(

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Have to say I'm quite surprised by this. Thought Klopp would be really big on the captain thing and would really want a trusted general on the pitch etc
Doesn't seem like it. Fecking Mignolet has worn the armband and he's the least trustworthy or general-ly player we have besides Moreno. Guys like Can, Lovren and Coutinho have also worn it this season. It's borderline trolling.

I reckon with Fabinho coming into the holding role, Henderson will go from 1st choice in his designated position to a similar role to what Can has filling for us - Alternating as a 6 and 8 and generally being the first man off the bench whenever there is a gap in midfield. I wager he will still play far more often than not.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Assessing the season that has ended, we need to get GK, DM, C(A)M and backup LW of decent quality. Those are absolute must.
Why LW? Mane used to be our RW so he can actually play there when Salah needs a rest. But there's no one to back Mane on LW, and even for him that position is not ideal.

Then there are wants, like proper Firmino backup and another good, not injury-prone CB.

We also need to offload Origi, Sturridge and Markowic, plus find a place for talented youth (Woodburn, Wilson, Kent).

What we did so far is found CM (Keita) and DM (Fabinho). Fekir is a good possibility on paper, but he's rather CAM then front 3 backup. Plus, considering how we do transfers recently, he can even be a media smokescreen while we're after someone else. Plus, he's expensive, and if we get him we realistically can add only one more player, while still in need for two. I would rather us go for Zaha or the likes.

Klopp likes to get the guys early so I assume the next few weeks will be crucial.

I'm generally very optimistic about next season. We are getting stronger.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Karius kieving up 2 goals Jurgen got thrown a spanner in the wheels what comes to summer transfers.

I believe he was looking at trainee goalie under Karius and Ward but now he really needs to gor for top drawer one. No way Karius is going to be next season's number 1.

The damage done to player psyche was serious with Loris blunder. How many were/are thinking that do I really want to play in a team with that screw-up?

So IMO a new keeper is a must to restore confidence to current squad and possible transfer targets. Money spent on quality keeper will of course have domino effect on other acquisitions.

I do think Fekir would make a good addition and he really could pitch in those games where opposition parks the bus thus rendering Salah ineffective. Mane can take on defenders in dead ball situations but Salah can't.

If we get oblak/allison + fekir we are good to go give city and united a run for their money.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
All clubs tap up.

Most clubs aren't as stupid as Liverpool in getting caught though. That's the whole point.
It's not about getting caught, but about remaining respectable. Most selling clubs will allow tapping up if it's done discreetly. But, certain clubs take it to a whole new level, like giving stadium tours and spending days out with the squad.

Djemba-Djemba

It's not about getting caught, but about remaining respectable. Most selling clubs will allow tapping up if it's done discreetly. But, certain clubs take it to a whole new level, like giving stadium tours and spending days out with the squad.
Or leaking to the press you've agreed all details with the player before the selling club has agreed to anything?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
are they still after Alisson?

Must admit I've not seen loads on him but from what I've seen from the Serie A and this WC I'm not 100% sure he'll be suited to the PL, obviously they've scouts etc watching him extensively but for £40m+ I'd be looking at other options

Andersons Dietician

There hasn’t been much made of their supposed 130mil bid for Asensio. Apparently 2 previous offers from other clubs had come in and been rejected by Real. Not many clubs would have the financial power to get him so I’m guessing it must be English clubs.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Salah pens a new deal extending to 2023. Yay!

No release clause either in it. ;)
Suarez signed a 4 1/2 year deal in the December and was at Barcelona by the following July. Coutinho signed a 5 year deal January last year, and was gone the year later, would have been sooner if he'd had his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.