Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Suarez signed a 4 1/2 year deal in the December and was at Barcelona by the following July. Coutinho signed a 5 year deal January last year, and was gone the year later, would have been sooner if he'd had his way.
Would take an absolute monster bid to prise Salah away easily above 100m+. I doubt Madrid would be interested at that price and Barca don't need him and not to mention he's not South American.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Suarez signed a 4 1/2 year deal in the December and was at Barcelona by the following July. Coutinho signed a 5 year deal January last year, and was gone the year later, would have been sooner if he'd had his way.
Different situations and even then, that doesn't mean we can't get excited anymore about our best player signing a new contract.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Different situations and even then, that doesn't mean we can't get excited anymore about our best player signing a new contract.
Just teasing mate. I'm hoping he's a one season wonder. Can't be having your lot being good

meamth

Just teasing mate. I'm hoping he's a one season wonder. Can't be having your lot being good
Confidence is a terrifying weapon, once you get it going it can last forever.

Didn't seem to lose it in world cup either. Hard wish materialize.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We're sticking with Karius. Time to make like jesus and start practicing some powerful forgiveness.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Good to see Klopp sticking with Karius and not going all out to buy a keeper and completely sidelining him, Karius had been playing pretty well before the UCL final. It's upto Karius now to repay that faith.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see Klopp sticking with Karius and not going all out to buy a keeper and completely sidelining him, Karius had been playing pretty well before the UCL final. It's upto Karius now to repay that faith.
They tried and didn't succeed (at least looks like they didn't succeed for now).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They tried and didn't succeed (at least looks like they didn't succeed for now).
They had a target and they couldn't get him, I mean all out in the case where they are desperate to sign a keeper just to have one play over Karius (i.e if they signed Cilissen without selling Mignolet).

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Maybe Klopp feels goalkeepers are hideously over-priced. Yeah, maybe a few times over the course of a season they'll pull a team out of the shit, but all-in-all it's the 10 outfield players, & the subs, who'll determine the destiny of their respective clubs.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
If the only realistic options are the likes of Butland then we may as well keep Karius. Still need strengthening in other areas of the pitch though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Saw the Curtis Jones highlights in another forum. He looks really good!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So Shaqiri is looking close to being done, which is good. Definitely a better bench/rotational player than anyone we have for the front 3 right now, so I'm happy with that. Obviously we've already signed Fabinho & Keita which is nice n'all, and I'm not too concerned by our defence (except perhaps CB depth)...

But why-o-why can't we just go out and sign a fecking keeper :lol: If we start next season with Karius, my only solution will be to laugh. We've a squad that, in my opinion, has a lot of promise, and while it still might lack in depth in some areas of the pitch, I'm pretty happy overall... Apart from that one thing.

I wish we'd just go big & at least try our hardest to get an Oblak-type signing in.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So Shaqiri is looking close to being done, which is good. Definitely a better bench/rotational player than anyone we have for the front 3 right now, so I'm happy with that. Obviously we've already signed Fabinho & Keita which is nice n'all, and I'm not too concerned by our defence (except perhaps CB depth)...

But why-o-why can't we just go out and sign a fecking keeper :lol: If we start next season with Karius, my only solution will be to laugh. We've a squad that, in my opinion, has a lot of promise, and while it still might lack in depth in some areas of the pitch, I'm pretty happy overall... Apart from that one thing.

I wish we'd just go big & at least try our hardest to get an Oblak-type signing in.
I think (and hope) Danny Ward will get a go. He’s waited in the background, going out on loan whilst Mignolet and Karius consistently cost us.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I think (and hope) Danny Ward will get a go. He’s waited in the background, going out on loan whilst Mignolet and Karius consistently cost us.
I'm not against it, but when it's such a vital area of the pitch - An area we've neglected for so long... An area of the pitch that, is for me, the last real missing piece of the puzzle...

Just feels daft to me. What's our net spend in 2018 if Shaqiri does come in? Can't be much over £50/60m right? And with some players likely to leave, increased revenue from continued CL participation, etc.

Fridge chutney

Liverpool's "bad" players are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Klopp has magnificently nullified Coutinho's departure. He's also strengthened central midfield with Keita and Fabinho.

Liverpool supporters should feel rightfully optimistic about next season.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool's "bad" players are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Klopp has magnificently nullified Coutinho's departure. He's also strengthened central midfield with Keita and Fabinho.

Liverpool supporters should feel rightfully optimistic about next season.
To be fair, I think a lot of your fans gave Lovren credit towards the latter end of our 17/18 campaign, and the only reason his thread's getting attention at the moment is because he's been a bit of a muppet with his comments :lol: Hell, even Henderson was pretty well respected for what he's done in the WC & for us.

But yeah, I like our squad overall. We're still short an attacker (even after Shaqiri comes in), and our CB depth is a bit scary overall, but midfield & fullbacks are sorted, and there's not been a murmur of breaking up that front three of ours.

It's just that keeper... I wonder how much different the 2018 season would've been if you lot had Karius & we had DDG :lol:... Wait, maybe I don't wanna think about it :wenger::houllier:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Liverpool and their goalie things again.

Ive got nowt against Karius after Kyiv but deep down inside I feel he's not the answer . What doesn't fill us with confidence is Klopper a few posts above saying give Danny Ward a chance. Kin' ell lad . That's like realising your Bordeaux wine is shit and then reaching for a Beaujolais.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Liverpool and their goalie things again.

Ive got nowt against Karius after Kyiv but deep down inside I feel he's not the answer . What doesn't fill us with confidence is Klopper a few posts above saying give Danny Ward a chance. Kin' ell lad . That's like realising your Bordeaux wine is shit and then reaching for a Beaujolais.
Yeah, starting a 25-year-old keeper with hardly any top level experience isn't exactly encouraging. Would be a bit like if we had made Sam Johnstone our #1, though Ward has the international experience.

Great for the rest of the league if you don't sign a new keeper but maybe you'll try and get Navas on the cheap if Real sign Courtois/Alisson.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Yeah, starting a 25-year-old keeper with hardly any top level experience isn't exactly encouraging. Would be a bit like if we had made Sam Johnstone our #1, though Ward has the international experience.

Great for the rest of the league if you don't sign a new keeper but maybe you'll try and get Navas on the cheap if Real sign Courtois/Alisson.
What gets me is why is it such a hard position for us to fill ? I can't bend me head around it. Iam not up to date on the latest transfer gossip or whatever but we should go all out on a top keeper for fecksake . I understand Klopp wanting to put his arm around Karius and build be the father figure and build up his confindence after Kyiv but like I've just said. I feel he's not the answer. It's nice to know that us not having a decent keeper is good for the rest of the league as that means you all ( Mancs :D ) see us building , getting stronger and in general challenging again.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Anyway... bed time here....

But feckin ell ... Andy Roberston eh ?

What an old school player he is .It's boss to have a Jock in our team again.

* Edit *

A good one.

Fridge chutney

@Tommy having watched Henderson much more closely he looks like a different player in 2018. Really maturing, and my respect has grown for him a lot.

And then there's the Ox. When he joined Liverpool most supporters were laughing "how did Arsenal get £35M for him". Now they're laughing "how did Arsenal only get £35M for him". It's like night and day watching him play because I remember him being almost useless for Arsenal during the latter stages of his career there.

Re: Karius. Is it possible that he was actually concussed and that's the reason he had the clangers in the CL final? Liverpool had a relatively stable run of goalkeeping before that match I seem to recall. And if he's 24 he still yet may mature into a fine keeper.

Anyway that's enough of being nice about Liverpool for one day. Hopefully you get relegated :)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What gets me is why is it such a hard position for us to fill ? I can't bend me head around it. Iam not up to date on the latest transfer gossip or whatever but we should go all out on a top keeper for fecksake . I understand Klopp wanting to put his arm around Karius and build be the father figure and build up his confindence after Kyiv but like I've just said. I feel he's not the answer. It's nice to know that us not having a decent keeper is good for the rest of the league as that means you all ( Mancs :D ) see us building , getting stronger and in general challenging again.
Well we saw what happened last season with City spending to fix every single one of their problem areas and cruising to the league as a result. You're definitely getting stronger and fixing some issues but not going for a better keeper and CB depth could be something you'll regret and likely something which will stop you from ending your 28 year wait for the league.

Spurs have done nothing, Arsenal have made a few signings but not enough (in my opinion) and Chelsea are an utter mess but could still end up smelling of roses so for me it is looking like Liverpool or United are the teams with the best shot of trying to compete with City for the title and while Liverpool have their issues, United have been needing a right winger and two fullbacks for years so think the lack of reinforcements will be a problem again.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I'm not convinced that changing the keeper will have that much of an effect on our season one way or another. Simon Mignolet is inferior to Karius, yet we hit 84 points with him in goal 4 years ago. DDG is one of the best in the world & has been voted United's best player for something like the 4th season in a row. That hasn't made them title challengers in that time though. We had a world class keeper in Ray Clemence, but I doubt much would have changed in terms of our success if we'd have had merely a decent keeper instead. Same could be said of United & Peter Schmeichel. Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity comes along to get someone better at a good price then it'll be worth pursuing. But I think there's too much over-reaction - most of it based on the CL final - to the suitability of Loris Karius as Liverpool's number one. Me personally, I rather see us spend big money on putting quality into the outfield squad first. At the end of the day they're the boys who'll shape our destiny. It won't be determined by the occasional f**k up that LK throws up from time to time.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ward now promoted to 1st choice.

If goalkeeper were a gender, Klopp would qualify as hardcore misogynist.

Mignolet now wants to stay and fight for his place. Why won't this turd flush?

Kapardin

I'd say Klopp is more of a masochist which it comes to that position.

Big Chomp

The money has dried up.
Haha I doubt that with the champions league money and the premier league money along with what we got for coutinho there should still be plenty of dish lying around to sign two more players.

haram

I read that he would be given a chance to be first choice. Is there confirmation that he is first choice now?

GeorgieBoy

For all the good work they have done building what looks to be a very impressive outfield 10; the complete neglect to get a decent goalkeeper is just staggering. It will almost definitely bite them on the arse yet again.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I'm not convinced that changing the keeper will have that much of an effect on our season one way or another. Simon Mignolet is inferior to Karius, yet we hit 84 points with him in goal 4 years ago. DDG is one of the best in the world & has been voted United's best player for something like the 4th season in a row. That hasn't made them title challengers in that time though. We had a world class keeper in Ray Clemence, but I doubt much would have changed in terms of our success if we'd have had merely a decent keeper instead. Same could be said of United & Peter Schmeichel. Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity comes along to get someone better at a good price then it'll be worth pursuing. But I think there's too much over-reaction - most of it based on the CL final - to the suitability of Loris Karius as Liverpool's number one. Me personally, I rather see us spend big money on putting quality into the outfield squad first. At the end of the day they're the boys who'll shape our destiny. It won't be determined by the occasional f**k up that LK throws up from time to time.
All great teams have had great keepers though mate. Going from the top of my head.

Forest - Shilton
Liverpool - Clemence
Everton - Southall
United - Schmiechel

Many more too .

When Clemence played for us we were that good we didn't need a keeper. :)

Awaits a divvy to mention the pass back rule.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
@Tommy having watched Henderson much more closely he looks like a different player in 2018. Really maturing, and my respect has grown for him a lot.

And then there's the Ox. When he joined Liverpool most supporters were laughing "how did Arsenal get £35M for him". Now they're laughing "how did Arsenal only get £35M for him". It's like night and day watching him play because I remember him being almost useless for Arsenal during the latter stages of his career there.

Re: Karius. Is it possible that he was actually concussed and that's the reason he had the clangers in the CL final? Liverpool had a relatively stable run of goalkeeping before that match I seem to recall. And if he's 24 he still yet may mature into a fine keeper.

Anyway that's enough of being nice about Liverpool for one day. Hopefully you get relegated :)
Yes you need to watch that, if it continues you may need to see a doctor.

My prediction for us in the coming season is that we will again go deep into the CL - semi-final or maybe even final again (tho prob then get beat by Madrid or Barca!). European football, especially the two leg knock-out stage really suits us. I'm not so sure how much we will improve in the prem, it will take a lot for anyone to dislodge City, but if we have a better start than last year hopefully we can stay in the reckoning for longer.

The GK situation is doing my head in - just fecking buy someone decent. No matter whether Karius was concussed or not (even if he was it's still impossible to be sure that's why he fecked up in final) he has been dodgy since day one. If he can't hold a simple shot in a pre-season friendly against Tranmere then what will he be like in competitive games. Plus the timing of that fecking Hollywood video is just woeful - should be keeping his head down not making shite promo's like that.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think a concussion excuses Madrid's first goal in that final. Ridiculous mistake to make in the biggest game of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.