Liverpool 2020-21

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fair point about your high points, I suppose it’s just showing the biggest drop off in performance
I think this video highlights our problems this season, and how Klopp has failed to adapt to the injuries so far.

There‘s an Interesting point in there about teams playing in low blocks more due to the quick turnaround between seasons and trying to conserve energy more. We’ve struggled a lot recently against teams playing this way and have had a tonne of possession without doing anything with it. I’ve often thought that we’ve been too slow in our build up. Thiago’s lack of energy and Trent’s deeper positioning recently are also issues.

There have been complaints on here about how Solskjaer has set United up in the bigger games, but maybe he’s opted for that approach to try and avoid tiring in those games.

Klopp needs to find a way to get us playing with the players he has available, but hasn’t adapted well to the circumstances.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What is going on with liverpool? Complacency? End of a cycle? Cant just be the injuries to VVD and Gomez.
Theyre burnt out by the looks of it. TAA, Salah and Mane are also poor this season compared to the two last seasons so they struggle massively with creating chances

Maybe 1-2 key signings can get them back to league contenders, but i actually doubt it

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think this video highlights our problems this season, and how Klopp has failed to adapt to the injuries so far.

There‘s an Interesting point in there about teams playing in low blocks more due to the quick turnaround between seasons and trying to conserve energy more. We’ve struggled a lot recently against teams playing this way and have had a tonne of possession without doing anything with it. I’ve often thought that we’ve been too slow in our build up. Thiago’s lack of energy and Trent’s deeper positioning recently are also issues.

There have been complaints on here about how Solskjaer has set United up in the bigger games, but maybe he’s opted for that approach to try and avoid tiring in those games.

Klopp needs to find a way to get us playing with the players he has available, but hasn’t adapted well to the circumstances.
I seen carragher do a bit on MNF showing how Ancellotti shut down liverpools wingbacks, that was a massive part of your game and I can see more managers paying these wingbacks more attention

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I seen carragher do a bit on MNF showing how Ancellotti shut down liverpools wingbacks, that was a massive part of your game and I can see more managers paying these wingbacks more attention
Ancellotti didn't pioneer that strategy, he re-used it as it worked for all the other teams in the past 2 months. I read somewhere that Everton players let slip that they teamed up against Mane and Salah and let Firmino shoot. Damning on Bobby and specially Klopp to be out thought so easily. I have a feeling Jurgen's mind has not been fully on the job since his mum got ill, subsequently passing away.

This is not playing the victim card as you all like to jump on. We've been shit and there are many reasons, not just injuries, or Klopp, or Covid.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ancellotti didn't pioneer that strategy, he re-used it as it worked for all the other teams in the past 2 months. I read somewhere that Everton players let slip that they teamed up against Mane and Salah and let Firmino shoot. Damning on Bobby and specially Klopp to be out thought so easily. I have a feeling Jurgen's mind has not been fully on the job since his mum got ill, subsequently passing away.

This is not playing the victim card as you all like to jump on. We've been shit and there are many reasons, not just injuries, or Klopp, or Covid.
I didn’t mean to imply he pioneered it, fans have been seeing it for two years, just that it seems to be working.

probably one of the reasons you got Thiago is to have another source of assist, it just hasn’t worked out.

dinostar77

Thats a huge blow for liverpool. Its inconceivable to think they could miss out on CL qualification next season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m always gutted for players when they get injured before international tournaments to be honest.

Liverpool will miss him, Just one of those things or been worked too hard I wonder?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That's Liverpool's title hopes over then.
Our title hopes have been finished for a few weeks. Title winners don't lose 1-0 to Burnley & Brighton at home back to back.

Jota was back in training today so maybe he'll spark a bit of life into us up top. Van Dijk is back outside training again as well. Doubt he'll be risked this season.