Liverpool 2020-21

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fair point about your high points, I suppose it’s just showing the biggest drop off in performance
I think this video highlights our problems this season, and how Klopp has failed to adapt to the injuries so far.

There‘s an Interesting point in there about teams playing in low blocks more due to the quick turnaround between seasons and trying to conserve energy more. We’ve struggled a lot recently against teams playing this way and have had a tonne of possession without doing anything with it. I’ve often thought that we’ve been too slow in our build up. Thiago’s lack of energy and Trent’s deeper positioning recently are also issues.

There have been complaints on here about how Solskjaer has set United up in the bigger games, but maybe he’s opted for that approach to try and avoid tiring in those games.

Klopp needs to find a way to get us playing with the players he has available, but hasn’t adapted well to the circumstances.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What is going on with liverpool? Complacency? End of a cycle? Cant just be the injuries to VVD and Gomez.
Theyre burnt out by the looks of it. TAA, Salah and Mane are also poor this season compared to the two last seasons so they struggle massively with creating chances

Maybe 1-2 key signings can get them back to league contenders, but i actually doubt it

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think this video highlights our problems this season, and how Klopp has failed to adapt to the injuries so far.

There‘s an Interesting point in there about teams playing in low blocks more due to the quick turnaround between seasons and trying to conserve energy more. We’ve struggled a lot recently against teams playing this way and have had a tonne of possession without doing anything with it. I’ve often thought that we’ve been too slow in our build up. Thiago’s lack of energy and Trent’s deeper positioning recently are also issues.

There have been complaints on here about how Solskjaer has set United up in the bigger games, but maybe he’s opted for that approach to try and avoid tiring in those games.

Klopp needs to find a way to get us playing with the players he has available, but hasn’t adapted well to the circumstances.
I seen carragher do a bit on MNF showing how Ancellotti shut down liverpools wingbacks, that was a massive part of your game and I can see more managers paying these wingbacks more attention

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I seen carragher do a bit on MNF showing how Ancellotti shut down liverpools wingbacks, that was a massive part of your game and I can see more managers paying these wingbacks more attention
Ancellotti didn't pioneer that strategy, he re-used it as it worked for all the other teams in the past 2 months. I read somewhere that Everton players let slip that they teamed up against Mane and Salah and let Firmino shoot. Damning on Bobby and specially Klopp to be out thought so easily. I have a feeling Jurgen's mind has not been fully on the job since his mum got ill, subsequently passing away.

This is not playing the victim card as you all like to jump on. We've been shit and there are many reasons, not just injuries, or Klopp, or Covid.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ancellotti didn't pioneer that strategy, he re-used it as it worked for all the other teams in the past 2 months. I read somewhere that Everton players let slip that they teamed up against Mane and Salah and let Firmino shoot. Damning on Bobby and specially Klopp to be out thought so easily. I have a feeling Jurgen's mind has not been fully on the job since his mum got ill, subsequently passing away.

This is not playing the victim card as you all like to jump on. We've been shit and there are many reasons, not just injuries, or Klopp, or Covid.
I didn’t mean to imply he pioneered it, fans have been seeing it for two years, just that it seems to be working.

probably one of the reasons you got Thiago is to have another source of assist, it just hasn’t worked out.

dinostar77

Thats a huge blow for liverpool. Its inconceivable to think they could miss out on CL qualification next season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m always gutted for players when they get injured before international tournaments to be honest.

Liverpool will miss him, Just one of those things or been worked too hard I wonder?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That's Liverpool's title hopes over then.
Our title hopes have been finished for a few weeks. Title winners don't lose 1-0 to Burnley & Brighton at home back to back.

Jota was back in training today so maybe he'll spark a bit of life into us up top. Van Dijk is back outside training again as well. Doubt he'll be risked this season.

dbs235

That's Liverpool's title hopes over then.
A few years ago I bet you wouldn't have been expecting to say that a teams title hopes rest with Jordan Henderson :lol: Shows how far he's come.

dinostar77

Alledgedly liverpool have made an informal offer of €40mil plus adddons for koubailly according to Tranfer Window Podcast. Koubailly will be 30 in june. Still him and VVD as a partnership would be some sight to behold.

croadyman

God I just heard supposed Utd fan Goldstein just use the term King Kenny what the hell is that about

Red00012

Any chance they could end up in the Europa Conference League next season instead of Europa ? :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All apologies at this stage are empty. It takes a complete disregard for the game as a whole to sign up for this idea. Better than nothing but it means feck all. Glazers and all the other owners can also do one.

Loon

:lol:
All apologies at this stage are empty. It takes a complete disregard for the game as a whole to sign up for this idea. Better than nothing but it means feck all. Glazers and all the other owners can also do one.
Yup. It's quite obvious all these people (us included) have had their PR people up all night working on damage control. The above is FSG's response. Glazier's is sack the lackey and maintain silence (for now).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Extraordinary that they look likely to end up outside the CL places after being hailed as the best team in Europe (and best team ever to win the Prem).

If we manage to beat them on Thursday it would be all but confirmed. Hope we have enough in the tank.

Keano was right: "bad champions" and it's not like they replaced a SAF with a Moyes.

I confess that I felt a bit worried about how good a team they were assembling, but I would never have expected them to implode like they have, and if they end up outside the CL for next season, but still having to play Thursdays in Europa...well, that would be just brilliant :D

Do wish them a change in ownership though, like ourselves. Big picture and all.

Jaxa

I think it’s really shows teams are so unpredictable especially in England,

I swear everybody was saying they’re about to dominate for years and if they were that good an injury to admittedly there best player should not derail a season as bad as it has, I think that’s a massive excuse for them, they were shite before Van Djik got injured this season.

1 more bad season and I see Klopp leaving.

Bearded One

Extraordinary that they look likely to end up outside the CL places after being hailed as the best team in Europe (and best team ever to win the Prem).

If we manage to beat them on Thursday it would be all but confirmed. Hope we have enough in the tank.

Keano was right: "bad champions" and it's not like they replaced a SAF with a Moyes.

I confess that I felt a bit worried about how good a team they were assembling, but I would never have expected them to implode like they have, and if they end up outside the CL for next season, but still having to play Thursdays in Europa...well, that would be just brilliant :D

Do wish them a change in ownership though, like ourselves. Big picture and all.
In their defence I’d like to say that there is no perfect player, strategy, team, no perfect manager, etc etc. In fact I feel like in today’s game it is harder to have stars that are 20 steps ahead of everyone else (the way it was when people like Diego Maradona were trailing the blaze) because there is better tactical understanding as well as enough material and resources to limit the influence of star players/managers as much as is feasible. I am convinced that Klopp is one of the very best there is today.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

I swear everybody was saying they’re about to dominate for years and if they were that good an injury to admittedly there best player should not derail a season as bad as it has, I think that’s a massive excuse for them, they were shite before Van Djik got injured this season.

We’ve been poor and should have done better but it’s a little disingenuous to say it’s one bad injury. We’ve had about 20 plus CB combinations and each of our CBS have had season ending injuries.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

This ‘one injury’ line is a load of rubbish. We’ve had numerous injuries to key players throughout the season and it’s had a huge impact. We’re not City with two players in every position. I think losing Jota for three months was a particularly bad one. It forced us to rely on an out of form Firmino and Origi.

That being said, losing six at home in a row was so poor. West Ham and Leicester have been below par recently but we blew it ages ago. The defeats to Burnley, Brighton and Fulham were inexplicable and inexcusable.

I don’t think it’ll be hard to recover from it next season personally. The league is fairly volatile so it’s not a huge ask to get back in there again. The Europa League is also fairly winnable if we manage it well. We do need to freshen up the squad. Be interesting to see how we look at the start of next season in terms of personnel.

Jaxa

This ‘one injury’ line is a load of rubbish. We’ve had numerous injuries to key players throughout the season and it’s had a huge impact. We’re not City with two players in every position. I think losing Jota for three months was a particularly bad one. It forced us to rely on an out of form Firmino and Origi.

That being said, losing six at home in a row was so poor. West Ham and Leicester have been below par recently but we blew it ages ago. The defeats to Burnley, Brighton and Fulham were inexplicable and inexcusable.

I don’t think it’ll be hard to recover from it next season personally. The league is fairly volatile so it’s not a huge ask to get back in there again. The Europa League is also fairly winnable if we manage it well. We do need to freshen up the squad. Be interesting to see how we look at the start of next season in terms of personnel.
But this is the thing, Liverpool fans and the media always act like no other top team has to deal with injuries and you guys have had the first injured players ever, everyone has injuries, you were just extremely lucky in your title winning season to either have none or very little, do you know how fortunate that is ?

For the last 2-3 seasons now we've had a decent amount of injuries to key players such as Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Cavani throughout a season which weakened out team, City, Leicester, Spurs, Chelsea have had injuries but still kicked on,

Of course Van Dijk being out for a season is a massive blow but it's not like you've been without your other 2 star men Mane & Salah through injury, Fabinho has been available for most of your season, Trent & Andy Robertson too, the core of your title winning team have been there or thereabouts for the majority of the season, the truth is Liverpool have massively underachieved for whatever reason and Van Dijk is just papering the cracks.

I get not winning the title but to be as disastrous as you have been that's not purely down to injuries.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Amazing team. Mentality monsters.

Repeat after me. What. A. Fall. Off.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

It's been a good weekend judging by opposition fans' disappointment. Not a glorious one because we're used to winning PL/CL trophies but this will do for now. We can win them things next season.