Liverpool 2021/2022

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Trent out for any period is a massive blow. It’s the only position we don’t have any depth in.

Hopefully he can make it for the city game which is in 3 weeks. We can cope in the others.

MUFC OK

Trent out for any period is a massive blow. It’s the only position we don’t have any depth in.

Hopefully he can make it for the city game which is in 3 weeks. We can cope in the others.
I thought it was just a ploy so he could get rested for England games? Wouldn't surprise me.

shaky

Going to go down as the greatest English side of all time. All 4 competitions won.
They're not even the best English team of their era, but will somehow be the best of all time?

Corridor of Uncertainty

I'm sure he'll make a miraculous recovery as soon as the international break is over.

I can't take these insufferable cnuts winning the quadruple.

MUFC OK

They're not even the best English team of their era, but will somehow be the best of all time?
You wouldn't be able to argue against a quadruple winning team, I'm sorry. Rightly for once, we would never hear the end of it.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

15 days until the next PL game and that's home to Watford. If Liverpool had 5 games in 2 weeks it would be a miss but I think this is precautionary at the *right* time.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
15 days until the next PL game and that's home to Watford. If Liverpool had 5 games in 2 weeks it would be a miss but I think this is precautionary at the *right* time.
It’s definitely come at the right time, but it’s odd he said weeks rather than just after the international break.

Trent’s a resilient one, I’d expect he’s chomping at the bit to get back fit in such a crucial part of the season. Having him unavailable for both city home and away over a season could end up being critical.

MUFC OK

I would love it to be, but I can’t actually remember a single time Klopp has done that.
He's irreplaceable for you. Only think it's an issue for the City game though, the rest you'll win without him.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He's irreplaceable for you. Only think it's an issue for the City game though, the rest you'll win without him.
I agree, it would make the difference in that game. The others will be tough but we’d manage.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp will slot in Gomez for the time being providing he’s fit.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Fecking hope not!!! :nervous: :houllier:
Why not? He's the only one who can really do a serviceable job there.

The young players are too inexperienced/ not good enough and Milner is too old/ vulnerable to pace.

I would have liked to see Klopp try and make a Victor Moses style auxiliary RB out of Ox but it's never happened. Think he has the Crossing ability and work rate to get up and down, probably weak defensively but who isn't.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I highly doubt its a significant injury as he finished the match against Arsenal.

My guess is that his hamstring is feeling a little sore or not recovering well and he wasn't going to play in the FA Cup tie this weekend anyway so why not announce the injury in a way that gets him out of England duty (which is just friendlies anyway) and gives him some extra rest before the business end of the season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why not? He's the only one who can really do a serviceable job there.

The young players are too inexperienced/ not good enough and Milner is too old/ vulnerable to pace.

I would have liked to see Klopp try and make a Victor Moses style auxiliary RB out of Ox but it's never happened. Think he has the Crossing ability and work rate to get up and down, probably weak defensively but who isn't.
No thanks, and thrice no thanks. Milner is great at RB, even at age 54. Much better discipline and better delivery than Gomez provides there. Gomez is fine at CB.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
No thanks, and thrice no thanks. Milner is great at RB, even at age 54. Much better discipline and better delivery than Gomez provides there. Gomez is fine at CB.
Do you remember the last time Milner played City at RB? I thought a Liverpool would still be having Vietnam style flashbacks about the roasting that Foden gave him.

Milner has been a complete defensive liability at RB for at least 2/3 years when Zaha gave him a torrid time and he was sent off.

Better delivery than Gomez no doubt about it but not enough to make it worth risking him there vs City again.

Irwin99

Hate to say it but the job Klopp has done with Liverpool is nothing short of incredible. To compete with City, in some respects like we did when Chelsea were the moneybags of the league (2004-2011), and to be feared in Europe again after being a joke for so long, is testament to the work he's done.

Think there's a good chance they will win either the league or the champions league this season (or maybe both :nervous: ). Depressing!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Gomez will do fine against Forest and Watford as would Milner. And they both defend better than TAA.I don’t think we will be missing crosses too much. When we get to Benfica and City is the worry.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sure he'll make a miraculous recovery as soon as the international break is over.

Convenient that the injury is just enough to miss Internationals and be ready for the run in

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Convenient that the injury is just enough to miss Internationals and be ready for the run in
It's not like Southgate plays him (or knows how to use him effectively) anyway.

Don't think either of them are missing out due to the injury. The media circus around if he will get picked and (if he does get picked) where will he play every international break is boring.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
As racing club has said above but I will paraphrase for emotion: Southgate Can Get Well And Truly Fecked!

copen1945

Liverpool versus Bayern in the semifinal should be tasty. Lewandowski will have to prevent the unthinkable.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Do you remember the last time Milner played City at RB? I thought a Liverpool would still be having Vietnam style flashbacks about the roasting that Foden gave him.

Milner has been a complete defensive liability at RB for at least 2/3 years when Zaha gave him a torrid time and he was sent off.

Better delivery than Gomez no doubt about it but not enough to make it worth risking him there vs City again.
Agree with this, he doesn’t have the turning circle and pace to play against city. If TAA is unavailable we have to go with Gomez there. Milner will probably be fine in the other fixtures but that one in particular is a big no.

Nero

They look good for the quadruple, unfortunately.
How do you work that one out? It would the rarest achievement in the history of football.

The most likely outcome is they win no more trophies this season and finish with the League Cup.

copen1945

How do you work that one out? It would the rarest achievement in the history of football.

The most likely outcome is they win no more trophies this season and finish with the League Cup.
The semifinal and the final with opponents they dealt with easily. For the league, there is the deciding game against an opponent they dealt with easily, with whom they will probably meet in the CL final. It is difficult but likely. They look better for it than Man City did last season, in comparison.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I highly doubt its a significant injury as he finished the match against Arsenal.

My guess is that his hamstring is feeling a little sore or not recovering well and he wasn't going to play in the FA Cup tie this weekend anyway so why not announce the injury in a way that gets him out of England duty (which is just friendlies anyway) and gives him some extra rest before the business end of the season.

:lol:

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool

Well the first part of your post is right.
Now let's hope the rest comes true as well.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Got it done after all then.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Amazing. If the tap in merchant has said it's done then it's done. Hope he's as good as the hype.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They're resigning Coutinho. It should be illegal. 30 points deduction.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Congrats, looks like an amazing player in the making.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Knew that'd end up being done later when we loaned Nico Williams to Fulham at the end of January.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How can a team work this hard, play so many games and get so few injuries? What the feck can we learn from these cnuts?