Liverpool 2021/2022

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People talk about the amount they press but they're actually 6th lowest in the league for total "pressures". As with City (who are lowest in the league by the same measure) it's less about sheer continous workrate across the board and more about ensuring that when you do press you do so the right places with the right intensity. Because if you're dominating on the ball as well the overall workload required off the ball naturally drops.

Also, we're comparing them to our sacks of shite, with Rangnick already having openly pointed to our lack of physicality and our injury record as issues. We're not the norm.

Josh 76

People talk about the amount they press but they're actually 6th lowest in the league for total "pressures". As with City (who are lowest in the league by the same measure) it's less about sheer continous workrate across the board and more about ensuring that when you do press you do so the right places with the right intensity. Because if you're dominating on the ball as well the overall workload required off the ball naturally drops.

Also, we're comparing them to our sacks of shite, with Rangnick already having openly pointed to our lack of physicality and our injury record as issues. We're not the norm.
That’s interesting

Wayne's World

Biggest cover up job since Lance Armstrong. They can say all they want about their medical science and department but I find it hard to believe that they are so miles clear of other top clubs in that department.

Thiago seems to have gained 10 yards of pace since he joined when he never ran in his entire career at Bayern and Barcelona

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Biggest cover up job since Lance Armstrong. They can say all they want about their medical science and department but I find it hard to believe that they are so miles clear of other top clubs in that department.

Thiago seems to have gained 10 yards of pace since he joined when he never ran in his entire career at Bayern and Barcelona
Cheers Wayne’s World. Huge if true.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently we're on 135 goals for the season, with 138 being the current club record. Insane output and this is with Salah being slightly off the boil in front of goal recently.

We still might end up with just a League Cup when it's all said and done which seems crazy considering how good we've been this season. I do think we'll beat Chelsea though.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Apparently we're on 135 goals for the season, with 138 being the current club record. Insane output and this is with Salah being slightly off the boil in front of goal recently.

We still might end up with just a League Cup when it's all said and done which seems crazy considering how good we've been this season. I do think we'll beat Chelsea though.
Small margins eh. Lose two games against some of the best teams in the world (Chelsea and City/Real) with City winning all league games, and people will look back at your season as a missed opportunity. Win those two games and City drops points, and it's your best season ever.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Going on to become the greatest english team ever. Please someone stop them.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Small margins eh. Lose two games against some of the best teams in the world (Chelsea and City/Real) with City winning all league games, and people will look back at your season as a missed opportunity. Win those two games and City drops points, and it's your best season ever.
This is probably why a quadruple hasn’t been done before. We could lose five games all season and win one League Cup.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is probably why a quadruple hasn’t been done before. We could lose five games all season and win one League Cup.
FA Cup final is in the bag and the CL final I'd say 80% sure as well right now. We don't have it in our own hands in the league so all we can do is keep winning our games and see where we'll end up. For me it's FA Cup > CL > PL in terms of achievability at the moment.

Really really really hope that Real do the business against City next week - a CL final against City would be almost unbearable.

Josh 76

FA Cup final is in the bag and the CL final I'd say 80% sure as well right now. We don't have it in our own hands in the league so all we can do is keep winning our games and see where we'll end up. For me it's FA Cup > CL > PL in terms of achievability at the moment.

Really really really hope that Real do the business against City next week - a CL final against City would be almost unbearable.
You got more chance of beating Real in the final than Chelsea. But if City get their, then it’s 50/50.

I think City’s banana skin in League is the home game against Newcastle, which is few days after the 2nd leg. If City can beat leeds, draw in Madrid, then beat Newcastle. It will all go down to Westham away. Bet all the scousers will be supporting Frankfurt tonight!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You got more chance of beating Real in the final than Chelsea. But if City get their, then it’s 50/50.

I think City’s banana skin in League is the home game against Newcastle, which is few days after the 2nd leg. If City can beat leeds, draw in Madrid, then beat Newcastle. It will all go down to Westham away. Bet all the scousers will be supporting Frankfurt tonight!
Yeah I will be but not sure if it makes that much of a difference. Get to the EL final and they'll rest a lot of their key players but they will still be training sharp and every starter will give it their all to show the coach they are also ready for the final. Go out in the EL and they might have nothing left to play for when the City game comes around, if they've switched off by then, City will cruise past them.

The CL and FA cup is where it's at for me, since we don't have it in our own hands in the league. Just win our remaining games and we'll see where we end up.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Neil Jones (Goal.com and a very reliable source for all things LFC) has just posted that Liverpool are starting talks with Klopp over a new 4 year contract. Apparently, Klopp's agent was in attendance last night and Klopp has indicated that he is willing to stay beyond his current deal which ends in 2024.

As a Liverpool fan, I couldn't be happier with this news!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Neil Jones (Goal.com and a very reliable source for all things LFC) has just posted that Liverpool are starting talks with Klopp over a new 4 year contract. Apparently, Klopp's agent was in attendance last night and Klopp has indicated that he is willing to stay beyond his current deal which ends in 2024.

As I said on the quadruple thread, this would be the most important trophy we win this season. Huge.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

Would be huge if true. The news about his wife going to away games and sitting with the fans did make me optimistic but I didn’t want to read too much in to it. I think age wise if he signs a four year contract it’ll take him to 60. Which considering he’s always said he won’t go on like SAF and Wenger did forever seems like a number he’d either retire at or do the national team for a tournament or two after a break.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Would be huge if true. The news about his wife going to away games and sitting with the fans did make me optimistic but I didn’t want to read too much in to it. I think age wise if he signs a four year contract it’ll take him to 60. Which considering he’s always said he won’t go on like SAF and Wenger did forever seems like a number he’d either retire at or do the national team for a tournament or two after a break.
Paul Joyce has just tweeted similar. There's definitely something in it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Wow, that's massive. That will also encourage top class players in 2023 to still come to Liverpool - would be a bit of a risk otherwise if they didn't know who we would bring in after him in 2024.

He must really love it there if he's willing to come back on his earlier comments that he'd be gone after his current contract. Has he ever done a full squad rebuild while staying competitive though? Just wondering, because if he signs a contract through 2028, he'll definitely need to replace the likes of Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago, Salah and Mane, i.e. pretty much most of our important players.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Such nonsense. Probably never watched Thiago play before. No clue but an opinion

Wayne's World

Such nonsense. Probably never watched Thiago play before. No clue but an opinion
I've watched Thiago since he was a kid at Barcelona, I know his game and I find it hard to believe he's developed pace at his age when he couldn't adjust to it at Barcelona or Bayern and now can out pace players.

Brilliant player but how the feck does sports science develop that level of acceleration when Barcelona and Bayern couldn't with their medical departments? It's completely mind-boggling to me

Bestietom

Ten Hag will turn it around for United within next couple of years and they will be a force again, so Liverpool fans should enjoy their ONE premiership in 32 years for now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've watched Thiago since he was a kid at Barcelona, I know his game and I find it hard to believe he's developed pace at his age when he couldn't adjust to it at Barcelona or Bayern and now can out pace players.

Brilliant player but how the feck does sports science develop that level of acceleration when Barcelona and Bayern couldn't with their medical departments? It's completely mind-boggling to me
Didn't watch him a lot this season then. He is always out-run by opponents if a counter is going on.

Davie Moyes

Wow, that's massive. That will also encourage top class players in 2023 to still come to Liverpool - would be a bit of a risk otherwise if they didn't know who we would bring in after him in 2024.

He must really love it there if he's willing to come back on his earlier comments that he'd be gone after his current contract. Has he ever done a full squad rebuild while staying competitive though? Just wondering, because if he signs a contract through 2028, he'll definitely need to replace the likes of Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago, Salah and Mane, i.e. pretty much most of our important players.
The club are recruiting well full stop and have been for a long while so don't see why not. The best way to rebuild is continuously add the odd player here and there whilst the team is strong rather than lots of players at once. Your whole setup is good.

Josh 76

Sometimes it’s good to walk out at the top. Don’t want a repeat of Arsene Wenger!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Didn't watch him a lot this season then. He is always out-run by opponents if a counter is going on.
you’re only lying to yourself. ever since thiago joined, klopp has been injecting him with homeless fetuses, just like he has been doing with the rest of your players.

i’d just about allow that to happen but he’s also keeping these fetuses in battery cages. they’re not allowed to walk around and klopp doesn’t even feed them, he just injects them with horse testosterone and cattle prods them through the bars.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

That's why he managed to achieve an astonishing 29.1 km/h top speed this season according to UEFA. For comparison, Spox clocked him at >30 km/h in 2020.

He isn't outpacing anyone. You can tie his shoe laces when he "runs"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And people seemed confident of him and Pep leaving in a couple of years.

MUFC OK

Never seen a team run like that. The rumours of therapeutic use exemption and 60% of squad being asthmatic have been around for years. Thiago finding this level at his age is beyond suspect.

amolbhatia50k

It's till 2026.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Quite poetic how this exact feeling is presumably how people would feel when Ferguson just carried on chugging league titles out year after year.

Not fun.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Quite poetic how this exact feeling is presumably how people would feel when Ferguson just carried on chugging league titles out year after year.

Not fun.
Lot’s of false dawns back then. I thought when Van Nistelrooy left united would fold. I thought when CR left united would fold but Ferguson kept winning. Not fun at all.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Lot’s of false dawns back then. I thought when Van Nistelrooy left united would fold. I thought when CR left united would fold but Ferguson kept winning. Not fun at all.
There was that time around 2002 when it seemed like he was going to call it quits. He kept going though and added a load more titles. Weren't United linked to Sven when he was England manager?

amolbhatia50k

We need them to drop points in the league. This positivity around them is nauseating. Bloody Mahrez could have buried them.