Liverpool 2021/2022

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
United had to close Carrington for 4 days, two weeks after a new manager arrived. We played the games and of course underperformed and dropped points. Life goes on and the rules are clear and there to be followed by all (including Liverpool).
The rules say that if a team can’t train they can request for a game to be postponed. Life goes on and the rules are there to be followed.

IrishRedDevil

The rules say that if a team can’t train they can request for a game to be postponed. Life goes on and the rules are there to be followed.
Show me where it says that rule? Cheers.

‘’permission for a postponement will not be granted if a club have 14 or more players from their squad list available.’’ You’ve got 14 players, now play the game.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Show me where it says that rule? Cheers.

‘’permission for a postponement will not be granted if a club have 14 or more players from their squad list available.’’ You’ve got 14 players, now play the game.
One of the exceptions specifically refers to teams being unable to train, which Liverpool weren’t able to do today.

IrishRedDevil

If Liverpool can’t play, do they forfeit the game, the same way Spurs got a pass with Leighton Orient last season.

BorisDeLeFora

Poor Karius, it's like that Johnny English film, all the other agents have died, you're the last hope.

Chairman Steve

Yeah I don’t think we can fulfill our fixtures at the moment.

How about we try again say...

*checks when AFCON ends*

…about early February?

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
If Liverpool can’t play, do they forfeit the game, the same way Spurs got a pass with Leighton Orient last season.
They should, but this being Liverpool the authorities will be bending over backwards to ensure this doesn’t happen.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
What a bunch of BS. Different rules for different teams.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

This is becoming ridiculous. You have reserve and U-19 squads, if your senior team can't fill in then play your youngsters.

This is just going to turn into a fixture mess by the end of the season.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If the EFL was fair, they would stipulate that you can only use players that were with you during the postponed date. Arsenal had a real shot with Salah and Mane out.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
If the EFL was fair, they would stipulate that you can only use players that were with you during the postponed date. Arsenal had a real shot with Salah and Mane out.
Should we make the same request off of Leeds for our rearranged game against them? So many teams have had to postpone due to Covid and miss games. Liverpool do it and the world is ending. We haven't been able to train yesterday or today and the current rules state that if a team isn't able to train they can request a postponement.

If Arsenal were playing any other club and the same thing had happened, no one would care.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Just in case anyone was wondering, no the youth team can't play.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Arsenal should get a buy. They had a real chance the way they are playing with AFCON. It seems like an opportunistic move on their part.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They should, but this being Liverpool the authorities will be bending over backwards to ensure this doesn’t happen.
Even though the Leyton Orient thing was in the FA Cup under different rules than this current League Cup matter, or what exactly do you mean? Which "rule bending" took place here, please elaborate?

Again, could you elaborate on which rules were applied differently to Liverpool than to other teams in the same situation? Thanks!

This is becoming ridiculous. You have reserve and U-19 squads, if your senior team can't fill in then play your youngsters.

This is just going to turn into a fixture mess by the end of the season.
Wasn't this also true for every other team in the PL that requested a postponement or am I missing something?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It seems like an opportunistic move on their part.
I'd say there's a more than likely chance we actually fabricated some false positive tests in order to postpone as many games as possible while Salah and Mane are away.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal should get a buy. They had a real chance the way they are playing with AFCON. It seems like an opportunistic move on their part.
So we fabricated false positive tests, decided not to train yesterday or today and then requested the game be postponed?

There are some truly awful takes on this. Where was this outrage when other clubs were postponing games in the league?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool fans being so defensive kinda shows deep down they know they could've played. I'm not blaming the club, they do what's best for them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans being so defensive kinda shows deep down they know they could've played. I'm not blaming the club, they do what's best for them.
Not really, it rather shows that you're being ridiculous on the subject just because it's Liverpool. I've seen mentions of "rule bending" and whatnot but nobody can show me where it states that we are granted a postponement without being entitled to one. This is Covid ffs, it's also for your own player's protection, or would you rather we played with a team full of high risk contacts tomorrow?

But by all means, cry more ;)

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It's the opposite. We haven't even trained yesterday or today. I don't understand where this outrage was when other clubs were getting games postponed a few weeks ago?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wasn't this also true for every other team in the PL that requested a postponement or am I missing something?
100% I don't believe any postponements should have been allowed. Nothing to do specifically to Liverpool.

I can understand that after the first a precedent was set and anyone rejected the chance to postpone would feel hard done by. Though I do think the footballing authorities should be strict on this now given the amount the matches postponed.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Not really, it rather shows that you're being ridiculous on the subject just because it's Liverpool. I've seen mentions of "rule bending" and whatnot but nobody can show me where it states that we are granted a postponement without being entitled to one. This is Covid ffs, it's also for your own player's protection, or would you rather we played with a team full of high risk contacts tomorrow?

But by all means, cry more ;)
Cry more? Don't be a child.

These are difficult times, all teams have had limitations, yours don't seem to me enough to postpone the match. And I think Liverpool fans know it too, but of course they have to defend their club, it's understandable.

I didn't suggest the rules were bent. I do, however, think the rules don't make sense.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's the opposite. We haven't even trained yesterday or today. I don't understand where this outrage was when other clubs were getting games postponed a few weeks ago?
Since you quoted me, I'm not outraged. I think the rules are silly and many clubs are taking advantage of them, Liverpool in this case.

Josh 76

So we fabricated false positive tests, decided not to train yesterday or today and then requested the game be postponed?

There are some truly awful takes on this. Where was this outrage when other clubs were postponing games in the league?
I think the main issue is, Arsenal have lost an advantage. No Mane or Salah gives Arsenal a chance, but now that won’t be the case, it feels wrong that the game is postponed. That’s why this decision is making more headlines than it should.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I think the main issue is, Arsenal have lost an advantage. No Mane or Salah gives Arsenal a chance, but now that won’t be the case, it feels wrong that the game is postponed. That’s why this decision is making more headlines than it should.
Mane and Salah won't be back for either semi final game? The first leg is now later in January so Mane and Salah will still be at the AFCON.

Josh 76

Mane and Salah won't be back for either semi final game? The first leg is now later in January so Mane and Salah will still be at the AFCON.
I’m sure they will some how.

It’s funny how this “Micky mouse” cup has become so important to Liverpool all of a sudden

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Cry more? Don't be a child.

These are difficult times, all teams have had limitations, yours don't seem to me enough to postpone the match. And I think Liverpool fans know it too, but of course they have to defend their club, it's understandable.

I didn't suggest the rules were bent. I do, however, think the rules don't make sense.
I’m not defending anything, merely pointing out that there are obviously reasons to postpone the game. If I thought we got lucky I’d just stay out of this thread and not defend the undefensable.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
‘’permission for a postponement will not be granted if a club have 14 or more players from their squad list available.’’

The game should have been played but being Liverpool rules are bent for them.

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
Two points here:

The Orient comparison isn't really fair on Liverpool, because it's a ruling of the Carabao Cup that any rearranged match needs to be played before the first game of the next round. Orient were unable to fulfil this obligation.
The original date for the Second Leg is now the First Leg, and the rearranged Second Leg will be staged the following week (before Salah and Mane return)

Reactions: Cheimoon

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Keeping up the act, of course.
Training ground will no doubt be opened tomorrow or Friday morning, with most of the squad back.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we have to postpone the Shrewsbury game now.
I’m sure they will some how.

It’s funny how this “Micky mouse” cup has become so important to Liverpool all of a sudden
It's a competitive game we haven't even been able to train for. If we had the numbers available we would've played, as we did against Spurs and Chelsea when we had some floating about.