Liverpool 2021/2022

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
1 win in 6 across all comps for Liverpool (although one of the draws they won the penalty shootout vs Leicester).

The win coming vs Shrewsbury in the FA Cup.

Only 1 loss in that time though, so not all bad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
1 win in 6 across all comps for Liverpool (although one of the draws they won the penalty shootout vs Leicester).

The win coming vs Shrewsbury in the FA Cup.

Only 1 loss in that time though, so not all bad.
Only the loss at Leicester stands out as particularly bad imo. Draws away at Spurs and Chelsea aren't that bad (although we should've won after going 0-2 up at Stamford Bridge). Yesterday showed how vulnerable we are without Salah and Mane.

It certainly hasn't been as good as it was during October-November though, mind you. Not that it matters that much anymore, the league is done and dusted anyway. The away leg at Arsenal will be our most important fixture of the season so far. Should go all out in both domestic cups and of course under Klopp we always have a decent chance in the CL as well.

BorisDeLeFora

Liverpool will go the way of Arsenal, decide they can't compete with City so won't even try, and drift into the scramble for fourth over the next few years as Newcastle start spending.

When Klopp leaves they're fecked in terms of competing at the top.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
According to Klopp, Naby Keita is one of the best midfielders he has ever seen.
Then why does he keep playing James fecking Milner over him all the time?! Keita was fit and available for Chelsea and he started a 36 year old instead.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Klopp: '' We had Salah and Mane out. I think the wind was too heavy today. By the way, did you notice the grass? Somebody forgot to cut it.''

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
A bit of a over reaction. This time next week you could be in the final of the cup and the lead at the top of the premier league could be cut.
There're more issues here than a bad result. It's painfully obvious that we've underinvested since we last had a high spending window (summer 2018). The squad is getting older and I think we're in trouble when Klopp goes. We've fallen into this Arsenal under Wenger thing of FSG being happy as long as the club gets top four. I don't think they care much if the club wins the league or not. If they did they would've given Klopp a bit more to spend.

I do understand that our model isn't the same as City or Chelsea or United in terms of what we can spend. But since 2018 we've had more come in from sales than we've spent on incomings. The average age of the squad is one of the oldest in the league as well.

minoo-utd

Any news about Salah renewal? Hearing some gossip here in Egypt that Pool refuse to meet his demands!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What happened to Joe Gomez?

He was getting to CL finals with Van dijk as much as I remember.

Did he make a lot of mistakes and getting benched for Konate and Matip?

Do Liverpool fans rate him or not?

nomdeplume1325

I think he lacks Matip's forward drives which are a real arrow in Liverpool's quiver. It really helps the team break the lines when teams are compact. I think Gomez lacks this ability or instinct.

Also, he has been injured a lot, so club is probably trying to manage him a bit better to avoid those recurring injuries. He is only still 24, so plenty of time for him to claim the spot.

Emperor

Supports
Ajax

Too injury prone. Otherwise World Class second only to VVD. Liverpool squad loaded with CBs now with VVD first name on the sheet so three players competing to partner him. I think VVD prefer Marip as his partner.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

Its mostly down to unlucky injuries I think.

He was guaranteed starter at the beginning of the 2019/2020 season alongside VVD but injuries derailed that and he has been unable to get back into the team consistently since.

Konate is an absolute beast so unless they get a couple of long-term injuries it seems like his time at Liverpool could be up because he really is too good to be sitting on the bench and allowing his career to stagnate.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

He had a pretty bad injury last year and then we signed Konate. Matip's also been fit for most of the season so Gomez has been pushed to fourth choice. He played at RB for us against Norwich recently. He'll be sold in the summer.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Selling Gomez is an option but I think it will only happen if the player wants it to happen. I don't think Liverpool want to sell such a talented player even though he's had limited game time. One injury to the other three and he'll be used as a place-holder while another gets a rest. Selling him is also reliant on having a replacement worth buying and who is as good as Gomez. I'd say very few clubs in world football have as good a 4th choice CB as Gomez.

His future is not clear.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I also don’t think he’d be demanding to leave, it’s one thing if he was fit and had only had one major injury. He’s had several…this is still the best place for him to recover and regain his level.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed with those opinions, we would be crazy to sell Gomez, unless a ridiculous offer comes in. Konate and Gomez will be 23 and 25 by the start of next season, Matip and VVD both 31. If they get enough semi-regular gametime, I hope they remain happy the next few years. Although I do think it's Klopp's aim to partner Konate with Van Dijk next season. Matip has just been too good to replace right now (and very surprisingly stayed healthy).

copen1945

I've got to the stage where Liverpool winning only two major trophies would feel like a major relief.

What has become of us?
League Cup and FA Cup for them, the league to Chelsea, and CL to Real Madrid will do. A bit realistic, as Chelsea is too far behind. I will have to countenance another Man City league trophy.

Drizzle

League Cup and FA Cup for them, the league to Chelsea, and CL to Real Madrid will do. A bit realistic, as Chelsea is too far behind. I will have to countenance another Man City league trophy.
Honestly I can't see anyone stopping Liverpool now. They have massive momentum at the most important stage in the season. I've seen this before and I know how it goes.

They're beatable but it will take a combination of sheer luck and some other team deciding to take one of their very few chances at key moments to stop them. I'm guessing they'll get 3 trophies, so a kind of plastic treble. But the quadruple is definitely on.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Anyone know where I can put a bet on these horrible twats winning all 3 remaining trophies?

The answer may seem obvious, but I've looked at all the main online bookies and none of them have this bet listed. I've only seen odds on City winning the treble.

Josh 76

Anyone know where I can put a bet on these horrible twats winning all 3 remaining trophies?

The answer may seem obvious, but I've looked at all the main online bookies and none of them have this bet listed. I've only seen odds on City winning the treble.
I physically walked into Coral and asked what the odds were for Liverpool to win the quadruple. (This was a day before the carabao cup final). The woman had to call head office and gave me odds of 100-1. I put down £100.

Funny story. The was an old man standing next to me when I put the bet on. He said, “The Mancs won’t be happy” and I replied, “I am a manc and I hope I lose this bet. I fecking hate them”

he said “hate is a bit strong”. I replied “I was being nice”!

Also put £20 on them to do PL and CL double at 14-1.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This is massive, feck sake.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Hopefully it's just the classic "don't travel for international games and get some rest" and he'll be fine by the City game, but "weeks" isn't really reassuring.

Real Name

Hopefully it's just the classic "don't travel for international games and get some rest" and he'll be fine by the City game, but "weeks" isn't really reassuring.
Bigger blow than Salah out imo cause youse proved you can do it even without Salah, of course if it isnt for months.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Bigger blow than Salah out imo cause youse proved you can do it even without Salah, of course if it isnt for months.
Agreed, no one sees it but recently Trent has gone back to being the best RB in the world again. Defensively solid and offensively better than anything out there. Even his corners are regularly deadly, and they were never that.

Big miss, hopefully he's ready for City.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Agreed, no one sees it but recently Trent has gone back to being the best RB in the world again. Defensively solid and offensively better than anything out there. Even his corners are regularly deadly, and they were never that.

He never was. Also, didn't he just struggle against Martinelli in the last game?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Defensively solid? On what? FIFA?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

He most definitely isn't what I would describe as "Defensively Solid" and Ive watched every Liverpool game this season.

He was better defensively recently but he was ripped to shreds by Martinelli a couple of days ago.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He never was. Also, didn't he just struggle against Martinelli in the last game?
Hendo got done, not him. Once. Otherwise who is Martinelli? I accept when TAA is poor, he's shocking. I've said it myself here. But when he's back on form, oh boy! :drool:

Real Name

I physically walked into Coral and asked what the odds were for Liverpool to win the quadruple. (This was a day before the carabao cup final). The woman had to call head office and gave me odds of 100-1. I put down £100.

Funny story. The was an old man standing next to me when I put the bet on. He said, “The Mancs won’t be happy” and I replied, “I am a manc and I hope I lose this bet. I fecking hate them”

he said “hate is a bit strong”. I replied “I was being nice”!

Also put £20 on them to do PL and CL double at 14-1.
How do you walk other than physically?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
RB might be pushing it since he's no traditional RB, but there is no one playing the position better or influencing his team's overall play more than TAA does from that position. And it's not even close.

Then again there were also loads of people who argued Shaw had overtaken Robertson off the back of one decent Euros campaign with England so these debates are never easy.

MUFC OK

Going to go down as the greatest English side of all time. All 4 competitions won.