Liverpool 2021/2022

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There was that time around 2002 when it seemed like he was going to call it quits. He kept going though and added a load more titles. Weren't United linked to Sven when he was England manager?
SAF was gonna quit back in 02/03 but changed mind. That was another false dawn.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
SAF was gonna quit back in 02/03 but changed mind. That was another false dawn.
Yep and rumoured replacements were Sven-Goran Eriksson, Fabio Capello, certain LVG and even Wenger haha to be honest Capello seemed to me the most logical choice back then - his record in the championships is outstanding but in hindsight now i wonder what would have been if Van Gaal replaced Fergie in 2003!?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Yep and rumoured replacements were Sven-Goran Eriksson, Fabio Capello, certain LVG and even Wenger haha to be honest Capello seemed to me the most logical choice back then - his record in the championships is outstanding but in hindsight now i wonder what would have been if Van Gaal replaced Fergie in 2003!?
And wasn’t Alan Curbishley going well with Charlton around then and his name was in the mix, too? :nervous: :lol:

ariveded

Football can change quickly, and so Klopp getting 2026 doesn't make sense to me. He has big spells of pure struggles both at Dortmund and LFC.

But it's their money, and their is risks involved as well.

Real Name

Football goes in cycles so hopefully he'll have a drop like at Dortmund or we'll be able to turn it around with ETH.

I guess Liverpool fans hoped that for Fergie as well constantly.

Anyway its shit news.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Would have to be some sort of masochist as a United fan to be watching their games at this stage.
So when you say you've 'Never seen a team run like that', you actually meant you never see us play. Gotcha.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
You missed Villarreal out running them last night.
The team with 27% possession will obviously run more than the team with 73% possession. Villarreal only outran Pool by 2% though. The impressive part here is for Liverpool how little the difference was while having 3x the amount of possession.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The team with 27% possession will obviously run more than the team with 73% possession.
Exactly, in the majority of their games they have more possession than their opponents which allows them to run less.

FriedClams

In my time supporting United (since I understood what football was at least) I’ve watched us lift 21 major trophies

In the same amount of time, Liverpool have won 7.

They’ll be off their perch before too long.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Already getting fed up of this Dipper love in. Virtually every news outlet I go to, I see articles saying they're better than any of their old teams and/or English fans should join forces and support their quad bid.

Fecking ridiculous.

Hoof the ball

Pressures this season. Bold for team having completed most in a particular area.

Overall -
Liverpool - 4601
United - 4653

Defensive 3rd -
Liverpool - 1121
United - 1584

Middle 3rd -
Liverpool - 2051
United - 2043

Attacking 3rd -
Liverpool - 1429
United - 1026

Tackles and interceptions -
Liverpool - 985 (3rd lowest in the league)
United - 1104

It's their positioning. Positioning, positioning, positioning.

When they pressure the distance to cover is shorter, so it seems as though they've run more to cover more ground. When we pressure the distance to cover is longer, so we do actually have to cover more ground, and therein lies the reason for our ineffectiveness. Expecting players to cover longer distances as a group is inefficient.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Already getting fed up of this Dipper love in. Virtually every news outlet I go to, I see articles saying they're better than any of their old teams and/or English fans should join forces and support their quad bid.

Fecking ridiculous.
Yeah I'm not expecting United fans to want Liverpool to win anything. We're awful when we win stuff. :lol:
Pressures this season. Bold for team having completed most in a particular area.

Overall -
Liverpool - 4601
United - 4653

Defensive 3rd -
Liverpool - 1121
United - 1584

Middle 3rd -
Liverpool - 2051
United - 2043

Attacking 3rd -
Liverpool - 1429
United - 1026

United - 1104

When they pressure the distance to cover is shorter, so it seems as though they've run more to cover more ground. When we pressure the distance to cover is longer, so we do actually have to cover more ground, and therein lies the reason for our ineffectiveness. Expecting players to cover longer distances as a group is inefficient.
So my take away from this is that...United are doping.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Overall -
Liverpool - 4601
United - 4653

Defensive 3rd -
Liverpool - 1121
United - 1584

Middle 3rd -
Liverpool - 2051
United - 2043

Attacking 3rd -
Liverpool - 1429
United - 1026

United - 1104

bingo.

our disorganisation makes it harder for us. we have to run more to win the ball back instead of using that energy positively.

Hopefully ETH can fix this asap. That and playing out from the back without panicking.

Friston

Overall -
Liverpool - 4601
United - 4653

Defensive 3rd -
Liverpool - 1121
United - 1584

Middle 3rd -
Liverpool - 2051
United - 2043

Attacking 3rd -
Liverpool - 1429
United - 1026

United - 1104

Correct. More precisely, it is their counter-pressing formation. They already have their counter-pressing formation ready while they are in possession so that they only have short distances to press once they lose the ball. Same as City. As you said, counter-pressing with long-distance sprints simply doesn't work, and if anything, is a horrific tactical approach. It really shows how far behind we've fallen tactically that our fans are so surprised that this level of pressing is possible without 'drugs', even though it has been a staple of the Bundesliga for years now.

Great teams don't cover longer distances, they just create the illusion that they do.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Kiru

Supports
Liverpool
1985/86: 41
2019/20: 41
2021/22: 42
A club record for wins in all competitions during a single season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah I'm not expecting United fans to want Liverpool to win anything. We're awful when we win stuff. :lol:

So my take away from this is that...United are doping.
Truth is they probably are. Everybody is. What I really want though is some of them isotonic potions that swimmers guy makes for you. Not that I think they're illegal just because I hate getting old.

DevilRed

pains me to say it but this is their year.

hopefully salah fecks off and they slink back into mediocrity where they belong

Josh 76

City are the only team on this planet that can beat these lot, but there is more than one team on this planet that can beat City.
That’s why I think they will win the lot!

Irwin99

Thought they'd drop points against Newcastle. Spurs game will be key. Win that and it could be theirs :(

Tavern in the town

pains me to say it but this is their year.

hopefully salah fecks off and they slink back into mediocrity where they belong
They’ve cracked the transfer market. It doesn’t really matter if Salah leaves because they’ll just sign someone who hits the ground running and slots right in for ~50 million.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has anyone in world football ever won a quadruple in history?

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
They played wed night and played now Saturday morning like they haven't played in weeks. Energy levels don't make sense of the same group of players.

Tavern in the town

They played wed night and played now Saturday morning like they haven't played in weeks. Energy levels don't make sense of the same group of players.
They rested half their team. Not sure if that’s what you’re getting at but doping conspiracies are a bit embarrassing, it reminds me of how they used to say we buy the refs under Fergie.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Has anyone in world football ever won a quadruple in history?
2009 barca won 6 trophies out of 6 in the same season but can't be classed as a quadruple as they only have 1 national Cup competition. They did win the Spanish supercup so maybe.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool made five changes from Wednesday but I’m intrigued as to what you think doesn’t make sense?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Someone posted yesterday in this thread that United have put more distance in. We’re just very well coached when it comes to pressing or “chasing” as Pep Lijnders calls it.