Liverpool 2022/23

Oranges038

People say massive rebuild but our midfield was absolutely garbage and afew additions and it’s now the complete opposite…it’s just really really hard even for top managers to hit it right with each buy…and for clubs like us and Liverpool you can’t just write them off ala city and Chelsea and fix that error quickly. If Sancho and Antony were as good as we thought from the get go we’d be in a title race right now. I think Bellingham (for example), and all the players back could spark them back to being a cohesive team again.
I think in midfield they are all finished, I could be wrong. But I hope I'm not. Keita, Thiago, Milner, Henderson and Ox all need to be replaced. Fabinho might have a year or two left. One Bellingham ain't going to replace 5 players.

Djemba-Djemba

You can never rule anything out in football but they've surely got fecking no chance against Real Madrid.

Even when Liverpool have been good they've consistently lost to Real so now that they're dogshit that makes it even less likely they win.

Josh 76

Before they play their next fixture, Utd could be 19 points ahead of them. That is fecking crazy as they were 5 years ahead of of us a few months ago.

SAF is the GOAT

I dream on the day that we'll destroy them(If it will be in Assfield, it will be better) and humiliate them as they did to us at OT

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Fair play to @Klopper76 by the way. Probably one of the best oppo fans on here. Doesn’t gloat excessively when his team are doing well and always fronts up for discussion when they aren’t.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are they worse than you guys 12 months ago under OGS/Rangnick? I think so.

Basically 15/16 Chelsea when you look at the drop off.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think in midfield they are all finished, I could be wrong. But I hope I'm not. Keita, Thiago, Milner, Henderson and Ox all need to be replaced. Fabinho might have a year or two left. One Bellingham ain't going to replace 5 players.
Yeah our problem in midfield was the lack of technicality and structure. There problem is arguably bigger as it's purely the lack of energy and legs, all of them are shot. Meaning they have to either adapt how they play completely (doubtful), or bring in at minimum 3 new midfielders.

Oranges038

Yeah our problem in midfield was the lack of technicality and structure. There problem is arguably bigger as it's purely the lack of energy and legs, all of them are shot. Meaning they have to either adapt how they play completely (doubtful), or bring in at minimum 3 new midfielders.
Yeap, that's the thing with Klopp. He's got plan A, he doesn't need classy ball players in there. He just requires players with a good technical level but lots of energy to play at a high intensity. They're all shot. I also think they miss the intensity and intelligent pressing from Mane.

The mental thing for me is that he still seems to be putting them same players out every week and expecting them to do the same thing. When it's fecking obvious they just can't anymore.

At least try and change it up, sit in for a few games, grind out a few 1-0s and settle everyone down. Instead he comes out moaning about third goals not counting and about how he doesn't know whats wrong.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeap, that's the thing with Klopp. He's got plan A, he doesn't need classy ball players in there. He just requires players with a good technical level but lots of energy to play at a high intensity. They're all shot. I also think they miss the intensity and intelligent pressing from Mane.

The mental thing for me is that he still seems to be putting them same players out every week and expecting them to do the same thing. When it's fecking obvious they just can't anymore.

At least try and change it up, sit in for a few games, grind out a few 1-0s and settle everyone down. Instead he comes out moaning about third goals not counting and about how he doesn't know whats wrong.
Yeah it has started to feel a bit like he's a one trick pony tactically. Which isn't a big deal when the tactics are so effective, but he doesn't have the personnel clearly yet has refused to adjust at all. Now you watch Liverpool and it's hilariously mismatched: Salah hasn't been great , Nunez and Gakpo are a terrible combo, the midfield is ponderous but yet still presses like they are all 23, and TAA who's never been a good individual defender gets put on toast weekly.

I'd want Klopp to put the pride a side a bit if I was a Liverpool fan: approach games a bit more pragmatically, stop pressing like madmen and instead sit in more of a block to stop leaking so many goals.

Oranges038

Yeah it has started to feel a bit like he's a one trick pony tactically. Which isn't a big deal when the tactics are so effective, but he doesn't have the personnel clearly yet has refused to adjust at all. Now you watch Liverpool and it's hilariously mismatched: Salah hasn't been great , Nunez and Gakpo are a terrible combo, the midfield is ponderous but yet still presses like they are all 23, and TAA who's never been a good individual defender gets put on toast weekly.

I'd want Klopp to put the pride a side a bit if I was a Liverpool fan: approach games a bit more pragmatically, stop pressing like madmen and instead sit in more of a block to stop leaking so many goals.
Seeing as were not Liverpool fans.

Long may it continue.

cyberman

Congratulations on your domestic treble last year!
Being one game away from the quad must hurt

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations on your domestic treble last year!
Being one game away from the quad must hurt
I never thought of it that way. :eek: Will certainly change the conversation of how much has Klopp really, actually won?

Won't happen of course, that shark had been jumped years ago. Money won.

cyberman

I never thought of it that way. :eek: Will certainly change the conversation of how much has Klopp really, actually won?

Won't happen of course, that shark had been jumped years ago. Money won.
Just continues your tradition of not winning leagues in front of your fans

Hughie77

The pool fans I know have been very quiet, couldn't shut them up last season, were the most successful team won more trophies than anyone etc etc.
The difference this season is like they've dropped off a cliff. The players they bought haven't been good enough yet. Klopp won't go anywhere unless he's pushed. Bayern get rid of there Manager then he may well go there.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Our top scorer since the World Cup is Faes...a Leicester defender. As bad as we've been defensively, no one can score goals for us right now.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Man, why can't LeBron be our first team shirt designer? Sexy as feck.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
@SilentWitness what are you thinking going into Monday? Has a 1-0 Dyche masterclass written all over it but Jota, Van Dijk and Firmino all trained today so maybe that gives us a shake up? I can see at least one of them starting.

If we start Matip and Gomez together again we'll lose.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@SilentWitness what are you thinking going into Monday? Has a 1-0 Dyche masterclass written all over it but Jota, Van Dijk and Firmino all trained today so maybe that gives us a shake up? I can see at least one of them starting.

If we start Matip and Gomez together again we'll lose.
I'm intrigued to see if he goes with the same side or tries to use Gray and expose your defence with his pace. Our midfield should be all over yours if they're up for it.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'm intrigued to see if he goes with the same side or tries to use Gray and expose your defence with his pace. Our midfield should be all over yours if they're up for it.
Yeah midfield is a huge concern considering how limp and lifeless ours has been all season. Someone like Gray on Trent's side trying to counter makes sense.

Witchking

Wouldn't it be just like Lucky Liverpool to repeat what they did in 2005..
Don't care about lucky Liverpool, I care about them going trophy less every season. Now stop tempting fate and sit in the corner quietly hoping that Madrid do them over and then Liverpool get 7th place this season to get into the conference league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah midfield is a huge concern considering how limp and lifeless ours has been all season. Someone like Gray on Trent's side trying to counter makes sense.
There are rumours DCL, despite scans indicating everything is okay, is a doubt for Monday. Hopefully he's fine, Maupay did well when he came on but doesn't offer the same directness that DCL does. I think we can win with him but not without.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Fair play to @Klopper76 by the way. Probably one of the best oppo fans on here. Doesn’t gloat excessively when his team are doing well and always fronts up for discussion when they aren’t.
Agreed, more of a realist than say a Glaston.

Although I did find Glastons blind optimism in the face of everything somewhat amusing. Whatever happened to Spurs it was always "part of the plan" or "for the greater good".

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
There are rumours DCL, despite scans indicating everything is okay, is a doubt for Monday. Hopefully he's fine, Maupay did well when he came on but doesn't offer the same directness that DCL does. I think we can win with him but not without.
Thiago is now a doubt for us but tbh with how he's been playing recently I don't think he's a huge miss. This might be one of those games for Henderson and Milner.

FujiVice

If they lose on Monday, I may actually agree with everyone who said "Liverpool are the most entertaining side in Premier League history."