Liverpool are just a stepping stone to a bigger club

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
According to Danny Kelly and Stan Collymore on Talk Sport just a minute ago. They are discussing Liverpool and Brenton and the players and came to the agreement that Liverpool will NEVER be able to attract the really top players, and have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting Klopp as manager so are best sticking with Brenton.

They rightly said that all their top players they buy in are just using them until a bigger club comes around that can offer them Champions League football on a regular basis. Torres, Suarez, Sterling etc. They also agreed Coutinho could leave in the Summer and Henderson could follow too. Liverpool are also being compared to Tottenham by the fans calling in. While some other fans are calling for Brenton to be sacked and to get Benitez back (home)

To make matters worse Brenton is the first Liverpool manager for over 50 years to not win a trophy in his first 3 years in charge of the club.

Ouch! :lol::lol::lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
According to Danny Kelly and Stan Collymore on Talk Sport just a minute ago. They are discussing Liverpool and Brenton and the players and came to the agreement that Liverpool will NEVER be able to attract the really top players, and have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting Klopp as manager so are best sticking with Brenton.

They rightly said that all their top players they buy in are just using them until a bigger club comes around that can offer them Champions League football on a regular basis. Torres, Suarez, Sterling etc. They also agreed Coutinho could leave in the Summer and Henderson could follow too. Liverpool are also being compared to Tottenham by the fans calling in. While some other fans are calling for Brenton to be sacked and to get Benitez back (home)

To make matters worse Brenton is the first Liverpool manager for over 50 years to not win a trophy in his first 3 years in charge of the club.

Ouch! :lol::lol::lol:
Source on the Coutinho part? He's on contract until 2020, and to see him go now would make no sense on any level.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Suarez leaving, the injuries to Sturridge and Sterling's loss of form really hurt them. They were always shit defensively but no-one noticed since they just outscored and outpaced everyone. They needed to repeat last season and finish top 3 if anyone was to take them seriously as an elite club. They needed to hold onto their best player, buy right and do themselves proud in Europe. In fact, the opposite was true in just about all of these.

lawl.

clarkydaz

pretty much spurs of the north, no? they just don't realise all that history was a long, long time ago and expect young players to bow down to their name, when their dominance happened way before these players were born. really knowledgeable fans though, apparantely

langster

Scout
Source on the Coutinho part? He's on contract until 2020, and to see him go now would make no sense on any level.
In fairness they didn't have a source and Stan said he seemed happy, the point they were trying to make is that Liverpool can't really hold on to their top players if other clubs come knocking and offering big money. They also said fans wouldn't trust Rodgers with large sums of cash anymore and they can't attract the "top peg" stars as they put it. It's an interesting discussion especially as Stan is a huge Liverpool fan.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Liverpool at the moment can't offer the two most important things in modern football.

1.) Ridiculous wages
2.) Champions league football year after year

Theonas

Scout
That's quite harsh but not far from the truth. Liverpool are definitely more prestigious than Spurs and the only thing Spurs got over them is the location. However, compared to the rest, Liverpool are definitely less attractive. Their inability to challenge for the title and CL plus their absence from the CL means that they will always struggle to get the top tier of players. But you can say that about literally any team on the planet so for Liverpool, it's a matter of breaking that cycle and building on it, you could argue they had their best chance last year and this year but they couldn't push on for whatever reason which is setting them back another few years again.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Or it's just typical wind up merchant Talk Sport (Shout sport) 'banter' to get folks to call in and rant while watching the £££ roll in.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
:lol: If you say so.
Why do you dispute that? He looks like he plays well, despite actually posting average numbers. I do think he can be a top level player, but until he starts generating more assists to go with his impressive dribbling and footwork then the top clubs simply won't be interested. And as of now:

Real Madrid have James and Isco, he's not Barca grade/material, PSG possibly but I'd be surprised, Man City need homegrown players and Chelsea don't need another #10.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Isn't he linked to City for £35m? Of course he's not going off to Barca/Madrid, but I can certainly see clubs after him.
Do you really see City buying him when Silva is already the better player and they need English players?

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Trolling Liverpool on a phone in show, guaranteed income

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
In fairness they didn't have a source and Stan said he seemed happy, the point they were trying to make is that Liverpool can't really hold on to their top players if other clubs come knocking and offering big money. They also said fans wouldn't trust Rodgers with large sums of cash anymore and they can't attract the "top peg" stars as they put it. It's an interesting discussion especially as Stan is a huge Liverpool fan.
Hasn't this been true for a good while though? Look at Gerrard in 2005. If he wasn't a Liverpool fan (let's take starfish's word and ignore the death threat story) then he'd have been off to Chelsea. If not them, Real. Suarez, Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres... it's been going on for years.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Why do you dispute that? He looks like he plays well, despite actually posting average numbers. I do think he can be a top level player, but until he starts generating more assists to go with his impressive dribbling and footwork then the top clubs simply won't be interested. And as of now:

Real Madrid have James and Isco, he's not Barca grade/material, PSG possibly but I'd be surprised, Man City need homegrown players and Chelsea don't need another #10.
He's not good enough for those clubs yet but he could easily reach that level without hitting those numbers. Assists are overrated, Iniesta was the best midfielder in the world and he had average stats. Isco has been brilliant this year but his goals/assists are nothing special.

People focus on output too much.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Coutinho won't be going anywhere because no top club will be interested in him.
Oh I think some might be, but I think he will stay for another year or two so he keeps getting plenty of playing time to develop further,then a bigger club will come in an lure him away. Assuming he keeps making strides in terms of his ability.

KiD MoYeS

Oh I think some might be, but I think he will stay for another year or two so he keeps getting plenty of playing time to develop further,then a bigger club will come in an lure him away. Assuming he keeps making strides in terms of his ability.
If that's the case I hope City or Chelsea spunk a load of dollar on him, so unbelievably overrated nowadays.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Do you really see City buying him when Silva is already the better player and they need English players?
Fair point, but Coutinho can play more positions than just a straight #10. He's no Silva, though, that much is true... Saying that, who is? Silva is amazing. Jesus, why am I trying to fit our best player into a City squad :lol: Sod that, haha.

A long-term replacement for Carzola? If he keeps improving and Liverpool don't, that wouldn't seem like a bad move for him in a year or two. Pretty sure Santi is 30 this year.

KiD MoYeS

Fair point, but Coutinho can play more positions than just a straight #10. He's no Silva, though, that much is true... Saying that, who is? Silva is amazing. Jesus, why am I trying to fit our best player into a City squad :lol: Sod that, haha.

A long-term replacement for Carzola? If he keeps improving and Liverpool don't, that wouldn't seem like a bad move for him in a year or two. Pretty sure Santi is 30 this year.
He'd be stupid to leave Liverpool now anyway, he's always had potential and this is probably the best we've seen of him but he still has a fair way to go, in my opinion.

langster

Scout
Hasn't this been true for a good while though? Look at Gerrard in 2005. If he wasn't a Liverpool fan (let's take starfish's word and ignore the death threat story) then he'd have been off to Chelsea. If not them, Real. Suarez, Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres... it's been going on for years.
Yeah it has, but they always had moderate success in those years. The odd FA cup win, League cup wins and usually qualified for the Champions League. Of course they also won it and got to another final, so through those years they could always attract the bigger name players and managers. They are discussing how it's different now, especially with other clubs like City that have emerged since.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If that's the case I hope City or Chelsea spunk a load of dollar on him, so unbelievably overrated nowadays.
We have the better Brazilian #10. For now anyways.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
He'd be stupid to leave Liverpool now anyway, he's always had potential and this is probably the best we've seen of him but he still has a fair way to go, in my opinion.
Agreed, and that's why I was a bit befuddled by us apparently giving him permission to leave. It makes no sense, given his contract situation and the fact we're currently the best club where he can expect regular playing time every week.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's not good enough for those clubs yet but he could easily reach that level without hitting those numbers. Assists are overrated, Iniesta was the best midfielder in the world and he had average stats. Isco has been brilliant this year but his goals/assists are nothing special.

People focus on output too much.
That's true but you need to be incredible on the ball otherwise, like silva is or Isco has started becoming and iniesta was. Coutinho is still a long way away from that level.

He's a very good footballer but I don't think he's at the level where he will be in big demand at the best teams. Either way i think Liverpool is ideal for his development right now.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That's true but you need to be incredible on the ball otherwise, like silva is or Isco has started becoming and iniesta was. Coutinho is still a long way away from that level.

He's a very good footballer but I don't think he's at the level where he will be in big demand at the best teams. Either way i think Liverpool is ideal for his development right now.
I agree, just don't think his output is what's holding him back. He'll get there if he improves his consistency - it's been much better this season but he's still too prone to off days to be considered at the Silva level.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Good one.
He's having a pretty mediocre season and has still been better than Coutinho.

He'd also be much more coveted around Europe if both were available.

langster

Scout
Either way i think Liverpool is ideal for his development right now.
It probably is, but they were discussing the hypothetical questions about Liverpool's ability to hold on to their top stars if bigger clubs come in for them. Henderson and Sterling are both stalling on their new contracts. They were also discussing the fans not trusting Rodgers to spend the money wisely, or that he has to replace them with lesser players because the bigger names won't come to them anymore.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
While I'm not going to allow myself to get dragged into a Coutinho vs Oscar slanging match (I think both have a lot of room for improvement but the potential is clearly there), there's a few things that are probably worth mentioning.

Stats aren't everything, I agree with that. Mignolet has more clean sheets than DDG playing behind a defence with Glen Johnson in it. Is he a better keeper? Yes... Alright, no, but you were mad for a second, right? :lol:

Oscar might not be the star he was last season or the season before, but he's playing in a great team and struggling to stand out. It's a lot easier for Coutinho to stand out playing alongside makeshift strikers and midfielders like Joe Allen than it is for Oscar to stand out playing behind Costa & alongside Hazard & Fabregas.

I wouldn't trade, though. Not because I think Coutinho is better, but because I just enjoy watching him play more than I do Oscar or even Ozil.

Spark

This would be funny if it wasn't Talksport. I can't be arsed to find out, but I bet they have said all sorts of bollocks about United over the last 10 years. They come out with extreme comments to generate heated discussion between retards.

Liverpool are currently shite and their false dawn of a season last year has made it all the more hilarious, however they will always be within in a season or two of sorting themselves out if the stars align and they get their shit together. To say NEVER again is just stupid.

New stadium and correct investment (neither are a given) would help them immeasurably. They have all the history and support in place to capitalise nicely from that.

Obviously hoping they keep fecking things up.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Liverpools big problem is the sugar daddy clubs in the PL.

After all Liverpool are still in the top 10 in the world in terms of turnover. Top 6 in you discard the sugar daddy clubs.

In 2014 their turnover jumped from €240mil to €305mil. Thats €54mil behind Arsenal and with CL football that gap would be very small.(It will be very small for the figs published for 2015 as Liverpool had CL football)

This upturn in revenue has lead them to have a bigger wage capacity but it seems to have been wasted on bad signings.

If Liverpool had have build a proper stadium or extended Anfield in the 90s(when construction costs were a lot cheaper-construction inflation when crazy from 2000 onwards) they would be in great shape even without CL football.

They are now finally addressing this issue with the expansion.

Like a lot of clubs in the PL they must be wondering why a club who have spent so much and pay so much on wages have ended up with such a poor squad.