Liverpool assistant Buvac leaves after dispute with Klopp

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Suddenly you decide to trust Duncan Castles as reliable. Hmm, not suspicious at all. :)
Klopp's assistant suddenly not working with the first team for personal reasons according to Liverpool journalist. That sounds believable. :rolleyes:
I'm not a fan of Baldy but it sounds like he's broken a story the club would have preferred hidden and are briefing the Liverpool based journalist bullshit.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The best bit about this thread is the scrambling from Liverpool fans.

Adisa

When has he not worked with the first team?

All of the LFC sources are stating that it's a break, as a result of a personal issue. That could be a range of things - bereavement or ill personal health. If he was leaving permanently why would they put off confirmation?
Because his contract has not been terminated or sorted.

MadMike

Suddenly you decide to trust Duncan Castles as reliable. Hmm, not suspicious at all. :)
He was the first who broke the news which means he has a reliable source. It’s only logical to lean towards trusting him on this one.

Jamie L

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp's assistant suddenly not working with the first team for personal reasons according to Liverpool journalist. That sounds believable. :rolleyes:
I'm not a fan of Baldy but it sounds like he's broken a story the club would have preferred hidden and are briefing the Liverpool based journalist bullshit.

So suddenly you actually are a fan of baldy.

crossy1686

career ending
What an absolutely random thing to happen on the eve of a massive game. He either doesn't believe they'll win the final under current instructions, why else would you leave when you could win a major trophy and go and coach anywhere afterwards?

Lam

Many articles saying that he hasn't been involved in team meetings or team selection for some time now. So if you're hoping of a Roma comeback because of this, better be mentally prepared.

Adisa

The other option would be a medical issue, either with himself or a close relative, that has made him take some time off.

Hopefully not, for more reasons than one.
I hope not as well. The only way this will be confirmed is when he doesn't show up next season.
If it was something personal, I'm pretty sure the club would have told journalists early and not wait for rumours to start.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
On RAWK there's a guy telling another guy he should not speculate, while at the same time he is kind of speculating himself in the same post :lol:

RAWK said:
Hopefully Klopp and Buvac can sort out their differences, if it is indeed that. 17 years is a long time together. Probably spent more time together than they have their wives.
RAWK said:
Could be a personal reason as stated. Stop speculating.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, assistant not working with the first team sounds normal?
Something has happened between him and Klopp.
He was sitting on the bench vs Stoke.

Big match two days later. It'd be quite unsettling if they'd put out this news surely. If there was a bereavement, don't you think there's be an announcement at official website rather than leaking news through the favorite journalists?
Why would they specify personal issues? That's none of our business.

Although Paul Joyce - the club's main mouthpiece, is suggesting Buvac has become a peripheral figure around the club. In which case I don't see a route back in.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Many articles saying that he hasn't been involved in team meetings or team selection for some time now. So if you're hoping of a Roma comeback because of this, better be mentally prepared.
Yeah he's just an assistant manager. It's like when people started predicting downfall of us when CQ left. We still won leagues after him and reached CL finals, only to be beaten by the greatest European team in the last two decades.

Adisa

He was sitting on the bench vs Stoke.

Why would they specify personal issues? That's none of our business.

Paul Joyce - the club's main mouthpiece, is suggesting Buvac has become a peripheral figure around the club.
Do you think is a normal situation?
It's not really going to affect the team but anyone trying to say there's nothing to see here is being disingenuous.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He

Although Paul Joyce - the club's main mouthpiece, is suggesting Buvac has become a peripheral figure around the club. In which case I don't see a route back in.
No I was saying that if it's either an health issue or bereavement which you stated then it'd been mentioned on the official website.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Do you think is a normal situation?
It's not really going to affect the team but anyone trying to say there's nothing to see here is being disingenuous.
Read my edit. Indeed it is quite clear something is going on - but I'm not sure where the claims of not working with the first team have come from.

Perhaps what could be most fatal to their relationship is that he's opted for this days before the end of the season. Seems unnecessary.

haram

There's an account on Twitter that's been leaking the Liverpool team news usually a day before the game for the past few months. This weekend he said it would be the last time he did it.
Implying Buvac has been the one giving out info?

Adisa

No I was saying that if it's either an health issue or bereavement which you stated then it'd been mentioned on the official website.
Or the club would have been informed early on.
Briefing journalist that he's not working with the first team for personal reasons and telling them that he had become peripheral sounds like the pr department is scrambling to me.

Adisa

Read my edit. Indeed it is quite clear something is going on - but I'm not sure where the claims of not working with the first team have come from.

Perhaps what could be most fatal to their relationship is that he's opted for this days before the end of the season. Seems unnecessary.
Sorry. Replied before seeing the edit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Has Duncan blamed Pep for this?

Adisa

Implying Buvac has been the one giving out info?
@CassiusClaymore
An assistant manager's existence depends on the success of his boss. I don't understand how an assistant could be doing something that's detrimental to the manager and by extension, himself.
It's not like he was ever going to get the job if Klopp gets the sack.

haram

An assistant manager's existence depends on the success of his boss. I don't understand how an assistant could be doing something that's detrimental to the manager and by extension, himself.
Does seem like a weird coincidence though.

haram

It is but if an assistant was caught leaking, that's the height of betrayal and I'd expect him to be terminated on the spot.
They might just wait until the end of the season to part ways.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
So suddenly you actually are a fan of baldy.

Why is it alright to insult and abuse someone for being bald when they do nothing to hide the fact? Why should bald people feel ashamed? It’s because of people like you that Klopp has to wear a wig.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW said:
I'm hearing Man City might be interested in him as a coach. They think some of their methods might have gone a little stale. It could be a case of the Sheikh's Buvac putting the freshness back.

TheLiverBird

Until any concrete proof comes out, I would hazard a guess that it's due to him, or a family member being ill. There is no other 'agenda' here and that I wish whatever his personal issues are resolves itself or gets better soon

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
@CassiusClaymore
It was a joke mate. Christ.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
It's a frustrating time for this to come out but considering he was on the bench for Stoke two days ago, I can't imagine such a sudden bust up could have occurred to have caused this split in the space of less than 48 hours. Which makes me think it's been a longer process so hopefully that means it's not a sudden shock to the squad and the staff, before Wednesday. After that no-one has any idea how much influence an assistant manager has. If Coutinho leaving didn't end up being the apocalypse most people on here predicted, maybe this will be alright too. Just have to wait and see.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Until any concrete proof comes out, I would hazard a guess that it's due to him, or a family member being ill. There is no other 'agenda' here and that I wish whatever his personal issues are resolves itself or gets better soon
I'd assume it was something extremely serious. Even if he had a bust up i doubt he'd walk away now in what could possibly be the biggest match in his management career.