Liverpool assistant Buvac leaves after dispute with Klopp

TheLiverBird

I'd assume it was something extremely serious. Even if he had a bust up i doubt he'd walk away now in what could possibly be the biggest match in his management career.
Indeed its probably no doubt something pretty serious, but I'm struggling to see it being a bust up with Klopp, I could be wrong of course but I'd be shocked

You don't just leave temporarily near the end of the season when theres huge things to still play for with regards to top 4 and CL Semi Final likely leading to the Final.

You either walk for good, or the matters are set aside/resolved for focus on more important team matters

It to me, appears to be something outside of football, and he'll be back

Giethewill

Supports
Liverpool
There's an account on Twitter that's been leaking the Liverpool team news usually a day before the game for the past few months. This weekend he said it would be the last time he did it.
Can you share the person's username or the link to their account

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Indeed its probably no doubt something pretty serious, but I'm struggling to see it being a bust up with Klopp, I could be wrong of course but I'd be shocked

You don't just leave temporarily near the end of the season when theres huge things to still play for with regards to top 4 and CL Semi Final likely leading to the Final.

You either walk for good, or the matters are set aside/resolved for focus on more important team matters

It to me, appears to be something outside of football, and he'll be back
Paul Joyce thinks differently.

Giethewill

Supports
Liverpool
This sort of self-sabotage is flabbergasting, what could possibly be so bad (if it’s not truly personal) for this to occur at such a critical juncture?

Hammerfell

I can’t help but feel people are overestimating the negative impact this’ll have on Liverpool.

SER19

Pressure probably causing tension with another final looming after years of failing at the final hurdle.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Wouldn't overestimate this if He's a nobody, but He had been working with Klopp for 13 years!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Dippers are showing class by wishing he has personal issues rather than just accepting that he's gone because of disagreements.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wouldn't overestimate this if He's a nobody, but He had been working with Klopp for 13 years!
It's not going to a them.
They're not going to suddenly forget how to play on gengenpress.
If the rumours are true that there has been friction for a while, it would even be less of a shock.

IrishRedDevil

Personal reasons can also mean a fall out. It may be his personal decision that he no longer wants to work with Klopp.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
17 years, from the time Klopp started managing at Mainz. They played, a developed a friendship, at Mainz and decided that whoever went into management would take the other as their assistant. Sad to see such a strong bond broken, don't know what it must've taken for this to happen.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm sad and disappointed. Normally I would say pfft it's only the right hand man. But every time we've lost a number 2 we have suffered badly. Expecting the same with Klopp now. :(

Even Ferguson struggled after losing McLaren and Quieroz though obviously rallied just enough to keep going. Not sure we can.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm sad and disappointed. Normally I would say pfft it's only the right hand man. But every time we've lost a number 2 we have suffered badly. Expecting the same with Klopp now. :(

Even Ferguson struggled after losing McLaren and Quieroz though obviously rallied just enough to keep going. Not sure we can.
Yeah, just enough.

:lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

This is a myth. I think you're alluding to when Pako left Benitez, but Liverpool had their best season in league when Pako left.

Also that Ferguson thing is too a myth. We won 3 league titles in the next 5 years. Also reached two CL finals where we obviously met Pep's Barcelona.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's leaving due to the excitement over Abba's new songs.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
People were saying the same about when Coutinho was off, and look what happened. No problem for them, I reckon.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Dippers are showing class by wishing he has personal issues rather than just accepting that he's gone because of disagreements.

I just deleted a post from a newbie which said "The guy could have found out a cancer diagnosis. I think we should all give him space."

Ffs.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yeah, just enough.
Well, United did struggle in the 03-04 season when Carlos left for Madrid. It was the lowest points total since '91, so it wasn't as if United weren't effected. Though it can be argued it wasn't out of the ordinary and could've been a regular season as well.

Generally I don't think the impact of the Assistant Manager, especially a long term one, should be underestimated. It can be difficult for a manager to adjust without one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I didn't mean that as a dig. You can't compare any manager with Ferguson.
Can't really attribute our dips in those periods to the loss of a number 2.
We lost out to two better teams in Arsenal and Chelsea. Would be a stretch to say it wouldn't have happened if McLaren and Querioz had stayed.
Liverpool struggling after losing assistant was probably as a result of deeper malignant issues which culminated in the assistant leaving. Not that the assistant leaving caused the issues.

Djemba-Djemba

Well, United did struggle in the 03-04 season when Carlos left for Madrid. It was the lowest points total since '91, so it wasn't as if United weren't effected.
We were up against a great Arsenal side and Chelsea flush with billions for the first time. I don't think it was down to losing a number 2.

We still finished 3rd and won the FA Cup.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I love how Liverpool fans deny everything they don't want to hear. Then it hits them right in the face. Every time.

shaky

Here's hoping Klopp turns out to be the Andrew Ridgeley of the duo.

arthurka

No way he would leave just before a CL semi final and 90 min away from the final if things were OK..
I think Castle might be on to something there..

SteveJ

Scout
Klopp's flaws will now be fatally exposed by the loss of this bloke I've never heard of and know nothing about!

SteveJ

Scout
Klopp and co in happier times:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Heavy metal football you say?

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Can you quote me the Liverpool supporters who are "wishing he has personal issues"? Liverpool based journalists are stating he's temporarily left due to personal issues, obviously its looking like they've been briefed.

But don't you think it would make sense that Buvac who has been friends with Klopp for 17 years and followed him everywhere he's worked wouldn't quit over just an argument in what could be in the coming weeks the biggest achievement in his management career.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
From someone I'd honestly never knew the name of to one of the most influential tacticians in world football. I love this forum.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
From someone I'd honestly never knew the name of to one of the most influential tacticians in world football. I love this forum.
To be fair, he was relatively well known, especially for an assistant coach. I’d say that probably most German football fans know him. At least those who follow the sport somewhat intensively. His importance was often talked about back in their Dortmund days. No idea how big his impact actually is, but it’s not like he was no one and this could be a serious issue for Liverpool.