Liverpool could be kicked out of Carabao Cup for fielding an ineligible player

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Doubt the EFL have balls to make the correct decision.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
As a neutral, I think a 6 year ban from the carabao cup and an 18 point deduction will suffice

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
As a neutral, I think a 6 year ban from the carabao cup and an 18 point deduction will suffice
Most neutrals on RedCafe would prefer to see a no game ban, small fine, no points deduction and Ole sacked. We would fight this tooth and nail in the courts more than above. :p;)

Kostur

海尔的老板
This will set a dangerous precedent unless they're aptly punished, e.g. -30 points deduction should suffice. Otherwise it's bollocks and Rafa controls the FA.

AlwaysRed66

We might actually win something if we can get all the Premiership clubs kicked out.

Boneli

I think the only option is expulsion from the League and their place to be taken by Bury. I’m sure people can get behind this!

El Zoido

Want them to stay in it, more games will slow them down in the league.

lysglimt

Scout
I am not saying this because it's Liverpool - but to me the rules should be clear. If a club uses a player who is not eligable to play, they should lose the game. When Norway U21 did it against Kosovo and won 5-0 (it was Ajer from Celtic who was suspended because of yellow cards) - Norway lost the game 3-0. No one complained - because they knew the rules. Same should apply here - it's the clubs responsibility.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Want them to stay in it, more games will slow them down in the league.
That's what I want. They have the league, the Champions League, the league cup, the club world cup around Christmas, the FA Cup afterwards.

Surely fatigue will bite the cnuts hard at some point.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Typical Liverpool fans already pouring through "precedents". They did this with assorted suarez behaviour too

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
Typical Liverpool fans already pouring through "precedents". They did this with assorted suarez behaviour too
Relax mate :) This is nowhere as bad as racial abuse.
Precedents are important in any legal proceeding. And this one was mentioned in the article I read. Didn't think it will offend a United fan. Will delete the post, though.

PS. Also, the correct usage is 'poring' (pore vs pour), I think. ;)

MrJames

Grays athletic a non league side were thrown out of the FA cup last week for accidentaly playing an illegible player. This is costing them £10,000 and potentialy killing the club. So.....

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Before reading who the ineligible player was I knew it would be Chirivella. He’s been around the club for years and yet still is in our youth setup somehow, honestly thought we had moved him on ages ago. Stupid error from our admin on this.

Josep Dowling

They seem to be breaking a lot of rules this season and getting away with it. All their stories are quickly brushed under the carpet.

I haven’t even seen this until it was on redcafe.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Sunderland got fined a years ago for the same thing.
I expect similar coward ruling. Neither team did this to cheat, so a fine makes no sense. The other team progressing would be the fair call

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Relax mate :) This is nowhere as bad as racial abuse.
Precedents are important in any legal proceeding. And this one was mentioned in the article I read. Didn't think it will offend a United fan. Will delete the post, though.

PS. Also, the correct usage is 'poring' (pore vs pour), I think. ;)
Biting incident too in fairness.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
It would be a blessing in disguise for them. Useless fixtures and travels that tires the players.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Ah yes. Looking at precedents because you are interested in knowing the most likely outcome of something related to your club is purely a Liverpool thing.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ah yes. Looking at precedents because you are interested in knowing the most likely outcome of something related to your club is purely a Liverpool thing.
Furthermore, my source* has claimed that Liverpool deliberately fielded an ineligible player so they'd be bunged out of the Coco Pops Cup or whatever it's called this week. Consequently, they could then concentrate on the Grand National...or something.

It's outrageous behaviour, and the whole team should be sold to Greggs.

*Me.

Anustart89

Should be a 3-0 loss against MK Dons, shouldn't it? If it turns out he was ineligible, that is.

Bwuk

I am not saying this because it's Liverpool - but to me the rules should be clear. If a club uses a player who is not eligable to play, they should lose the game. When Norway U21 did it against Kosovo and won 5-0 (it was Ajer from Celtic who was suspended because of yellow cards) - Norway lost the game 3-0. No one complained - because they knew the rules. Same should apply here - it's the clubs responsibility.
I agree with this and would have zero issues if it was us.

Rules are rules. In the CL who remembers Celtic going through against Warsaw after Warsaw fielded ineligible players.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Good for them, the less games for them the better