Liverpool FC are up for sale

dinostar77

I would bet a large majority see it as their only way to compete with City and will be worried United get oil funded and they get left behind
Pretty much this. Same for us though. If liverpool got oil state funded where woud it leave us?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I would bet a large majority see it as their only way to compete with City and will be worried United get oil funded and they get left behind
Sad. I said the same about newcastle, as well. I would rather my club go bust than taken over buy an oil state. I accept, I appear to be in the minority in this, though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Pretty much this. Same for us though. If liverpool got oil state funded where woud it leave us?
Not as far off as Liverpool would be I don’t think. We generate a ridiculous amounts of money.

scottser

The only people who can afford to buy either Liverpool or United are going to be utter cnuts.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I'll miss liverpool. I hate them because they get to us to toe to toe. Oil money will ruin us both. It will be like city. You can easily ignore their success. Flavorless

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Please don't tell me that there are Liverpool fans who want to be taken over by an oil state?
None that I know of. Pretty much have a feeling it might happen and people I know just won’t be as avid as far as I can tell. I know I won’t from embarrassment. Younger fans won’t care though and that’s who buy merchandise so it’s a win win for the sellers and buyers whomever that might be.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'll miss liverpool. I hate them because they get to us to toe to toe. Oil money will ruin us both. It will be like city. You can easily ignore their success. Flavorless
If (when :( ) we get taken over by an oil club then our achievements are frozen at 19 league titles and 6 CL trophies. That means we will never have overtaken you lot domestically. I was hoping to at least getting even before that happened. Fecking City. :mad:

Then, until you get taken over by an oil club, you have a shot of catching up with our 6 CL trophies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
As much as I despise Liverpool, always felt they had somewhat similar values to United. Be a shame to see them taken over by an oil baron.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
If (when :( ) we get taken over by an oil club then our achievements are frozen at 19 league titles and 6 CL trophies. That means we will never have overtaken you lot domestically. I was hoping to at least getting even before that happened. Fecking City. :mad:

Then, until you get taken over by an oil club, you have a shot of catching up with our 6 CL trophies.
2-3 generations from now many fans won't feel what we felt. Sad really.

LordSpud

Interesting developments:

The Boston Globe, a publication privately owned by FSG principal John W Henry, claims that the Liverpool owners are leaning towards a partial sale of the club, rather than a full takeover.

The Reds are said to be in a discussion with “an array of suitors” around either an equity purchase or a full sale.

But a partial sale is reportedly the most likely outcome with the desire to raise money for both ”player acquisition and capital improvements" central to their decision to explore their options for the Merseyside club in the market.

The Globe suggested that a minority partner could arrive on the board and subsequently secure a full takeover of the club further down the line.

The publication quotes a source that claims any investor "would need to be philosophically aligned with FSG’s fiscal tenets and team-building philosophies."

Article Link: https://www.sportbible.com/football/liverpool-sale-takeover-fsg-dubai-news-20221201

Original: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12/01/sports/liverpool-fc-sale-fenway-sports-group/

New thread title: Liverpool FC up for (partial) sale?

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Essentially no one wants to pay the money to buy them outright. Or at least not for money they'll accept.

Infra-red

Interesting developments:

The Boston Globe, a publication privately owned by FSG principal John W Henry, claims that the Liverpool owners are leaning towards a partial sale of the club, rather than a full takeover.

The Reds are said to be in a discussion with “an array of suitors” around either an equity purchase or a full sale.

But a partial sale is reportedly the most likely outcome with the desire to raise money for both ”player acquisition and capital improvements" central to their decision to explore their options for the Merseyside club in the market.

The Globe suggested that a minority partner could arrive on the board and subsequently secure a full takeover of the club further down the line.

The publication quotes a source that claims any investor "would need to be philosophically aligned with FSG’s fiscal tenets and team-building philosophies."

Article Link: https://www.sportbible.com/football/liverpool-sale-takeover-fsg-dubai-news-20221201

Original: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12/01/sports/liverpool-fc-sale-fenway-sports-group/

New thread title: Liverpool FC up for (partial) sale?
I suspect the Glazers (or at least two of them) maybe looking for something similar for United.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The partial sale is the lull before the storm. Might be financial or political but ultimately FSG are selling the WHOLE club in chunks. Unless Apple or Amazon are interested (very little chance) then it's likely to an oil club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The partial sale is the lull before the storm. Might be financial or political but ultimately FSG are selling the WHOLE club in chunks. Unless Apple or Amazon are interested (very little chance) then it's likely to an oil club.
Not long before it's announced you're gonna be the next part of CFG,

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Football is going to become a bit hollow if we're all owned by billionaires or companies all trying to outspend each other. I mean I guess football has been a money game for a long time now but...meh.
I’d say a partial sale is the nightmare scenario for either club.
Yeah, wouldn't be a clean situation. A lot of headbutting over what to do.

RopersReturn

Saudi/Qatari investors now front runners to buy Liverpool. Doesn’t look good for everyone else, us especially.

Nero

An exclusive by sportingnews.com. Comedy gold.

redcucumber

The moral posturing would be funny. Depressing, though, as that'd be the end of our proper rivalry with them.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Imagine all the excuses and hypocricy if this goes trough
It will be hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics from their social media influencer fanbase.

The likes of RedMen etc who appear on those Sky Sports roundtables.

They've been consistently critical of how Many City operate while fluffing up their owners to get exclusives with players etc so it will be worth watching them sell their "souls" to keep their investment / pay their mortgage.

It's the one "Good" thing about to someone like Goldbridge, he doesn't have to tow a party line as he's independent from the club.

Fridge chutney

I hope Liverpool remain sportswash-free. They are too important a football club to be an oil club.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
The moral posturing would be funny. Depressing, though, as that'd be the end of our proper rivalry with them.
Same thing will happen when Manchester United is bought by a similar group. Haven't you already seen many here started the mental gymnastics and started moving goalposts.

Fans of every club will always try to justify why their ownership is good for the club and everybody else is bad.

Football fans are hypocrites. Rather, human beings are hypocrites.

Fridge chutney

Same thing will happen when Manchester United is bought by a similar group. Haven't you already seen many here started the mental gymnastics and started moving goalposts.

Fans of every club will always try to justify why their ownership is good for the club and everybody else is bad.

Football fans are hypocrites. Rather, human beings are hypocrites.
Some will, some won't. Football fans are not a homogenous group.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Some will, some won't. Football fans are not a homogenous group.
25% will oppose, 75% will support. Same for Liverpool supporters or any other club for that matter. No homogeneity, I agree, but the majority will always be flip flopping to justify their stance.

There are always groups of people with same tin-foil hat.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s not out of reach to say the Glazers and FSG have talked about this maybe? Selling both clubs out to oil states in the same year to lessen the bad publicity if the both do it.

Josh 76

The days of a Chelsea and Mancity takeover have long gone when they could spend what they like.

Newcastle are the prime example of that. Everyone shitting themselves as soon as a middle eastern take over is rumoured. It’s hilarious!