Liverpool FC are up for sale

I’m loving my life

It’s not out of reach to say the Glazers and FSG have talked about this maybe? Selling both clubs out to oil states in the same year to lessen the bad publicity if the both do it.
Maybe some of the Glazer siblings who sell will rock up as partners in Liverpools new look consortium, if your owners are serious about only selling part of the club. Like a dream team of American owners.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe some of the Glazer siblings who sell will rock up as partners in Liverpools new look consortium, if your owners are serious about only selling part of the club. Like a dream team of American owners.
Don’t understand that but the timing of both of them selling is odd. But is it better to have both sell to oil states if one of them defitnitely is selling that way. It would be a sad day once this rilvalry ends with one of us being owned by one of these entities without the other one.
So it’s either we both sell to normal jerkoff billionaires or we both sell to what’s ruining the game.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Don’t understand that but the timing of both of them selling is odd. But is it better to have both sell to oil states if one of them defitnitely is selling that way. It would be a sad day once this rilvalry ends with one of us being owned by one of these entities without the other one.
So it’s either we both sell to normal jerkoff billionaires or we both sell to what’s ruining the game.
As much as it pains me to say it, the game is already ruined and as the old saying goes if you can't beat em join em.

I’m loving my life

Apologies I was being puerile.

To be honest, Chelsea and City didn’t have heritage to ruin, but this would be several levels above. I think you could safely say that’s it for English football if it happens. It’s been bad for ages with City winning doubles and multiple titles by financial doping, but this would effectively mean the title will always be won by sports washing

cyberman

The fascinating question is: Had United not gone on the market would Liverpool be having issues attracting interest? Did the Glazers shoot FSG's fox?
Another aspect of this would be the rumour that they were selling up to buy an NBA side. If that’s still the case then Liverpool aren’t seeing a penny of this investment

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I thought it was an open secret that Qatar can't yet own two teams (PSG). So they will oil up the PL/FA/FIFA further until they can. In the meantime they'll be the 'minority partner'.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Another aspect of this would be the rumour that they were selling up to buy an NBA side. If that’s still the case then Liverpool aren’t seeing a penny of this investment
Interesting. Didn't know that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They won't be buying an NBA side, they'll be the ones who will (wholly or partially) own the Vegas NBA expansion team once those plans are finalized.

James converted his 2% stake in Liverpool into a 1% FSG stake last year, with the view of obtaining a (Vegas based) team once he retires, which will be in about ~3 years I'd assume. Not sure FSG need to (partially) sell Liverpool in order to make the NBA plans happen, but little to no doubt it will have played its part in the decision yeah.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
At what point does the British state intervene before the biggest cultural export in Britain is owned by only foreign interests with a stern middle finger towards basic human rights?

MrPaxtons

At what point does the British state intervene before the biggest cultural export in Britain is owned by only foreign interests with a stern middle finger towards basic human rights?
They won’t, bigger more important companies have been sold to foreign investors/companies in the last few years and nothing was done.

arthurka

Not sure they will, they showed their cards when the Saudis took over Newcastle.

Infra-red

The Qataris already own half of London, so I am going to guess that the answer to this is, sadly, "never".

Oranges038

Well, they could just buy Liverpool themselves.

Wouldn't it be great to see Charlie lifting the PL title and getting to put another crown on that head. "Crowns are like buses" he'd say, "Mummy never let me near one, and now I have two".

macheda14

You mean the tories who have been selling off this country to international entities for a good ol while?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
British politicians since the 90s have been selling London to rich chinese individuals affiliated to CCP party ,russian oligarchs, and middle eastern oilers.

They are never gonna intervene, kicking Roman out of Chelsea was more like a PR stunt, cause there was too much pressure, and they were the ones who allowed him to buy Chelsea in 2003 to begin with, and they all knew where his money came from.

RedDevilRoshi

:lol:
Unsurprised tbh as we’ve hardly had any news of potential takeover bids or interested investors for them.

I would laugh but don’t want it to come back and bite me as we could end up staying with the Glazers ourselves if they stick firmly to their asking price or opt for a minority stake sale in the end.

Teja

I wouldn't be so quick to laugh. We may yet be seeing a similar headline re the Glazers in the not too distant future.
People will laugh at us at that point and you take it on the chin and move on.

But for now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLUTION

People will laugh at us at that point and you take it on the chin and move on.

But for now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not being taken over by Qatar and keeping owners that are not dickbags? Doesn't sound like something I'd laugh at.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Assume they will wait until the summer and go for our rejects

ROFLUTION

Most pool fans want FSG out but don't let that get in your way.
Please prove that statement. The Liverpool fans I know are not just up for selling the club to any rich oil-state, so this could just be your perception? Many fans are saddened by the view that United and Liverpool could be sportswashing projects when their history is so big.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
As much as I would like some investment in our squad, I’d much prefer FSG to some nation state sportswashing exercise.

Teja

Please prove that statement. The Liverpool fans I know are not just up for selling the club to any rich oil-state, so this could just be your perception? Many fans are saddened by the view that United and Liverpool could be sportswashing projects when their history is so big.
Don't want FSG is not the same as want to be bought by Qatar. We're laughing at them because noone wants to buy them and they're stuck with owners who don't want to invest.