Liverpool FC are up for sale

Drizzle

Just praying youse lot don't win anything this season and its grand. Once it's Qatar United, I've got me ready-made excuse for waving away any future success and you won't be able to stop me.
City get asterisked for cheating, and for going from a nothing club to petro-giant overnight. Neither of those things will be relevant to United.

If it's about the morality of owners, then there's going to be a feck load of titles being dismissed for multiple clubs going back decades.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
As much as I would like some investment in our squad, I’d much prefer FSG to some nation state sportswashing exercise.
I would even accept (though absolutely dislike) fsg selling to the Glazers. We might get debt laden and even relegated but as least I can still support my beloved club.

Therefore, I'm actually relieved fsg are sticking around instead. If it's actually true and not more games. Please just no blood.

crossy1686

career ending
Nah I reckon they'll end up being owned by a hedge fund.
I know they’ve enjoyed us being rinsed over the years but with City getting relegated along with Leeds, I’d like Liverpool to stay slightly competitive. I’d like their seasons to be a battle for 4th place every year so we get the full boom bust cycle, but never winning anything except maybe the occasional league cup. I don’t think they’d survive a hedge fund, they’d probably be mid-table for ever.

Rob67

When the Saudis were linked to buying Liverpool, the Dippers were all creaming themselves with the thought that Mbappe was on his way. Now they're not for sale their high morality has suddenly kicked in. Funny that.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
When the Saudis were linked to buying Liverpool, the Dippers were all creaming themselves with the thought that Mbappe was on his way. Now they're not for sale their high morality has suddenly kicked in. Funny that.
Correct, a lot of Liverpool fans are hypocrites. If Qatar came in tomorrow instead of at Utd 80% of the fanbase would be in various forms of sport washing mode within a day.

But that's the hypothetical. The actual is in here: Redcafe. Check the poll in the main thread.

Neither set of fans are, or would be, right in this case. This is a human issue which we are flushing down the bog like it doesn't matter.

cyberman

Correct, a lot of Liverpool fans are hypocrites. If Qatar came in tomorrow instead of at Utd 80% of the fanbase would be in various forms of sport washing mode within a day.

But that's the hypothetical. The actual is in here: Redcafe. Check the poll in the main thread.

Neither set of fans are, or would be, right in this case. This is a human issue which we are flushing down the bog like it doesn't matter.
This is utter fecking nonsense

Rob67

Just sick of Dippers coming on here to preach after suddenly finding their moral compass.

TheReligion

Abusive

What’s your point?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Just sick of Dippers coming on here to preach after suddenly finding their moral compass.
The only thing we have found on Redcafe is that there never really was a moral compass among the large majority of Utd fans. It was all just an act. At least man up and admit it as some on here have.

And yes I would be saying the same to fellow Liverpool fans who were hanging their arses out for oil money, while pretending they "cared" about the LBGT community or dead stadium builders during the world cup. :rolleyes: :(

TheReligion

Abusive
The only thing we have found on Redcafe is that there never really was a moral compass among the large majority of Utd fans. It was all just an act. At least man up and admit it as some on here have.

And yes I would be saying the same to fellow Liverpool fans who were hanging their arses out for oil money, while pretending they "cared" about the LBGT community or dead stadium builders during the world cup. :rolleyes: :(
Don’t bother posting here then if you don’t like it? Why mix in such circles if the Caf has such a poor moral compass.

You don’t have to be here.

Rob67

BOOHOO!!
5-2!!
Cheer Up La

mu4c_20le

No way, Liverpool are still a working mans club.

Rob67

Liverpool playing in the champions league, yet spending the night on a United forum. Sad.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t bother posting here then if you don’t like it? Why mix in such circles if the Caf has such a poor moral compass.

You don’t have to be here.
A lot of posters here have kept me honest in my 20+ years of almost daily posting. They've helped me through some tough times too. Without a counter view I would still be thinking Suarez was not a racist and Evra was a card calling c... A shameful time for me. But this place gave me some much needed balance, as painful and bitter as it was accepting it.

I'm still here to try to give something back. Utd, and Redcafe, will not be the same once Qatar takes over. And that's not a good thing for any of us.

TheReligion

Abusive
A lot of posters here have kept me honest in my 20+ years of almost daily posting. They've helped me through some tough times too. Without a counter view I would still be thinking Suarez was not a racist and Evra was a card calling c... A shameful time for me. But this place gave me some much needed balance, as painful and bitter as it was accepting it.

I'm still here to try to give something back. Utd, and Redcafe, will not be the same once Qatar takes over. And that's not a good thing for any of us.
So the Caf has a terrible moral compass but you accept it’s been a big part of your life and very helpful to you over a 20 year period.

Intriguing.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So the Caf has a terrible moral compass but you accept it’s been a big part of your life and very helpful to you over a 20 year period.

Intriguing.
Eye opening with some posters that's for sure. Not you of course, you're as expected. :p

I will take this opportunity to give special props to @Wumminator, @Rhyme Animal and a few others. Respect.

Real Name

Will you leave if Qatar takes over?

That would be one tiny positive in the whole story.

Liverpool fan of all clubs and wum at that giving lectures. That's a huge irony if I ever saw one.

Herman Toothrot

He's not wrong.

cyberman

Just notice the time stamp on the post. Around the 5th Madrid goal he comes in like this as if he’s a toddler on a tantrum

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just notice the time stamp on the post. Around the 5th Madrid goal he comes in like this as if he’s a toddler on a tantrum
He lashes out when Liverpool lose, it’s ace. First it was about Ole being our manager still, then it was ‘4 more years of Klopp!’ (or is it 4 months?), and now it’s this. It’s absolutely delicious :angel:;)