Liverpool FC are up for sale

TheLiverBird

If it means I can continue supporting LFC with no regrets then I'd even take relegation. Top end football is fecked now anyway.
It’s quite sad looking at the last 20-25 years of Champions in each of Europes top 5 so called “Elite” Leagues

Bundesliga - Bayern and Dortmund Domination

Serie A - Inter, Juve, Milan Domination

La Liga - Barca and R.Madrid Domination

Ligue 1 - has had a few surprises in the mix since 2000 6 different clubs being Champions but outside those 6 moments in the last 22 years, Lyon and PSG have Dominated and now we all Know PSG just walk it each year generally

English Premier League - abit more interesting in that there has been a tussle between the natural wealth of Man United and the arrival of the Billionaire take overs Of Chelsea and City, predominantly United Chelsea and City have dominated since the millennium with just Arsenal Leicester and Liverpool to break the rare deadlock

Essentially we watch a sport where the only winners are the money guys, with the occasional rare surprise, we all love a surprise but the rarity of a surprise these days has made it boring

it’s made it a competition of bank balances rather than a competition of fair ish sport

it’s practically impossible for any team outside the usual top teams too be Champions, It only becomes possible if you throw your bank balance at the market, and are capable of doing this until you get it right with no worry of funds

It kind of makes the Super League almost sound like a good idea, a league where a large chunk of the league are actually capable of winning the League rather than a small chunk, I want to see a league where everyone has a chance

right now, in all the top leagues, those “chances” are limited to the few

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
All oil states are terrorists ? Every non-white owner is a blood thirsty maniac while white owners are just twats ?

I think it was pointed out last time the prospective buyer wasn't an 'oil' 'state' because it wasn't a 'state' and even if it was (for arguments sake) it wasn't an 'oil state' because 'oil' didn't make up a major chunk of its economy.
Cool rant bro
Who mentioned non white? Plenty knew Roman had blood on his hands, for instance.
This post was super confusing as my name is Roman :lol:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
It’s quite sad looking at the last 20-25 years of Champions in each of Europes top 5 so called “Elite” Leagues

Bundesliga - Bayern and Dortmund Domination

Serie A - Inter, Juve, Milan Domination

La Liga - Barca and R.Madrid Domination

Ligue 1 - has had a few surprises in the mix since 2000 6 different clubs being Champions but outside those 6 moments in the last 22 years, Lyon and PSG have Dominated and now we all Know PSG just walk it each year generally

English Premier League - abit more interesting in that there has been a tussle between the natural wealth of Man United and the arrival of the Billionaire take overs Of Chelsea and City, predominantly United Chelsea and City have dominated since the millennium with just Arsenal Leicester and Liverpool to break the rare deadlock

Essentially we watch a sport where the only winners are the money guys, with the occasional rare surprise, we all love a surprise but the rarity of a surprise these days has made it boring

it’s made it a competition of bank balances rather than a competition of fair ish sport

it’s practically impossible for any team outside the usual top teams too be Champions, It only becomes possible if you throw your bank balance at the market, and are capable of doing this until you get it right with no worry of funds

It kind of makes the Super League almost sound like a good idea, a league where a large chunk of the league are actually capable of winning the League rather than a small chunk, I want to see a league where everyone has a chance

right now, in all the top leagues, those “chances” are limited to the few

you're going to have to go back to the 70's & 80's to see it wasn't money winning (if ever it wasn't) since the old communist block broke up, free movement of people and Bosman the game has totally changed, possibly the free movement of people being the biggest driver to how football is now add to that in just the English leagues the breakup of the old first division for more money, the cancelling of split receipts all led to this, the Champions league which gives clubs a huge advantage also contributes.

TheLiverBird

you're going to have to go back to the 70's & 80's to see it wasn't money winning (if ever it wasn't) since the old communist block broke up, free movement of people and Bosman the game has totally changed, possibly the free movement of people being the biggest driver to how football is now add to that in just the English leagues the breakup of the old first division for more money, the cancelling of split receipts all led to this, the Champions league which gives clubs a huge advantage also contributes.
Yeh very true matey, I think they were the Beginning stages of “bank roll” sport certainly in football

but during the 70’s 80’s there were more challengers and more regularly a “Different” champion than the domination we see today, the money Has really kicked in now and its boring too an extent

Although Notably La Liga is different and truly an embarrassing league, 3 teams have dominated that league since the dawn of time, 72 years of the last Century, La Liga has been in the hands of R.Madrid Barca and Atletico

LARulz

Though I realised the top source is the Mirror so dunno

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Interesting. IF they do, then surely some oil money will want to purchase United as the ‘big’ prize. Imagine the bragging rights

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The choice between another glazer type investor or ‘dirty’ money. Liverpool probably the same scenario right now
Scouse fans I know rubbing their hands with delight while United fans I know are gutted at the thought of a morally bankrupt takeover.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A bit weird to see people stand against the oil billionaires buying United, yet freak out immediately at the prospect of them buying Liverpool.
Because there’s no doubt it would make a team more successful. We just don’t want to do it that way, but it’s also natural not to want the other clubs to reap those benefits too.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
All oil states are terrorists ? Every non-white owner is a blood thirsty maniac while white owners are just twats ?

I think it was pointed out last time the prospective buyer wasn't an 'oil' 'state' because it wasn't a 'state' and even if it was (for arguments sake) it wasn't an 'oil state' because 'oil' didn't make up a major chunk of its economy.
Calm it down. You're making things up to be annoyed about. Don't do that, the forum is fractious enough without fabrication.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd say the amount of people who are for and against is the same at both clubs..
True. I think fans from both clubs are both excited and nervous about who they end up with.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
True. I think fans from both clubs are both excited and nervous about who they end up with.

It's going to be really tricky. There was a Newcastle supporters protest organised earlier this month and the club just announced a £80 million injection from the owners and that got all the coverage.

The anti glazer protests press releases wrote themselves every time the dividends were taken or the debt was mentiined.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It was widening it behind Liverpool bad / / United good. But sorry, tell us more about people you know. Do any of these people have funny nicknames?
I feel like nicknames are in decline in general at the moment

Tarrou

Liverpool are probably better value for money at the moment

their biggest weakness is the stadium, but then we supposedly need a new one anyway

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It's not that clear cut.
Agreed, I would say that United and Liverpool fans share the same sentiments from all the pods/ YouTube videos etc that I've watched.

They have been the ones duking it out with city recently, I'm sure there are millions of critical tweets/ forum posts from Liverpool fans about oil money floating about.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
shite, had no idea
Anfield Road end is currently undergoing expansion. Think it's due by the start of next season.

On another note:

This guy was supposedly quite reliable during the Chelsea takeover?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Anfield Road end is currently undergoing expansion. Think it's due by the start of next season.

On another note:

This guy was supposedly quite reliable during the Chelsea takeover?
He was getting his information directly from Boehly, so he was spot on, and still is concerning Chelsea. He does not seem to be in the know with other clubs.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Please don't tell me that there are Liverpool fans who want to be taken over by an oil state?

romufc

It actually makes alot more sense for a potential buyer to buy Liverpool.

The club is commercially viable and has a global reach.

The price will be much lower than Manutd, spending alot less.

Liverpool built a new training ground a few years back, upgrade to Anfield is already in progress, whilst United is almost buying a run down entity that would cost 3 times the price.