Liverpool, fecking Liverpool ask the FA to look into VAR at the derby.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is all to get in the mind of the VAR officials. It's the type of thing SAF would do post match. Although, he would not make it official.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Liverpool had so many decisions go for them last season that the same Mane borderline penalty against Leicester (there was contact) is the only one that gets referenced.
I meant that close calls like the Mane one from yesterday have usually gone in your favour in the past. One goes the other way and Liverpool suddenly think it's a conspiracy. Did Hendo think they were deliberately bending lines last season as well or is that something that he's just discovered now? You've had the likes of Villa almost get relegated with a goal line decision (aware that this is not VAR but VAR didn't intervene either) and nobody heard them cry to the officials about it.
The things the club complains about when they won't win is seriously petty and just seems to prove the victim complex theory.

clarkydaz

Lose to Atletico and apparently they played too defensive.
Drop points in the league and the wind worked as a 12th man for the other side.
United lose 3 players due to injuries in the first half and they moan that broke the flow of the game.

The VVD one was a poor call but we've seen loads of decisions like the mane one go in their favour last season. The time it doesn't, they want a review. Having said all that, wait and watch how most of these 50-50's go in their favour in the coming weeks. The level of entitlement with this club is unbelievable.
i hope we apologised for that :lol:

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
I meant that close calls like the Mane one from yesterday have usually gone in your favour in the past. One goes the other way and Liverpool suddenly think it's a conspiracy. Did Hendo think they were deliberately bending lines last season as well or is that something that he's just discovered now? You've had the likes of Villa almost get relegated with a goal line decision (aware that this is not VAR but VAR didn't intervene either) and nobody heard them cry to the officials about it.
The things the club complains about when they won't win is seriously petty and just seems to prove the victim complex theory.
If you mean the one Villa got in their favour against Sheffield United (a decision which kept Villa up and started Sheff U's bad run of form), Sheff U got an official apology from Hawk-eye and the referees. We'll see what happens here. I want something said about the lack of decision against VVD, because I'm convinced Richarlison is emboldened to hurt Thiago like he does because a previous leg breaker had been ignored.

We had decisions go against us last season. Aston Villa they literally draw a line saying Firmino was onside then redrew to put him offside and disallow the goal. Klopp complained about that even after we won the game, so it's not some sudden complaining only because we didn't win. We had less penalties than every other team in the top 5 last season. We're such a good team it usually doesn't matter and it gets missed.

Red00012

Whatever happens to fair judgement ? What about all the penalties United are given time and time again, since the time of Ferguson, remember your penalty awarded after the whistle recently ?

Prickfords tackle was a straight red, but ignored only for VAR and Oliver to uselessly analyse if it was offside, completely ignoring the tackle. Richarlison gets a well deserved Red. But the Henderson goal was perfectly onside, only for David Coote, a proven United fan, behind the VAR to rule it out.

And to the OP of this thread, have you forgotten all your controversies regarding the FFP, which is another joke like VAR. Only reason your Pep is able to buy the Epl trophy, only to fail flawlessly in the UCL.

I rest my case.
You forgot to mention the Andy Robertson moment that VAR didn’t do anything about . Always the victims

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I'm not sure of the relevance of thirty years of football. Nor am I trying to argue there's genuine bias for United. I was responding to the dominant line in this thread that Liverpool can't moan because they've benefitted more than anyone from VAR and under Klopp. They've not. By most judgements, United have. You only need to look for facts last season about the teams which won the most points because of overturned decisions: Brighton and then United way out ahead. This isn't to argue United are unduly favoured, it's arguing Liverpool aren't and therefore have a right to question when VAR leads to 2 points being lost and our best player maybe missing the season without any punishment.

Indeed, just as United fans must have felt under Ferguson when you were accused of getting all the decisions when in actual fact you were so good you minimised the importance of the bad ones that went against you, Liverpool under Klopp is exactly the same. We're currently on a historic unbeaten home run: an opposition player hasn't been sent off at Anfield since 2016, Spurs have had as many penalties at the Kop end as we have since 2017. Liverpool don't get the rub of the green, like Ferguson's United we're a very good team so people forget how many bad decisions we overcome. The reference to United's penalties was a way of illustrating that, really, and going by the numbers, we've had no more luck than you have.
Overturned decisions mean that the original decision by the on pitch referee was wrong ? Perhaps highlighting issues with on pitch refs. For me it’s those that var looks at and doesn’t overturn, off the top of my head two sheff Utd goals, evertons goal at OT, handballs leading to goals for Newcastle and spurs, Fred penalty not given vs City....they were more as well. We did benefit with pens vs Villa and Norwich that I wouldn’t have given and Maguire somehow avoided a red card away to Chelsea.

If you mean the one Villa got in their favour against Sheffield United (a decision which kept Villa up and started Sheff U's bad run of form), Sheff U got an official apology from Hawk-eye and the referees. We'll see what happens here. I want something said about the lack of decision against VVD, because I'm convinced Richarlison is emboldened to hurt Thiago like he does because a previous leg breaker had been ignored.

We had decisions go against us last season. Aston Villa they literally draw a line saying Firmino was onside then redrew to put him offside and disallow the goal. Klopp complained about that even after we won the game, so it's not some sudden complaining only because we didn't win. We had less penalties than every other team in the top 5 last season. We're such a good team it usually doesn't matter and it gets missed.
You think Richarlison’s tackle was as a result of the missed VAR incident? Thats conspiracy theory type delusion.

the hawk eye decision was a technical failure.

both the decisions yesterday were human made decisions using technology. Very different.

should we now allocate a certain number of pens to teams based on their league position?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
And the hypocritical goblins also lauded Gerrard for his assault on Gary Naysmith at Anfield back in 2002, lest we forget.

feck them and the high-horse they rode in on.
I remember this and it was disgusting!
Nice to see Klopp fuming - such a pretty sight! :D

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Boo fecking hoo. Everyone has
That's basically where I am with it. Except for the part where Pickford should be subjected to various types of medieval punishment.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
I was listening on Radio to this and the commentators were certain he was getting a red but I haven’t seen it myself.
I think that Robertson, Milner and Henderson always get away with everything they do - refs have a soft spot for them.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football

Klopp might have mentioned it post match but this seems more like an official request/complaint to the FA. Aren't they two different things?
Managers say a lot of things post match and none of them are a plea to the FA. Otherwise the FA will be busy with things Jose says every week. My point is how they've reacted to being denied the goal at the end. Hendo saying that he thinks they deliberately bend the line and then immediately the club has to reach out to the FA on VAR.
I hope Pickford gets a retrospective ban but I highly doubt Liverpool would have asked the FA to intervene on VAR if they had won. Sure Klopp would have mentioned the VVD and the Thiago incidents post match but there wouldn't be any request to the FA. All the exta feelings of being victims seem to happen only when they don't win.

VivaRonaldo85

Can’t help but laugh at all the LFC Media fan boys on TV and social media this morning bemoaning the VARcical decisions they got yesterday. Feels like they’re campaigning for their beloved Klopp!! It had to start evening itself out eventually lads

Godfather

And the hypocritical goblins also lauded Gerrard for his assault on Gary Naysmith at Anfield back in 2002, lest we forget.

feck them and the high-horse they rode in on.
Or, not so long ago, this gem:

feck these dirty cnuts. Shame for VVD of course.

BFernandes

Their lack of shame really knows no bounds.

I'm half expecting them lodge an appeal to the Premier League requesting permission to sign an emergency CB to cover van Dijk.

Ludens the Red

I'm not sure of the relevance of thirty years of football. Nor am I trying to argue there's genuine bias for United. I was responding to the dominant line in this thread that Liverpool can't moan because they've benefitted more than anyone from VAR and under Klopp. They've not. By most judgements, United have. You only need to look for facts last season about the teams which won the most points because of overturned decisions: Brighton and then United way out ahead. This isn't to argue United are unduly favoured, it's arguing Liverpool aren't and therefore have a right to question when VAR leads to 2 points being lost and our best player maybe missing the season without any punishment.

Indeed, just as United fans must have felt under Ferguson when you were accused of getting all the decisions when in actual fact you were so good you minimised the importance of the bad ones that went against you, Liverpool under Klopp is exactly the same. We're currently on a historic unbeaten home run: an opposition player hasn't been sent off at Anfield since 2016, Spurs have had as many penalties at the Kop end as we have since 2017. Liverpool don't get the rub of the green, like Ferguson's United we're a very good team so people forget how many bad decisions we overcome. The reference to United's penalties was a way of illustrating that, really, and going by the numbers, we've had no more luck than you have.
The majority of my post was directed towards the second person I quoted.
Reason I asked you what I did was because you said this..

For all of Liverpool's lack of self awareness, the idea we've had the rub of the green above a United team that's had treble our penalties over the last two and half seasons despite being a far inferior team is a bit of an odd contradiction. I can't square that one myself.

We've had our share of bad luck, it's just easy to miss when you win most of your games despite that.
This is why I asked how in our 13 league titles to your zeros, when we were a “far inferior team” you managed to get more penalties than us.
I can’t square that one up myself either, seems a lot more baffling than you being better than us for a measly two years and getting more pens/decisions.

We also have the likes of Rashford and Martial, even James, who are good runners/dribblers and they kind of hog the ball so to speak so they commit players into a tackle.

Salah is a wide poacher, Firmino is never in the box and Mane is more kick and run.
So it really isn’t that surprising.

What is amazing is you getting more pens than us over those years with the likes of Andy Carroll, Dirk Kuyt and Emile Heskey in your front line when we had Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney, That is very very odd.

Fridge chutney

Pickford should have gone but it’s embarrassing the way that they’ve done this and comes across as incredibly small-time and petty.

Every single club has had farcical decisions going their way since VAR was introduced and despite the tantrums post match, nobody has gone to this extent.

VAR definitely needs another overview of how it is used but this avenue from Liverpool is a cry-baby routine.
Great post. This sums up my thoughts exactly.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Bad tackles and injuries are an unfortunate but certainly occasional part of the game. It's a contact sport after all. The challenge has been dealt with by the referee and VAR. These cuts should move on.

Honestly there have been so many worse challenges than Pickford on VVD. It feels like it's all being blown overboard just because it's their precious VVD.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Their lack of shame really knows no bounds.

I'm half expecting them lodge an appeal to the Premier League requesting permission to sign an emergency CB to cover van Dijk.
Especially if some petitions can be involved in the mix.

Slysi17

Whatever happens to fair judgement ? What about all the penalties United are given time and time again, since the time of Ferguson, remember your penalty awarded after the whistle recently ?

Prickfords tackle was a straight red, but ignored only for VAR and Oliver to uselessly analyse if it was offside, completely ignoring the tackle. Richarlison gets a well deserved Red. But the Henderson goal was perfectly onside, only for David Coote, a proven United fan, behind the VAR to rule it out.

And to the OP of this thread, have you forgotten all your controversies regarding the FFP, which is another joke like VAR. Only reason your Pep is able to buy the Epl trophy, only to fail flawlessly in the UCL.

I rest my case.
Jesus. Get a grip. It happens in football. Just move on. Other clubs fans do. I completely understand Liverpool wanting action on Pickford but wanting the offside goal looked into is ridiculous. It's happened to other teams yet they suck it up and move on.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

I rest my case.
I think you've stumbled into the wrong Forum. It's RAWK you need, not RedCafe.

Josh 76

Jesus. Get a grip. It happens in football. Just move on. Other clubs fans do. I completely understand Liverpool wanting action on Pickford but wanting the offside goal looked into is ridiculous. It's happened to other teams yet they suck it up and move on.
Exactly.
If nothing was done with the Sheff Utd goal at Villa Park last season. (Which was clearly more of a goal than this one) then what the feck do Liverpool expect with an "appeal".

You just couldn't make it up!

YAMS49

I rest my case.
Can't wait for your 2nd post....