Liverpool might pull out of Carabao cup

RyRy11

We'll probably draw them tomorrow morning so no chance they're pulling out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can you imagine Fergie doing that? I can't, but that's why he's the greatest manager ever.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This will take a fun turn if they draw us or Everton.

Abizzz

I get his point but what's keeping them from fielding 11 kids?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Can you imagine Fergie doing that? I can't, but that's why he's the greatest manager ever.
What pull out of a domestic cup because of the club World Cup .... who’d do a thing like that? ;)

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The FA should deduct points from the league as punishment.

Tiber

K

can't pretend it was a competiton I gave a shit about when United were competitive

Ludens the Red

Being a fecking douchebag here, you have a squad of 50 including youngsters. Just play the kids, why would you need to pull out? Twat.

Red Stone

Let's not deny that it's fecking hilarious that he starts throwing this out after they've knocked Arsenal out. Talk about kicking a them when they're down.

Andersonson

If so, i hope they get 3 points deducted and end up losing the league to city on goal difference.

Please, god, do it!

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
He is just trying to put pressure on them to give them a good slot for the game, they won't be pulling out of the competition, though the most gutting thing about tonight as an Arsenal fan is we somehow lost to a team that didnt seem overly fussed if they made it through or not

Needham

He has a point. And if they draw us and pull out, everyone's a winner.

Canuckred64

The FA asked us to play in the CWC. We couldn't play in both.
I think it was a bit more than an ask, more of a demand. I dont think we had much choice, the FA thought it would help England get South Anerican votes and result in England holding the World Cup. I believe we even offered to play a weakened side in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and they wouldn't allow it. There's a bit of a difference with Liverpool threatening to pull out and playing an academy side in an effort to get knocked out of the League Cup.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Just play the kids again. They've deserved another go after tonight anyway. What I really want us to do, is to ditch the Club World Cup. What a waste of time and ressources that is.

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
We won't pull out. They will just re-arrange the fixture. The date I'v seen is the week beginning Jan 6th.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just play the kids again. They've deserved another go after tonight anyway. What I really want us to do, is to ditch the Club World Cup. What a waste of time and ressources that is.
I think it’s only a waste of time if you lose. Win and it’s quite a cool but useless bragging right.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They even reckon they're top of the Alternative Bragging League.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Us and the 99/00 FA Cup isn't really a comparable situation. There was a massive bait and switch with the FA regarding that, SAF has been on record as pretty fuming about it.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think it was a bit more than an ask, more of a demand. I dont think we had much choice, the FA thought it would help England get South Anerican votes and result in England holding the World Cup. I believe we even offered to play a weakened side in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and they wouldn't allow it. There's a bit of a difference with Liverpool threatening to pull out and playing an academy side in an effort to get knocked out of the League Cup.
I know. The bottomline was that we were never able to compete in both. Liverpool can.

He didn't complain last season when they got by far the best Christmas program.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Compared to City fielding Aguero and G. Jesus against the mighty Southampton..

Canuckred64

To my recollection we are offered but we choose not to participate
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-united-given-chance-to-miss-fa-cup-1102926.html

In this article David Davies the FA's interim director explained that offering United a bye through to the fifth round of the FA Cup would have had major knock-on effects for many other clubs. It could have meant 400 smaller clubs having to play an extra qualifying round or the 20 Conference teams entering the competition at an earlier stage.

It looks like United were allowed an exemption from playing in the FA Cup because a bye into the 5th round would have caused to much upheaval and been seen as showing favouritism towards United.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-united-given-chance-to-miss-fa-cup-1102926.html

In this article David Davies the FA's interim director explained that offering United a bye through to the fifth round of the FA Cup would have had major knock-on effects for many other clubs. It could have meant 400 smaller clubs having to play an extra qualifying round or the 20 Conference teams entering the competition at an earlier stage.

It looks like United were allowed an exemption from playing in the FA Cup because a bye into the 5th round would have caused to much upheaval and been seen as showing favouritism towards United.
Ah thanks for that. May be i recall wrongly