Liverpool open top bus/trophy parade

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Everyone at Liverpool along with the scouse loving pundits and media were absolutely convinced beyond doubt they’d beat Madrid. This is one of their best ever teams and they’re not cashing in and racking up the major trophies, lovely.

Pearl.Jam

I really don’t think it matters. The world turns and things keep moving.

Liverpool have communicated and paid their respects this weekend.
I think it’ll matter to the families of the 39 who lost their lives going to a football match..this is such an insensitive and crass post, would it really be that hard to organise a parade that’s not on the same day ?

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
An open top celebration parade on the anniversary of when THAT particular club killed 39 Juventus fans is disgustingly classless.

Hideous club and support. Just imagine if that was the other way round, luckily for them they have no shame.

Hughie77

They won both of these cups before the end of the league season. I suppose they had a home game after the FACup. So the bus parade was for the UCL I suppose? But wait until you win it.

This is typical of the dippers, the arrogance of it. Putting 7 on the stairs? Why hasn't that made the press unless it has, can you Imagine if City Chelsea or UTD had done that wouldn't have heard the end of it. Real won a game they shouldn't have, the dippers have and other teams have as well, suck it up .

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They won both of these cups before the end of the league season. I suppose they had a home game after the FACup. So the bus parade was for the UCL I suppose? But wait until you win it.

This is typical of the dippers, the arrogance of it. Putting 7 on the stairs? Why hasn't that made the press unless it has, can you Imagine if City Chelsea or UTD had done that wouldn't have heard the end of it. Real won a game they shouldn't have, the dippers have and other teams have as well, suck it up .
Imagine seven? No, not at all. Not in my lifetime. :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I get that Liverpool had a lot of chances and Courtois played well but this wasn’t Celtic v Barca. Possession was 50/50, Madrid were happy to sit and if they hadn’t mucked up 2-3 excellent chances, could have scored more.

Goals win games, not chances stats or number of corners.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It has been a terrible season. Nothing has gone right. At least, it ends with a laugh, supplied by them.
Their double failure has massively saved the season.

The idea of a quadruple and bettering our once ever achieved event would have been a killer.

Any cup is worth winning, so I don't like all this sneering at a double, when we'd love a league cup let alone both, but it has to be in the context of their usually arrogant manager writing off those cups for the sake of the other 2. Glorious irony.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I get that Liverpool had a lot of chances and Courtois played well but this wasn’t Celtic v Barca. Possession was 50/50, Madrid were happy to sit and if they hadn’t mucked up 2-3 excellent chances, could have scored more.

Definitely. It wasn't exactly an onslaught of epic proportions. Real had a very marginal ruled out goal and had 2 or 3 breakaways later on that they bungled.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I rate every trophy. Even super cups. But this parade is pathetic for club big as Liverpool.

Moby

Dick
Their double failure has massively saved the season.

The idea of a quadruple and bettering our once ever achieved event would have been a killer.

Any cup is worth winning, so I don't like all this sneering at a double, when we'd love a league cup let alone both, but it has to be in the context of their usually arrogant manager writing off those cups for the sake of the other 2. Glorious irony.
The feeling of winning the Premier League and Champions League in the same season is something else though. :drool:

clarkydaz

An open top celebration parade on the anniversary of when THAT particular club killed 39 Juventus fans is disgustingly classless.

Hideous club and support. Just imagine if that was the other way round, luckily for them they have no shame.
Exactly, there would be TV and media reports on it

TheReligion

Abusive
The feeling of winning the Premier League and Champions League in the same season is something else though. :drool:

That’s how you do it with class.

Suits, real silverware and enough fans to beat anything the scouse or City have twice over.

Biggest club in England.

big rons sovereign

Madness innit. That athletic article is also absolutely mental.

Dansk

Nobody is really sneering at the fact that they won the cup double. It's the fact that they're bigging it up as if it was some kind of monumental achievement. And it's especially the way they (and the media) were jerking themselves off about the quadruple long before they had even secured so much as a single trophy. Once they'd then won the two cups (both times on penalties after 0-0), people started talking about the quadruple as if it was basically a certainty at that point. People are sneering at the vainglorious self-fellating that tarnished the entire second half of this season. Everyone's sick of how Liverpool are treated as the media's firstborn son who can do no wrong and must be encouraged at every turn. That's to say nothing of the absolutely insane amount of help they've had from referees and VAR throughout the entire season, which the media won't even so much as mention. Imagine if it had been United.

Not even at the very height of our golden age under SAF did the media and pundits and whatnot kiss our arses so desperately. Everyone's been simping so hard for Liverpool that it's downright sickening. You'll hear the same from other clubs' supporters as well on various football forums, but it will of course be voiced loudest here. Everyone's tired of the football media treating Liverpool as if they're in a special caste above everyone else. They don't have some kind of divine right to success, but you would think they did, the way journalists and pundits line up to bend the knee for them. The only other time I've seen anything comparable was when the whole world was fawning over Barcelona and Messi when they were taking the world by storm, but at least that was warranted, even if it got to be excessive and pathetic. In this case, there's nothing that warrants the kind of gushing bootlicking that Liverpool have enjoyed this year.

And it has clearly gone to their supporters' heads. They were always a bit out there, even by football fan standards, but now they're acting as if it's some kind of crime against them that they didn't get to win it all. Look at what happened outside the stadium yesterday. That's what happens when a club and its supporters are treated as royalty to be worshipped unconditionally. Just as a child raised with no discipline or humility, their supporters have become intolerable, arrogant swine who think they can do whatever they want.

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

Nobody is really sneering at the fact that they won the cup double. It's the fact that they're bigging it up as if it was some kind of monumental achievement. And it's especially the way they (and the media) were jerking themselves off about the quadruple long before they had even secured so much as a single trophy. Once they'd then won the two cups (both times on penalties after 0-0), people started talking about the quadruple as if it was basically a certainty at that point. People are sneering at the vainglorious self-fellating that tarnished the entire second half of this season. Everyone's sick of how Liverpool are treated as the media's firstborn son who can do no wrong and must be encouraged at every turn.

Not even at the very height of our golden age under SAF did the media and pundits and whatnot kiss our arses so desperately. Everyone's been simping so hard for Liverpool that it's downright sickening. You'll hear the same from other clubs' supporters as well on various football forums, but it will of course be voiced loudest here. Everyone's tired of the football media treating Liverpool as if they're in a special caste above everyone else. They don't have some kind of divine right to success, but you would think they did, the way journalists and pundits line up to bend the knee for them. The only other time I've seen anything comparable was when the whole world was fawning over Barcelona and Messi when they were taking the world by storm, but at least that was warranted, even if it got to be excessive and pathetic. In this case, there's nothing that warrants the kind of gushing bootlicking that Liverpool have enjoyed this year.
In short, feck Liverpool.

Robbie Boy

Nobody is really sneering at the fact that they won the cup double. It's the fact that they're bigging it up as if it was some kind of monumental achievement. And it's especially the way they (and the media) were jerking themselves off about the quadruple long before they had even secured so much as a single trophy. Once they'd then won the two cups (both times on penalties after 0-0), people started talking about the quadruple as if it was basically a certainty at that point. People are sneering at the vainglorious self-fellating that tarnished the entire second half of this season. Everyone's sick of how Liverpool are treated as the media's firstborn son who can do no wrong and must be encouraged at every turn. That's to say nothing of the absolutely insane amount of help they've had from referees and VAR throughout the entire season, which the media won't even so much as mention. Imagine if it had been United.

And it has clearly gone to their supporters' heads. They were always a bit out there, even by football fan standards, but now they're acting as if it's some kind of crime against them that they didn't get to win it all. Look at what happened outside the stadium yesterday. That's what happens when a club and its supporters are treated as royalty to be worshipped unconditionally. Just as a child raised with no discipline or humility, their supporters have become intolerable, arrogant swine who think they can do whatever they want.
This is fabulous.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It seems weird with any context since the fact is they didn't win the important trophies. First is first and second is nowhere. Applaud the effort all you like but full on parade is a bit much.
I guess that’s where we differ. There’s a world of difference to me between a close second and nowhere near. But this is hardly a solvable difference, we both just have different perspectives.

Hughie77

Imagine seven? No, not at all. Not in my lifetime. :lol:
Right name dumb, dippers didn't get 7 either but the arrogance like there fans thought they would , just like City did few years ago getting tshirts made we won it against UTD, and lost 2-3 . Arrogance and classless as normal that why there is a dislike to certain cretin pool fans, most of my family members are pool fans. And I even put money on them to win last night. Again arrogance!!

Last edited:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
They probably wouldn't of been doing it if thy got knocked out the CL earlier on. Probably so arrogant to assume they'd be showing off 3 trophies today.

Amarsdd

Honestly, I thought this thread was a joke thread when I saw it in the football forum. They are actually having an open top bus parade for this double! :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

That must feel really awkward for them to do this. That kind of parade only makes sense when you actually win the big thing. Otherwise, please stay at home and spare the waste of council taxes.