Liverpool plan to increase Anfield capacity

Spoony

The People's President
That's just the new main stand photoshopped to fit. If you look, all three stands in that picture are exactly the same. FSG have said that details will be released at the end of this month

Yep. Plus it looks awfully uniform. The new stand should be as tall as the Main Stand but also different. Anfield may end up looking like a modern day Westfalen.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Informative thread. I’ve learned that we’ve fallen behind Liverpool by only having 15k more seats than them.

Liverpool’s upturn isn’t down to the appointment of Klopp, but their own world class Unique Scouting Algorithm.

FSG aren’t about the money, they really care about the club.

They differ from the Glazers because they ‘planned’ to have on field success, while the Glazers, apparently, did not.

I must have imagined the wide spread criticism of FSG prior to Klopp’s appointment. They most definitely didn’t campaign to get them out.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Only a matter of time before Liverpool overtake us as the bigger and morally superior club.

All banter aside they've come a long way for a club who have only existed for 50 years.

In another 50 years we'll be playing the conference while Chelsea, Liverpool and City play each other in a triple threat Champions League final.

redrobed

And how are they going to pay for it? Does FFP just not apply to Liverpool?

Raw

There will be a point where all the top clubs in England will have stadiums almost as big as ours yet we'll still do nothing to upgrade the stadium.

Matthew84!

Only a matter of time before Liverpool overtake us as the bigger and morally superior club.

All banter aside they've come a long way for a club who have only existed for 50 years.

In another 50 years we'll be playing the conference while Chelsea, Liverpool and City play each other in a triple threat Champions League final.
Wow, over reaction much? Every club will need to build up their stadium if they want to spend loads. Utd don't need to do that,

Oranges038

Make that a Triple threat TLC Hell in a Cell match and I'd watch it.

RoyH1

There will be a point where all the top clubs in England will have stadiums almost as big as ours yet we'll still do nothing to upgrade the stadium.
Old Trafford is still comfortably bigger than any other club stadium in the British Isles. We have 12, 13 thousand more in capacity than Spurs and Arsenal and even Liverpool if they get to 61.000.

That said, Old Trafford does need a loving hand and a coat of paint. But we're not suffering for capacity.

Fluctuation0161

Stadiums need upgrades. It is a fact of life for most clubs. Arsenal, Spurs, even West Ham etc.

The Glazers on the other hand hide behind the train line excuse on expansion while the roof leaks.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
And how are they going to pay for it? Does FFP just not apply to Liverpool?
They certainly do that!!!
Are you seriously complaining that Liverpool have more money that United? Or that their owners are spending more? For reference, we're talking about the club that did virtually no transfers last summer and got the two cheapest CBs it could get in the winter.

RUCK4444

Jeeez that was a depressing read bud

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
60million seems ambitious for a project that size!
We rebuilt the entire main stand for £150m so a smaller stand with less footprint can be done for that. Granted I'm no architect but going off what we've spent in the past, it's certainly feasible that this can be done.
The owners didn't want to spend £500m on a new stadium when effectively they'd only be gaining 17k new seats. Doing it this way has cut the cost massively and we've been able to stay at Anfield to boot

Oggmonster

We rebuilt the entire main stand for £150m so a smaller stand with less footprint can be done for that. Granted I'm no architect but going off what we've spent in the past, it's certainly feasible that this can be done.
The owners didn't want to spend £500m on a new stadium when effectively they'd only be gaining 17k new seats. Doing it this way has cut the cost massively and we've been able to stay at Anfield to boot
Materials have gone up massively over the last year and in particular the last few months. There's shortages and massive cost increases especially on materials such as steel which a structure like that needs a lot of.

Whilst I'm sure it'll get done and look great when it is but I'd be surprised if it's done for 60million myself from experience of the construction industry in recent times.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’d love them to route the train straight though the pitch at OT. Have players push each other into it as it flies back. OT suddenly becomes more interesting as a blood sport

Yagami

Good post resistant
I still feel like 61,000 is too small for a club like Liverpool.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Joel promised £12m for stadium upgrades right? What does that realistically get us?

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Materials have gone up massively over the last year and in particular the last few months. There's shortages and massive cost increases especially on materials such as steel which a structure like that needs a lot of.

Whilst I'm sure it'll get done and look great when it is but I'd be surprised if it's done for 60million myself from experience of the construction industry in recent times.
Fair enough, you probably know more about it than I do. It'll be interesting to see the final cost though.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking lól at posters complaining about ffp when it comes to us. Our owners count every penny.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I still feel like 61,000 is too small for a club like Liverpool.
Considering we were still at 45? Just 5 or so years ago it’s better than not having it upgraded and modernised.

Klopp really is a heaven send for these owners. Consistent CL football and trophies to boot whilst upgrading the stadium and paying very little in net terms. Yeah the wages will be huge but compared to most big clubs in this era the man has saved them a fortune and the clubs worth has skyrocketed. Nobody else takes us to where we are today.