Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season

Fridge chutney

Really want us to overtake 20 league titles while Sir Alex Ferguson witnesses it. :)
It's a sad state of affairs that posters on a United forum have to tolerate this sort of snide gloating shite.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
There is no denying that Klopp is a good coach/manager, but to mention him in the same breath as SAF is quite frankly laughable. Klopp has a long way to go before he can be compared to SAF, if ever.
No one is mentioning Klopp in the same breath as Ferguson. I simply said in my post that somewhere in the world right now there's probably another Ferguson, Pep, or Klopp just starting to make his mark in the game. But considering that Jurgen is roughly the same age now as Ferguson was when he won his first PL league title. Then taking into account what he's already achieved in the game. I'd say he's got a great chance of winning a lot more in the future, which would elevate him as an all-time-great when he does eventually pack it in.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly nine months after the win against Barcelona, Henderson's wife yesterday gave birth to their third child.

Today, Salah's wife gave birth to their second child.

0le

No one is mentioning Klopp in the same breath as Ferguson. I simply said in my post that somewhere in the world right now there's probably another Ferguson, Pep, or Klopp just starting to make his mark in the game. But considering that Jurgen is roughly the same age now as Ferguson was when he won his first PL league title. Then taking into account what he's already achieved in the game. I'd say he's got a great chance of winning a lot more in the future, which would elevate him as an all-time-great when he does eventually pack it in.
An all time great. Don't make me laugh. He has ONE trophy since arriving there. He can't even be bothered to play full strength teams in the cup competitions. He has never had to rebuild a winning team (I mean once the team is successful, rebuild it from there). He is a great manager but there is still a long way to go. I would say he hasn't even surpassed Wenger yet or Mourinho. Come back in 5 years time and then we'll talk.

Paul_Scholes18

Exactly nine months after the win against Barcelona, Henderson's wife yesterday gave birth to their third child.

Today, Salah's wife gave birth to their second child.

They should be safe. Klopp do not like to play with the kids. He let someone else do that job.

redman5

An all time great. Don't make me laugh. He has ONE trophy since arriving there. He can't even be bothered to play full strength teams in the cup competitions. He has never had to rebuild a winning team (I mean once the team is successful, rebuild it from there). He is a great manager but there is still a long way to go. I would say he hasn't even surpassed Wenger yet or Mourinho. Come back in 5 years time and then we'll talk.
I'd say he's got a great chance of winning a lot more in the future, which would elevate him as an all-time-great when he does eventually pack it in.

That's what I said about Klopp & the 'possibility' of him becoming an all time great. What part of that don't you agree with ? Don't you believe he's got a great chance of further success ? Don't you think if he did win more league titles - remember he's won 2 in Germany against all the odds - & another CL or 2 that would elevate him to all-time-great status ? How many did Wenger win to get that accolade ? How many Champions League Titles did he win in his 22 years at Arsenal ? You don't have to wait 5 years to answer those questions.

Josep Dowling

I’m just absolutely sick of the social media love in with Liverpool. It’s getting beyond a joke. Milner watches the reserves play in the FA cup it’s get written about like he’s some God. The reserves lose 5-0 to Aston Villa and it was portrayed like they dominated the game. They haven’t even won the league yet and it’s already insufferable. Going to be a few more footballing years of misery until another club knocks them off their perch once more.

UnitedChampionsAgain

This season will be wiped from the memory of all but Lfc supporters, it's been a borefest from start to finish. If the media want to make a big thing of it I couldn't care less. The likes of Blackburn, Leeds and Leicester have won the league since they last did it so it's nothing to get excited about. If anything it points to the obvious decline in this once great league.

Raj70

Supports
Liverpool
This season will be wiped from the memory of all but Lfc supporters, it's been a borefest from start to finish. If the media want to make a big thing of it I couldn't care less. The likes of Blackburn, Leeds and Leicester have won the league since they last did it so it's nothing to get excited about. If anything it points to the obvious decline in this once great league.
Yes, I get it the league was only strong in 13 seasons between 1993 and 2013. Am I doing this right.

In fact the rest of Europe and the world must be weak also. Whereas in 1999 and 2008 it was at its best.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Yes, I get it the league was only strong in 13 seasons between 1993 and 2013. Am I doing this right.

In fact the rest of Europe and the world must be weak also. Whereas in 1999 and 2008 it was at its best.
Spot on, plus we must remember how weak the league was in the seventies and eighties when even the likes of Notts Forest could win it. Europe was very weak too. Liverpool only had Bayern to deal with as the likes of R Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc were sleeping back then.

ExecutionerWasp001

There were a few poor PL seasons within our 13 victories. I don't think there was ever a point where the big teams were all as poor as they have been this season though.

It can't be questioned that a lot of the European teams are also not what they once were. Arsenal & Chelsea are both poor teams yet made it to a Europa Final. Liverpool & Spurs both made the CL Final. Barca gave up a 3 goal lead in the Liverpool tie. Spurs lost 13 games in the league in that season.

redman5

There were a few poor PL seasons within our 13 victories. I don't think there was ever a point where the big teams were all as poor as they have been this season though.

It can't be questioned that a lot of the European teams are also not what they once were. Arsenal & Chelsea are both poor teams yet made it to a Europa Final. Liverpool & Spurs both made the CL Final. Barca gave up a 3 goal lead in the Liverpool tie. Spurs lost 13 games in the league in that season.
That's how football generally works, teams peak & then fall over time. Although since the inception of the Premier League it's more often than not been mainly United, followed by Chelsea & Arsenal, who've been crowned champions. There's been a couple of anomalies with Blackburn & Leicester, but by & large it's the aforementioned who've battled it out for the title over the past 20 odd years. It's quite obvious that the usual suspects are in decline, even in Europe too. Liverpool & Arsenal went into decline in the early 90's which left a void that Ferguson's United happily filled for 2 decades. But take a look at the competition you were faced with in the early years. You really only had Blackburn & Newcastle who offered any sort of challenge until Wenger came along. I'd say that at this moment in time ourselves & City have filled in the void that yourselves, Chelsea, & Arsenal have left. It remains to be seen of course how long it'll stay that way.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
So convinced that this season will be forgotten that you’re insistent on telling people that it’ll be forgotten.

I, for one, am sold.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Spot on, plus we must remember how weak the league was in the seventies and eighties when even the likes of Notts Forest could win it. Europe was very weak too. Liverpool only had Bayern to deal with as the likes of R Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc were sleeping back then.
If it was so weak why did united get relegated? If it's so weak now how are you in 9th 10th or where ever you are. I have to double click the league table to find you now to bring the full table up.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If it was so weak why did united get relegated? If it's so weak now how are you in 9th 10th or where ever you are. I have to double click the league table to find you now to bring the full table up.
So because we’re not doing well the league is strong? What an odd point to make.

montpelier

City havent been great, the rest are all as bad or good as each other, it seems to me.

But 4th down isn't great at all, I don't think.

montpelier

You & I both have something in common. Our usernames are both out of date. Mine should read redman6 but I've not bothered to ask the mods to change it as I imagine they're far too busy :)
I think you should it give it a go. 5 looks a bit odd now.

But then you might have to ask again for the incoming 7 I suppose, difficult to know isn't it?

einstein

I'm worried that some evil mod might put 30 in there in recognition of something I'd rather not be reminded of. & it's not my age unfortunately.
If I were a mod I would give you a 6 in your username as you want. I would also give you “Waiting for 30 years” as your tag line, as I am evil that way.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised

I doubt it'll make much of a difference for the current lack of possibility to get tickets as a random overseas fan, but it does look nice.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So today I've just randomly been revoked from posting in the match thread. Weeks after I posted anything or even remember what I said. Mods fully in their rights to obviously. Sign of things to come in the next few weeks/months? Cough China cough.

Covid number 19 and all that. :wenger: :angel:

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
So today I've just randomly been revoked from posting in the match thread. Weeks after I posted anything or even remember what I said. Mods fully in their rights to obviously. Sign of things to come in the next few weeks/months? Cough China cough.

Same here. I can’t remember when I last posted in the match thread.

Sparky Rhiwabon

A very senior Liverpool official has phoned up some random guy who can barely spell or type properly. Seems legit.
This guy has been accurate in the past. Broke the Ziyech to Chelsea news before anyone else afaik.

I wouldn't have posted his tweet if he didn't have a track record of reliability

montpelier

The Utd Match thread or General Footy?

The first one is a complete madhouse.

Paul_Scholes18

It is ok to take drugs for managers right? Since it is obvious Klopp is on some strong shit regulary.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
This guy has been accurate in the past. Broke the Ziyech to Chelsea news before anyone else afaik.

I wouldn't have posted his tweet if he didn't have a track record of reliability
He's got zero track record. Just went through a week of his tweets. (I must be nuts!) Complete ramblings of an attention seeker.

Poch to United seems to be his big scoop, like nobody in the world has thought of that!

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

I've just logged in and found that I've had the same happen to me. The accompanying message was "stop being stupid". Havent posted anything in a matchday thread since the middle of January so a bit confused

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I've just logged in and found that I've had the same happen to me. The accompanying message was "stop being stupid". Havent posted anything in a matchday thread since the middle of January so a bit confused
The purge has started. I've never posted in match day. Not my place