Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season*

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think they deserve it.
This is really unimportant. The team that has the most amount of points after 38 games in one season wins the Premier League, deservedly or not. It's really as straightforward as that. I know it's wumming, but @Dumbstar's point on mental gymnastics is exactly the other way around - not awarding them the trophy if the season is finished is the logical way to proceed. The mental gymnastics and subjective evaluations begin when you start looking at it differently.

Random Task

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope they get the throphy to be honest.
As someone who love sports I think they deserve it. Nobody has been even close to them, for the players who has been giving everything its a disaster if they dont get it.

Using a situation like this to mock other clubs, players and fans is childish and a disgrace. As a grown man im bemused by some of the posts in this thread. Some of you lack intelligence
The self-righteousness is getting old.

Andersonson

Do you also believe that the team that creates most chances, but scores no goals in a game should be declared winners because they "deserve" it?
Where the feck did that logic come from? You dont think Liverpool has been the best team this season?

motsjo

Where the feck did that logic come from? You dont think Liverpool has been the best team this season?
They have, but the season is not finished! It really is that simple. Do you think Bayern should have been declared winners of the 1999 CL final if the match was interrupted after about 68 minutes and 41 seconds? That is the equivalent of the season that has been played so far. As long as there are teams who can overtake them, you can NOT declare them winners of this season.

hobbers

If you haven't completed the league season, you can never claim to be league champions.

It's a hard knock life. Just two wins from mathematically clinching it as well. :lol: :lol:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Do you also believe that the team that creates most chances, but scores no goals in a game should be declared winners because they "deserve" it?
That's a flawed comparison because in that timeline the team you refer to would've had the opportunities to win matches but simply fail to due to their own performance. In this very real timeline that isn't the case and rather the stumbling blocks are extraordinary circumstances that we've never seen before.

The idea that Liverpool should be awarded the title simply because they deserve it is obviously crazy but the idea that they should be awarded the title if the league is unable to continue has some merit.

evil_geko

As someone who love sports I think they deserve it. Nobody has been even close to them, for the players who has been giving everything its a disaster if they dont get it.

Using a situation like this to mock other clubs, players and fans is childish and a disgrace. As a grown man im bemused by some of the posts in this thread. Some of you lack intelligence
It is more childish and disgraceful condescending others and their intelligence, but there you go, you nailed it. Now go be self righteous and morally superior somewhere else, cheers.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I don't see how the competition could ever be taken seriously again if you award the championship to a team that hasn't actually won it. It would make the league a laughing stock and rightfully so.

Andycoleno9

No, but if they give "120%" then they should be a winners. :lol:
I hate "deserve" argument in sports. Pro sport is not school playground. It has rules and you win games, medals or trophies by that rules. It reminds me on one episode of friends when Joey says. "I really really want that role in film". And Phoebe tells him. " Well if you really really want it then ok".

Season is legit when all 38 rounds are played. If not..well, we don't have a winner.

Andycoleno9

Why are you losing your precious time on this forum then? You are clearly bigger person than all of us who are using our time to talk about something irelevant like football. Go out and help older people and don't laugh next few months and don't have sex. Remember that you are not allowed to enjoy in life while situation is serious like this.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I don't see how the competition could ever be taken seriously again if you award the championship to a team that hasn't actually won it. It would make the league a laughing stock and rightfully so.
It's true. Initially I was not opposed to the idea in principle at all, as we all know they'd win it under normal circumstances. But to put their name on the trophy, to give them the same honours and prestige bestowed upon every other team who finished first after completing a full season would devalue the award. If the season cannot be completed I don't see how they can be given the title, just as I don't see how you can say to any team that their position is final. Where do we draw the line? Norwich are almost certain to go down, do we relegate them but leave the others? Ultimately I do not think in these questions we can take mathematical chances into account - all that matters is if it's possible, we have to treat it as so. On that basis nothing can be treated as final and it all has to be voided.

Andersonson

This is really unimportant. The team that has the most amount of points after 38 games in one season wins the Premier League, deservedly or not. It's really as straightforward as that. I know it's wumming, but @Dumbstar's point on mental gymnastics is exactly the other way around - not awarding them the trophy if the season is finished is the logical way to proceed. The mental gymnastics and subjective evaluations begin when you start looking at it differently.
Thats correct, the team that has the most points after 38 games is the winner.....

And after 29 games Liverpool is 6 points away from that.
The self-righteousness is getting old.
Whats getting old is the lack of sportmanship

Andersonson

Why are you losing your precious time on this forum then? You are clearly bigger person than all of us who are using our time to talk about something irelevant like football. Go out and help older people and don't laugh next few months and don't have sex. Remember that you are not allowed to enjoy in life while situation is serious like this.
I enjoy my time, and my life. I smile alot even. What I dont enjoy is people wishing shit upon others. If you felt my posts hit you a nerve, maybe I was correct?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Liverpool are the premier league champions and they deserve it. No asterix whatsoever for me.

RedDevil@84

Yes, they were the best team of the season. Doesn't make them winners though. Front runners. Sure.
The declaration of winners, CL and EL spots and relegation teams need to be absolute. Not be based on they "deserve" this.

evil_geko

Except they are. I’ve seen the useless bs arguments in this thread and have concluded they are champions. Easily.
Formally, they are not. And if league does not continue, they wont be. That is the only truth here, arguments or not.

Whether some wont except it....that is their problem.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Formally, they are not. And if league does not continue, they wont be. That is the only truth here, arguments or not.

Whether some wont except it....that is their problem.
You’ve got it the wong way around. Formally they are when the fa award them the league. Semantics is what people will be discussing right now and afterwards, when they will have 19 league wins behind their name.

If you don’t accept it, that’s your problem.

evil_geko

You’ve got it the weong way around. Formally they are when the fa award them the league. Semantics is what people will be discussing right now and afterwards, when they will have 20 league wins behind their name.
If you don’t accept it, that’s your problem.
No one will accept title that wasn't "won" except Liverpool fans and some strange cases. So I have no problem. They can "Award" them what they want.

RedDevil@84

PL/FA can says "so be it" and award them the trophy

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
No one will accept title that wasn't "won" except Liverpool fans and some strange cases. So I have no problem. They can "Award" them what they want.
You’ve got it the other way around again. The people (wilfully, lustfully) enwrapping them in these semantics are the strange cases. I doubt people who think that way are the majority.

On the caf though? Yes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've an enormous amount of sympathy for Liverpool and, furthermore,...oh f*ck it, who am I kidding?

evil_geko

You’ve got it the other way around again. The people (wilfully, lustfully) enwrapping them in these semantics are the strange cases.
Except, these are not semantics but statistical facts, cheers.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Except, these are not semantics but statistical facts, cheers.
When the fa, the organization that runs this competition officially announces them as champions and no club decide to announce opposition to this, the factswill be that they are champions and will be at 19 titles in the books.

That all will be as formal as official and as factual as you will like. Hence the asteriks in the very title of this thread. Here we argue whether it is right that they will be announced champions.

Dave Smith

Except they are. I’ve seen the useless bs arguments in this thread and have concluded they are champions. Easily.
Please show me any hard data that proves 100% that Liverpool have won the league. I will point you to the PL table which 100% proves that Liverpool are not league champions as they still require a further six points.

motsjo

Oh you have concluded they are champions? Well great, someone should let the FA, all English football clubs and their respective lawyers know! Kevin has solved the dilemma! They should just cancel the meeting planned for thursday and instead have the trophy ceremony then. Anyone got Henderson's number? He'd be thrilled to learn he's lifting the trophy in only two days.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
When the fa, the organization that runs this competition officially announces them as champions and no club decide to announce opposition to this, the factswill be that they are champions and will be at 19 titles in the books.

That all will be as formal as official and as factual as you will like. Hence the asteriks in the very title of this thread. Here we argue whether it is right that they will be announced champions.
The FA don't run this competition do they?

Also, nice return to wumming Kevin.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Please show me any hard data that proves 100% that Liverpool have won the league. I will point you to the PL table which 100% proves that Liverpool are not league champions as they still require a further six points.
No they are not. Yet.

At least until they win their next two matches.
Heh heh heh, The Hard Data. I will give it to you guys when they are announced champions whatever the circumstances. Deservedly.

I hope our club will spend their energy more wisely and plot our long comeback to the top.

clarkydaz

i remember last year they supposedly deserved it aswell even though City won it. Ok, even if they do get it awarded to them the shine has rubbed off this victory so much as nobody even cares about football at the moment. 30 years for this, im content with that

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
The FA don't run this competition do they?

Also, nice return to wumming Kevin.
Whoever. No clubs will oppose, they know it will make them look like sore losers if they announce anything like that officially. Unlike the people in here who can act as if they are just being common sense white knights.

and It’s called getting older and not getting bitter in childish ways. You should try it after years on this board.

Random Task

Formally they are when the fa award them the league.
The only thing better than the scousers not winning the title this year is to have it "awarded" to them in some pitiful gesture of goodwill.

I genuinely hope you're right :)

Random Task

Thats correct, the team that has the most points after 38 games is the winner.....

And after 29 games Liverpool is 6 points away from that.

Whats getting old is the lack of sportmanship
I'm evil, I don't do sportsmanship.