Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season*

Joeace2020

The PL and FA award them the league. What happens to UCL and Europa league positions that are not final? If you award those to the teams there now, the teams that could still make it have a case... in court. They would also challenge the PL and FA's decision to give the league to Liverpool. On what basis? Top after what? 29 games? A lot of back and forths which taints the win even further. What about relegation places? End them as they are? Then more cases because a couple of teams could still get out. Truth is no matter what Liverpool fans say here, I am very sure the FA would void the league and restart as that saves them a lot of pain even though some trouble still lie ahead.

Random Task

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Me three. Snap your hand off @Random Task
That's 30 years of pain and suffering talking mate. You're allowing your rank desperation to cloud your judgment.

I don't think there is anything more demeaning to a footballer than being awarded a free league title out of pity.

montpelier

I don't mind admitting my derision is motivated by bitterness.

But they haven't quite got enough points on the board to deserve winning it. That looks like a statistical fact to me.

montpelier

Or if they have. What's the 'deserve' threshold or calculation for when a season is kaput in terms of points leads from other clubs and games left?

And can we have 1/8 of an FA Cup please?

Judas

Open to offers
It's so laughably transparent all the desperate ex-Liverpool players coming out in the media saying the league must be finished :lol: John Barnes saying scrap next season to finish this one.

They. Are. Worried.

Ronaldo's ego

I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
It's so laughably transparent all the desperate ex-Liverpool players coming out in the media saying the league must be finished :lol: John Barnes saying scrap next season to finish this one.

They. Are. Worried.
Just saw that too. Such lovely people they are, not worried about how this could destroy people’s lives if it doesn’t kill them first but how to make sure they get that title.

VeevaVee

despite the protests, wears Ugg boots
Scout
No they are not. Yet.

At least until they win their next two matches.
And even that wouldn’t be ‘fair’. If behind closed doors, there’s the obvious lack of home advantage for the opposition when they’re away, after Pool benefiting from it in their home tie. Then there’s players being injured or coming back from injury. Then there’s the potential of players being distracted by the health of their family. Then some teams will simply suffer from having an extended break and not being in the swing of it.

It definitely wouldn’t be ‘fair’ even if it carried on.
It’s a right mess.

romufc

It is clear this season will not finish. We will not see football back for months.

Is it fair to sacrifice next season to complete this?

What happens after a 6 week break? players need pre mid season to get back fit? for 10 games? then have a break again?

Surely that cannot happen. Although, I would like to see football as we have a chance of winning a trophy and finishing top 4, realistically it will be a logistical nightmare.

tomaldinho1

They. Are. Worried.
Haha I saw that too - as if the PL would sacrifice a full season. Liverpool winning the title isn't the issue. The problem is the European places & relegation/promotion because it's so vital financially to every club big and small.

I can't see any way other than voiding the whole season for everyone, which is incredibly harsh particularly on Liverpool (which would be hilarious) but mostly the teams all fighting for promotion. At least then everyone has been treated equally and no one comes out well.

OR

Mini tournaments behind closed doors for promotion/relegation & CL/EL. Would be pretty fun for example to have 1st place in Championship vs 20th in PL (plus 2nd vs 19th and so on) and then for European it'd have to be something like 2nd - 8th knock out games to decide who is in the CL and who is Europa. Not ideal but at least gives clubs some aspect of control over their own destiny.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They. Are. Worried.
Club loyalties run so deep don't they.

I can accept people saying it should be completed, but only that comes with a massive IF linked to a certain date.

It's madness to think we HAVE to finish it, irrespective of when!

tenpoless

It's funny to see how They are so desperate for the title. Oh? I thought you guys said this Liverpool is the best team in Europe and will dominate for years?
Boll-ocks.

TheReligion

Abusive
Head of UEFA saying Liverpool will not be champions unless the season is completed. And that's looking very unlikely right about now.

Pexbo

Online influencer who has never watched Star Wars
Liverpool are the premier league champions and they deserve it. No asterix whatsoever for me.
Liverpool - Premier League champions 19/20 Season*

*According to Kevin

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Head of UEFA saying Liverpool will not be champions unless the season is completed. And that's looking very unlikely right about now.
Should hope not. How can you award something that hasn't been won? It'd be a horrific precedent, and lead to impossible debates in any potential future scenarios. You could imagine the songs about calling off the season in August with some chancers temporarily leading the league!

sugar_kane

At least now even if they win it they can never undo the fact that a bunch of their legends came out in one of the darkest weeks in modern human history to moan about how unfair it is that they might not win a sports trophy.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Who is challenging a title awarded to Liverpool? City? I don't think they have the gall to do so.
Maths is challenging a title awarded to Liverpoo - the MATHS has not confirmed anything, be it for Liverpoo or for any other teams in all divisions.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah. So they won't recognise you as champions unless the season is finished. The writings on the wall I feel.
Yeah it doesn't look too good judging by those comments. Seems like more ex-Liverpool people need to be wheeled into television studios. We keep fighting these Brexited bastards! :keano:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Liverpool havent won the Premier League in 30 years and they wont win Premier League this year.

So can we please change the thread title and be Done with it? They are such a mediocre team, especially if you look since winter break.

Also the front 3 Will be close to 30 when Corona is over. This was the chance and they fecked it up just like Slippy G would.

Their ”3 year cycle” has come to and end..again..without a PL title. They are not Champions now and wont be Champions either! hopefully not in 30 years time hahaha.

Josh 76

Liverpool havent won the Premier League in 30 years and they wont win Premier League this year.

So can we please change the thread title and be Done with it? They are such a mediocre team, especially if you look since winter break.

Also the front 3 Will be close to 30 when Corona is over. This was the chance and they fecked it up just like Slippy G would.

Their ”3 year cycle” has come to and end..again..without a PL title. They are not Champions now and wont be Champions either! hopefully not in 30 years time hahaha.
Interesting point made about Liverpool's front 3 (and VVD) missing out on football for a few months (maybe longer) during their peak years.

If this season has to be finished no matter what, then they may have to write the following season off. :lol:

MikeeMike

Far fetched to imagine they wont complete the games this season and Liverpool are winners. Strange coincidence that earliest date to win title was us in 2001 on 12th April and that is most likely the game they will secure it (if season resumes). I’m coming to terms with them winning it and it is sour grapes on my side, but if it is behind closed doors it will be easier to take. If its true about Daglish,Lawrenson etc kicking off about a void season then it shows lack of respect for situation.

Devil81

The fact people even care if Liverpool win the league whilst my mum sits is house bound with COPD and thousands others worry the same fate really annoys me.

Give the twats the title, as I said to my Liverpool supporting mate, what's happening in the real world is far more important than all these pathetic conversations.

I love the game more than anything as well but I've lost interest.

Crustanoid

Far fetched to imagine they wont complete the games this season and Liverpool are winners. Strange coincidence that earliest date to win title was us in 2001 on 12th April and that is most likely the game they will secure it (if season resumes). I’m coming to terms with them winning it and it is sour grapes on my side, but if it is behind closed doors it will be easier to take. If its true about Daglish,Lawrenson etc kicking off about a void season then it shows lack of respect for situation.
Dalglish and Lawrenson are massive dicks if true. The critical situation for thousands of people is far more important than their stupid whims for their self pitying club winning something.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
The fact people even care if Liverpool win the league whilst my mum sits is house bound with COPD and thousands others worry the same fate really annoys me.

Give the twats the title, as I said to my Liverpool supporting mate, what's happening in the real world is far more important than all these pathetic conversations.

I love the game more than anything as well but I've lost interest.
Pretty much this.. I don't care about the outcome of this season. It was a great ride but it's over now. The rest is just for the statistics.

MikeeMike

Dalglish and Lawrenson are massive dicks if true. The critical situation for thousands of people is far more important than their stupid whims for their self pitying club winning something.
Agree also but there is so much click bait around currently from (also classless) tabloids.

Crustanoid

I can’t believe there’s even a conversation about finishing the season. The world is in meltdown. Sack it off and come back to it when we can cope with it again

El Zoido

Feck it, let them have it. It would be worse if they win it next season after all this adversity. Better they win it now in this depressing, unfinished, behind-closed-doors season. It’s been the lamest premier league season ever so having them win it in front of an empty stadium is fitting. They will say it doesn’t matter as long as they got the trophy, but we know the truth. This really takes the shine off it. I still watch those Bruce goals that clinched the league in ‘93, Liverpool’s greatest moment in 30 years will be in an anti-climax “friendly” game with no fans, that nobody wants to play. I’m ok with that.

Toad

I can’t believe there’s even a conversation about finishing the season. The world is in meltdown. Sack it off and come back to it when we can cope with it again
I agree. More important issues than a trophy in a sport. Pathetic really.

Crustanoid

I agree. More important issues than a trophy in a sport. Pathetic really.
It is quite frankly, ridiculous. Void it all until further notice. If we were in poll position, we’d have to take the rough with the smooth. Go out next season and prove we’re still the best, legitimately. The only reason there is any question here is the sanctimonious sentimentality of a critical mass of LFC fans, ex players and media influencers. Any sane countries would have already voided it. It is utterly pathetic and it needs to stop now. Message for any LFC fans on this forum. Please do think about your compatriots before posting

Andersonson

They have, but the season is not finished! It really is that simple. Do you think Bayern should have been declared winners of the 1999 CL final if the match was interrupted after about 68 minutes and 41 seconds? That is the equivalent of the season that has been played so far. As long as there are teams who can overtake them, you can NOT declare them winners of this season.
Thats not even remotely the same

VanKenny

With the post im about to write i feel like a mouse getting itself into a pit of snakes but honestly this entire thread is just an anti-liverpool circlejerk, this is too much even for a Manchester United forum.

Liverpool should be the PL winners this season and thats the only sure thing about the 2019/2020 football season TBH, at least the only thing of relevance for world football. Makes me cringe a bit seeing post after post of Utd fans talking bollocks, seriously. Liverpool swept the floor with the league this season and thats just just it.

Oh well, inb4 quoted by 26 people. No harm meant obviously, its probably the corona virus-histeria talking

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Liverpool should be the PL winners this season and thats the only sure thing about the 2019/2020 football season TBH, at least the only thing of relevance for world football. Makes me cringe a bit seeing post after post of Utd fans talking bollocks, seriously. Liverpool swept the floor with the league this season and thats just just it.
Right now, football is completely irrelevant; that’s the issue really, people seem to think that football really matters, when the current situation means it really, really doesn’t.

Zen86

With the post im about to write i feel like a mouse getting itself into a pit of snakes but honestly this entire thread is just an anti-liverpool circlejerk, this is too much even for a Manchester United forum.

Oh well, inb4 quoted by 26 people. No harm meant obviously, its probably the corona virus-histeria talking
I think the point is that the league is pretty insignificant right now in the grand scheme of things. Bunch of ex scousers are crying to the media but really, who gives a shit at the moment?

Berbasbullet

But where does that end? Does the team at the bottom get relegated?

Renegade

But where does that end? Does the team at the bottom get relegated?
I’ve yet see anyone answer this. And do Leeds get to win their league too? Or are we only deciding Liverpool’s fate?

I’d find it funny if they were awarded the league whilst everything else remained the same.
no parade, no celebration. Just move onto next season.